Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff

Re: [SU] iTunes 11.1 is available on apple.com

said by Thinkdiff:

"iTunes Radio" is completely different than the old "Radio" tab in iTunes. ...
[...]
"iTunes Radio" can have an unlimited (at least, I don't think there's a limit) number of "stations" that you create yourself. Could be a genre, band, etc. Apple's servers will then pick songs it thinks you like based on your preference and the style of the current "station". These are not linear channels, they are generated on the fly specifically for you. »www.apple.com/itunes/itu ··· s-radio/

Oh, so, it's an enhanced Pandora clone in iTunes? Totally different from what their Internet Radio used to be. I get it.

Thanks.
DaveRb
join:2005-02-12
Allen, TX

DaveRb to Nezmo

to Nezmo
Clicked on software upgrade and downloaded 11.1. Everything works but when I go into Disk Utility and run Verify Disk Permissions on the First Aid tab I get the following, then ran Repair Disk Permissions which it said it did but when I run Verify again I get them same output:
Verifying permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AACEncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AskUser.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AskUserWide.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AutofillSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/BurnSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/CDInfo.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/ConvertID3.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/EQPresets.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/ErrorReportDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/FormatPopup.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/HomeSharingServerSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/ImportSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogArtworkView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogInfoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogLyricsView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleInfoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleItem.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleOptionsView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleSortingView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleVideoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogOptionsView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogSingleItem.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogSortingView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogSummaryView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoDialogVideoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MP3EncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/OrganizeLibraryOptions.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PCMEncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PodcastSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogAdvancedView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogAppleTVView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogDevicesView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogGeneralView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogMessageView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogParentalView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogPlaybackView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogSharingView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PrefsDialogStoreView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Printing.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/ProgressDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PromptForLongString.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PromptForPassword.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/PromptForShortString.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Report.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SelectString.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SelectStringWide.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SmartPlaylistEditor.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/StoreAuthDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/UniversalAccess.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/AACEncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/AskUser.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/AskUserWide.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/AutofillSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/BurnSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/CDInfo.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/ConvertID3.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/EQPresets.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/ErrorReportDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/FormatPopup.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/HomeSharingServerSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/ImportSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogArtworkView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogInfoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogLyricsView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleInfoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleItem.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleOptionsView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleSortingView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogMultipleVideoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogOptionsView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogSingleItem.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogSortingView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogSummaryView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/InfoDialogVideoView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/MP3EncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/MainMenu.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/OrganizeLibraryOptions.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PCMEncoderConfig.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PodcastSettings.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogAdvancedView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogAppleTVView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogDevicesView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogGeneralView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogMessageView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogParentalView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogPlaybackView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogSharingView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PrefsDialogStoreView.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/Printing.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/ProgressDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PromptForLongString.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PromptForPassword.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/PromptForShortString.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/Report.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/SelectString.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/SelectStringWide.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/SmartPlaylistEditor.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/StoreAuthDialog.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/en_GB.lproj/UniversalAccess.nib”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Permissions verification complete

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

I wouldn't be surprised if the "internet radio" list in iTunes was discontinued.

And if that's the case, I can highly recommend »tunein.com and their iOS apps.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
Interestingly, on the Apple TV it is it's own icon and I use it all the time there.

On the computer I won't miss it as long as the streaming links still work. They made it impossible to find stations%u2014the search didn't work.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

2 edits

GuruGuy to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
11.1 is not showing on Apple.com

This is what I see: iTunes 11.0.5 for Windows (64-bit)

iTunes is sayings 11.1 is available and when I click the download button it opens up the apple software installer but there is not iTunes download showing in there.

How long has apple had to prepare for today and it looks like big time failure again.

Looking more and more like Microsoft.....

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
I just got this.

Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
I was unable to update iTunes too, it just gave me an error or said I was up to date.

I ended up going to www.apple.com/itunes and manually downloaded and installed iTunes. The download was fast and installed with no problems.

Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
Software update says my apps are up to date, but iTunes is still 11.05

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

2 edits

GuruGuy to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
said by Riamen:

I was unable to update iTunes too, it just gave me an error or said I was up to date.

I ended up going to www.apple.com/itunes and manually downloaded and installed iTunes. The download was fast and installed with no problems.

See my post above. I looked at apple.com less than thirty minutes ago and 11.1 is not on their website. Just checked again and it still says 11.0.5

Not 11.1
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen

Premium Member

The new version is 11.1 and it's there when I last checked.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by Riamen:

The new version is 11.1 and it's there when I last checked.

