Search similar:

uniqs

lulcatz
@rogers.com

lulcatz

Anon

Is this a 7330 or a Stinger remote?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to get TekSavvy's VDSL internet in the next two months or so, but I have a few questions:

#1 - Is this a 7330 or a Stinger remote?

#2 - Would the Zyxel work on a Stinger remote?

#3 - Bell wouldn't kick me off their network if I used the Zyxel modem, right? I'm also worried about having that issue. I do NOT want to get the Sagemcom (piece of garbage) modem.
grafix9
join:2006-03-11
Montreal, QC

grafix9

to point 1: The photo is not so sharp, but as a guess I'd say Stinger. Looks like the hardware in the alley near my apartment, and I know I'm connected there because I went with the technician to watch what he did --and he told me I was on a Stinger.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to lulcatz

Premium Member

to lulcatz
That's just an OPI, it's just a cross connect point for the Bell network.

Take a look at »Re: Toronto/GTA 7330/Stinger Remote Cataloging Project to see how to identify the type of remote.

lulcatz
@rogers.com

lulcatz

Anon

thanks guys for replying.

@JCohen - Darn. I don't know where the stinger/7330 box is located in my area. Sometimes I see a Bell van beside the box, doing something.

I'm curious because I wanted to get the Zyxel modem rather than the Sagemcom modem (which is a garbage modem).

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

A Bell van near an OPI is a common thing as it's cross connect between the feeder and distribution networks so techs are at them often. If you don't see Stinger or a 7330 near the box than the DSL equipment is going to be based in the central office.

As for the modem any speed tier over and including 15/1 is installed with a Sagemcom.