spc
Search similar:

uniqs
espgodson
join:2012-02-12
Batesville, AR

espgodson

107/5 package & sdl business question

what areas are the 107/5 speeds available in?

also can anyone sign up for sdl business internet? i'm trying to find a way to get >3mb upload in my area or i'll end up having to just move lol

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

From what I've seen, if you have the 50 meg package in your area, you don't get the 107, and vice versa. (This may have changed, just from personal experience) I don't know of any kinda of list that has where you can get 107, but you can check the fyi website (linked off SL.net homepage at the top) and possibly scan through all the stories. They usually post on there when they open up a new 107 area.

As to the business internet, you have to call in and talk to a salesman for it. I *believe* anyone in a SL service area can get it, but if there's no build out for a speed you want (fiber possibly), you may be up to foot the install bill. Business class is also a magnitude more expensive.
TurboNerd
join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM

TurboNerd to espgodson

to espgodson
Moldys right
I will just add that here in our market you can turn any residential modem into a business class (no data cap, GUARANTTEED speed)

But at the same speeds offered for residential.

Ie if 3 is the max you can get, that is the max business you can get but your guaranteed nothing less than 3 whereas residential customers can see theirs go down to 33% speed before they call it a service "ISSUE" experienced that when my channel got oversold.
Never truly fixed the issue but SDLL3Tech got us set up with a suddenlink supplied D3 modem the call center/field techs tried to get us to buy ourselves since we don't have a D3 plan.

Again that is just our market but I know of others that work that way too.
espgodson
join:2012-02-12
Batesville, AR

espgodson to moldypickle

to moldypickle
So I checked my area I have 50/3 package but theyre now only showing 15 and 30 on their website because I was considering adding another line for just gaming. Anyone know of why a package would just disappear lol

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

The website is mainly for promotional use. It doesn't show all available packages
blaine
join:2003-11-25
Abilene, TX

blaine to espgodson

to espgodson
I'm waiting on Abilene to get the package. I have the 50meg package now.
blaine

blaine

Come on SL, show Abilene some 107 love. We were supposed to get it this past February.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle

Premium Member

My previous statement may have been wrong. Called in today with a few questions, one being if 107 had made it to my area yet. Apparently it has, even though the highest advertised speed is 50 megs, so we have both. The thing that REALLY got me was it would cost half again as much as my entire bill to upgrade (additional $50/month), there is now also and upgrade service fee for having them up my package on their computers ($40), and they required a service tech to come to my house to install the 107 speed, check to see if I actually was getting 107, and to check all surrounding neighbors houses for proper speed (another $40 for the truck roll). I was left mostly speechless >.>
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

And for all that they STILL cap you. What a deal...

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro

moldypickle

Premium Member

With these new fees they added to the back of my bill this month, I'm suddenly feeling a lot less value from SL. How can anyone justify charging $40 for a level 1 phone rep to punch in a new profile.... And sending a tech to the house to "check the speed after install"..... I've had level 1 phone reps again do this from their computer. Can't even downgrade service anymore as they added a $20 fee for that >.>