Just checked again and now 11.1 is showing for Windows. Attempting to download it.....says 5 minutes and I'm on fast connection.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Nezmo

to Nezmo
You can't delete old podcasts. I would recommend against updating to 11.1.0.126.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

really? I have 11.1 (126) and went to the oldest this american life podcast and deleted it, it asked if I wanted to trash the underlying file as per normal and did so.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
I thought iTunes radio was supposed to be available on the Apple TV. I checked my Apple TV and I don't see any iTunes Radio button. I'm a 2nd gen Apple TV. Doesn't seem to be any update to the Apple TV.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to justin

to justin
Personally, I'm using iTunes v11.1.0.126 loaded on XP, which I use solely for iPhone syncing. The issue doesn't seem to be limited to just Windows iTunes users.

»discussions.apple.com/me ··· 23011959

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
I can at least hear entire songs before I purchase them (on the Radio). This is a good thing. Major kudo's from the AppleGuy See Profile!

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
I'm more confused now than I was earlier. On my work PC, iTunes 11.1 does not show iTunes Radio (still has the old radio list). On my iMac at home I am getting the new Radio in iTunes 11.1, and on my iPhone 4 it does not show up. If it was something about being outside the U.S. (or not logged into a U.S. iTunes Store account) I could understand it. But it shows up on my one machine (iMac) so that can't be it.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by Styvas:

I'm more confused now than I was earlier. On my work PC, iTunes 11.1 does not show iTunes Radio (still has the old radio list). On my iMac at home I am getting the new Radio in iTunes 11.1, and on my iPhone 4 it does not show up. If it was something about being outside the U.S. (or not logged into a U.S. iTunes Store account) I could understand it. But it shows up on my one machine (iMac) so that can't be it.

Are you looking in the Music app on your iPhone? It's not in the iTunes app on devices.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
said by Styvas:

I think your iMac goofed. According to: »techcrunch.com/2013/09/1 ··· -and-pc/

[...]Also remember that iTunes Radio is for U.S. iTunes account holders only for now, with no word on when international users will gain access just yet.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

I think your iMac goofed. According to: »techcrunch.com/2013/09/1 ··· -and-pc/

[...]Also remember that iTunes Radio is for U.S. iTunes account holders only for now, with no word on when international users will gain access just yet.

Could be. I do have a DNS redirect for Netflix use, but it shouldn't impact my Itunes. I'm not permanently in the U.S. via that DNS service. It's a selective functionality.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

And if you turn off the DNS redirect? What happens?

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

I haven't tried, and as long as I'm getting Radio, I'd rather not play with it. No guarantee it'll come back!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Do you have a US iTunes account? If so, are your other machines/devices logged into that account? Is your Mac?

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

I do have one, but I'm logged into the Canadian one.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to TamaraB

Premium Member

to TamaraB
said by TamaraB:

said by Nezmo:

Radio playing for last half hour.

Really? Looks like they broke the radio part. There doesn't appear to be any way to get to the hundreds of news radio stations I used to be able to get to. Only music? Can't get NPR any more?

The original Internet radio streams are still in my version of iTunes v11.1 -- on Windows at any rate. I clicked on the Internet "tab" -- the first time I tried to expand a category I got an error but after that, it worked fine, I'm listening to some random dance/electronic streaming station (»abaclub.playtheradio.com) but I see NPR Program Stream listed in the "News/Talk Radio (516 streams)" category as well...

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

a bit of an oh crap moment for pandora etc.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
·Verizon FiOS
Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB

Premium Member

said by justin:

a bit of an oh crap moment for pandora etc.

It would appear to be. iTunes radio seems to be a step ahead of Pandora in it's ability to narrow down the music presented. Also, with iTunes I can pump music to all 4 of my AirPlay speakers, something lacking with Pandora (A big lacking). I don't know about their library, but so far it seems quite complete.
TamaraB

TamaraB to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

The original Internet radio streams are still in my version of iTunes v11.1 -- on Windows at any rate. I clicked on the Internet "tab" -- the first time I tried to expand a category I got an error but after that, it worked fine

Yes. What happened on my Mac is the "Internet" tab got replaced with "Radio". They turned the Internet option off by default. I turned it back on in Preferences. All the streams are indeed still there.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to TamaraB

Premium Member

to TamaraB
I agree. I was skeptical about iTunes Radio especially with the Maps debacle. But I've been using it and it does seem better than Pandora for the reasons you mention.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

Styvas to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
iTunes Radio just showed up on my iPhone while logged into my Canadian account. Any other Canucks see it now?