spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tlamming
join:2001-08-21
Howell, MI

Tlamming

solution

The best way to get around this BS is to get an old smart phone and activate a new sim on it, then take the sim out and swap it into the nexus 7.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

2 recommendations

MovieLover76

Not the best idea, as you'll be paying $40 for voice and text on a device that can do neither, on top of the data charges.

Best way around this BS if you absolutely have to stay on Verizon is to an old Verizon tablet activated and then use that sim. Other than that wait for Verizon to get off their lazy ass and authorize it.

Better solution is to leave Verizon, they are so freaking restrictive and not for the nexus crowd really. As much as I never really loved AT&T they have turned their network around, and it's coverage is getting really good, or T-mobile if you happen to have good coverage with them.

Verizon and there control issues aren't worth the bother for me.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon to Tlamming

to Tlamming
This is absolutely the worst way!
It is not about actually activating your nexus7!
It's about putting dickhead VZ back in its place and follow the rule of the law!
If we let this slide then the next step for VZ will be to assign sim cards to specific device imei numbers!

When you go to any other place in the world carriers there don't ask you what device you'll be using. You simply buy a sim card and walk out. It's none of VZ's business how I'll be using SERVICE I PAY FOR.