All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JimTrail
join:2009-11-21
Knoxville, TN

JimTrail

Does AT&T delete/remove sub-account e-mail addresses?

Hello DSL Reports forum!

Problem: An AT&T e-mail address for a sub-account disappeared. My AT&T control panel won't let me re-register it.

Question: Does AT&T have rules governing throw away or temporary e-mail addresses?

I registered an e-mail address to use for registering for things like comments on news web sites and forums.

I intended for it to be temporary. Once I started getting sent unwanted advertisements I planned to delete the e-mail address and start with a new one.

The e-mail address was riverboat.gambler@att.net

I had the e-mail set so that it would forward the mail to my primary address. Just the other day I registered for a forum. The confirmation e-mail did not arrive. I looked in my AT&T account and the riverboat.gambler@att.net e-mail account was GONE!

Did what I described above violate some of AT&T's rules? Is there any way I can recover the e-mail address?

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks.

whamel
Premium Member
join:2002-05-09
Evergreen Park, IL

whamel

Premium Member

I would ask this in the AT&T Direct Forum, the AT&T techs would be able to tell you, I think....
»AT&T Direct

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

1 recommendation

StillLearn to JimTrail

Premium Member

to JimTrail
From what I understand, that address is gone. It would be nice if we could get actions that make sense, such as what you are asking for, from Yahoo.

What I suggest is that you read up on the temporary email addresses. I would associate them with an email address you never use for anything except checking email. The form of the temporary addresses would be somename-vvvv@yahoo.com. you can create and delete and re-create them readily, and the emails all come into the one associated address that you set up. You can have hundreds.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to JimTrail

MVM

to JimTrail
said by JimTrail:

Did what I described above violate some of AT&T's rules? Is there any way I can recover the e-mail address?

I don't know. However, StillLearn See Profile is right. Log in to the web interface of any of your current accounts, and then click on "Mail Options" on the tools (gear icon) menu. Select, "Disposable Addresses", and set one up. If you are doing this for the first time, you will be asked to create a "base name".

You can create up to 500 disposable addresses in this fashion, for each account; they are aliases to the account you are logged in to.

Yahoo! Disposable Addresses.
JimTrail
join:2009-11-21
Knoxville, TN

JimTrail

Wow. I didn't realize that. That's how I will make my disposable e-mail addresses from now on.

Thanks everyone for responding.