kudos:1

[SU] iTunes 11.1 is available on apple.com

Not showing from Software Update yet.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state

Looks like the download is not longer working from apple.com.

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
reply to Nezmo

»www.macupdate.com/download/5661/···11.1.dmg

Tex Longhorn
45-35
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-05
Luckenbach
kudos:3

»www.macupdate.com/app/mac/5661/apple-itunes

I got it from this link, but it doesn't appear to be working now. I think I will hold off on updating.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
reply to Nezmo

I managed to get it from apple.com/itunes before it was pulled. I don't see the new Radio tab, however. It only shows the old radio genres and stations. Odd. Maybe that gets activated (or it's absence is the reason they pulled it)?

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA
reply to crazyk4952

The link for 11.1 is back at »www.apple.com/itunes

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric

said by BellBoy:

The link for 11.1 is back at »www.apple.com/itunes

That still does not work for me. When I click on download iTunes, it only downloads a dmg file that is 718 bytes. When I try to open the dmg file, it is not a recognized file format.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Nezmo

Click for full size

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to Nezmo

Had no problems here so far. 11.1 running and phone backed-up fine. Radio playing for last half hour.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to Styvas

said by Styvas:

I managed to get it from apple.com/itunes before it was pulled. I don't see the new Radio tab, however. It only shows the old radio genres and stations. Odd. Maybe that gets activated (or it's absence is the reason they pulled it)?

It's US only at this point.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
reply to Nezmo

Popped up on App Store update.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

Had no problems here so far. 11.1 running and phone backed-up fine. Radio playing for last half hour.

I don't see the radio tab either...only seeing "internet" tab at the end of my library tabs.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX

Click for full size

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

said by Styvas:

Oh of course.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON

I suppose the key is the Apple store into which one is logged, not the location of the iTunes installation.

Tinkster
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Rosedale, MD
reply to Nezmo

Just downloaded and listening to iRadio.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Nezmo

Still not seeing radio. I'm on 10.6...I wouldn't think it would be a OS-specific product.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX

said by BellBoy:

Still not seeing radio. I'm on 10.6...I wouldn't think it would be a OS-specific product.

Agreed. I'm on 10.8.5.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to Nezmo

It shows up for me in App Store / Updates.

Starts to update and I get this: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)"
--
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by RogueMonk:

It shows up for me in App Store / Updates.

Starts to update and I get this: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)(102)"

Same here. I'm on 10.8.5
--
| map your city |

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON

Likely just busy server.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
reply to BellBoy

Huh, mine came up in radio and worked perfectly right off the bat. 10.8.5.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to Styvas

said by Styvas:

said by Riamen:

said by Styvas:

Oh of course.

Updated to new iTunes about 45 mins ago, ipad it loading ios7 right now...

Slow, but seems OK so far...

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to BellBoy

said by BellBoy:

HOT OFF THE PRESSES!

Well I thought wrong. Directly from Apple support...iTunes Radio REQUIRES at least 10.7 to work!

There is NOTHING on the site that reflects this and I had to get to tier 2 support to get this result--and even they had to do some digging to find this out.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

Radio playing for last half hour.

Really? Looks like they broke the radio part. There doesn't appear to be any way to get to the hundreds of news radio stations I used to be able to get to. Only music? Can't get NPR any more?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Nezmo

Listening to Indy Rock right now. Nice mix.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to TamaraB

said by TamaraB:

said by Nezmo:

Radio playing for last half hour.

Really? Looks like they broke the radio part. There doesn't appear to be any way to get to the hundreds of news radio stations I used to be able to get to. Only music? Can't get NPR any more?

Are you confusing the old Internet Radio deal with the new Radio that shows up with 11.1? 11.1 Radio continues to work fine for me. I don't use the old Internet Radio links.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

said by Nezmo:

Are you confusing the old Internet Radio deal with the new Radio that shows up with 11.1? 11.1 Radio continues to work fine for me. I don't use the old Internet Radio links.

I guess. I use the "Internet" Radio which has far more radio stations than the new "Radio". The upgrade turned off the Internet Radio. When I turned Internet Radio on again iTunes could not connect to the "Radio index server". Perhaps the new Radio option has the index server all maxed out.

--
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people"

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
reply to Nezmo

It is "Teh Snappy™"

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to TamaraB

said by TamaraB:

I guess. I use the "Internet" Radio which has far more radio stations than the new "Radio". The upgrade turned off the Internet Radio. When I turned Internet Radio on again iTunes could not connect to the "Radio index server". Perhaps the new Radio option has the index server all maxed out.

"iTunes Radio" is completely different than the old "Radio" tab in iTunes. The old list was just an aggregate of many popular and unpopular free, linear internet radio streams that you could find anywhere with a simple google search. If you search google for the stations you previously listed to, you should be able to find the m3u file that points to the station's stream and open that in iTunes.

"iTunes Radio" can have an unlimited (at least, I don't think there's a limit) number of "stations" that you create yourself. Could be a genre, band, etc. Apple's servers will then pick songs it thinks you like based on your preference and the style of the current "station". These are not linear channels, they are generated on the fly specifically for you. »www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-radio/

I wouldn't be surprised if the "internet radio" list in iTunes was discontinued.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!