Search similar:

uniqs

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

PS4 will allow the ability to capture game video over HDMI!

During Sony’s Tokyo Game Show keynote it was revealed that the PlayStation 4 will allow the ability to capture game video over HDMI, thus ending the week long panic and complaining from the gaming media.

Polygon confirmed with Sony’s Brad Douglas, Head of Third Party relations at Sony, after he tweeted “we’re going to allow video capture of games over HDMI!” There wasn’t much detail to go along with this announcement, but more information on the matter is promised to come.

If you are unfamiliar with why this was important it is because the PS3 blocked video capture over HDMI using HDCP. Although there were ways around this it made capturing video from the PS3 a hassle.

»www.psnation.org/2013/09 ··· er-hdmi/

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

Why do you want to capture video of yourself playing a video game? Why is that important?

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

Important is of course subjective, but go to YouTube and search for "Let's Play". I suspect the results shall be answer enough.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to Silvanos

Premium Member

to Silvanos
said by Silvanos:

Why do you want to capture video of yourself playing a video game? Why is that important?

I thought the exact same thing. Till the suggestion of youtubing "lets play" came up. ...now I understand. I was thinking you actually record yourself playing the game, from the console's camera. which would be super stupid.

Even though it's cool, I still don't ever see myself using this feature. I can't think of any reason I would so.

The_ANoN
@charter.com

The_ANoN

Anon

said by onebadmofo:

I thought the exact same thing. Till the suggestion of youtubing "lets play" came up. ...now I understand. I was thinking you actually record yourself playing the game, from the console's camera. which would be super stupid.

Even though it's cool, I still don't ever see myself using this feature. I can't think of any reason I would so.

Well recording a Lets Play session is one, recording an awesome moment in a game that you might want others to see, or recording a clip to help others who are stuck on a certain part of a game.. Thats just a few things.. I probably wont use it too much myself, but yeah its still a cool feature..

banditws6
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

Agreed. Although with any luck, the PS4's built-in ability to share game clips should handle some cases where you want to post a tutorial or share a memorable moment, without the need for extra equipment.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
You'd have to use it all the time though to make sure the memorable moment is captured.

The idea of recording to help someone whos stuck though..yeah I can see that as being pretty useful.

banditws6
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

said by onebadmofo:

You'd have to use it all the time though to make sure the memorable moment is captured.

I'm not certain, but I think it works like that -- keeping a rolling history of the last 15 minutes of gameplay like a DVR buffer.

I think the Xbox One does this too, but it only keeps the last 5 minutes.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm
It would also allow things like live streaming - which is basically let's play without the editing. Which could be even more handy if you're helping a friend through a difficult part - not by them watching a video, but you watching their stream and guiding them via voice chat.