Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dnvrdave
Premium
join:2001-08-06
Out There

Logon issues

Yesterday I clicked an embedded video clip in one of the forums and shortly thereafter when trying to logon I get a message about unusual activity from my ip address and am denied access. I sent an email to root@dslreports.com as instructed by the message but still cannot logon when I use my router.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
can you send me your IP address (the one with a problem) via site instant message?

dnvrdave
Premium
join:2001-08-06
Out There
Once again Thank You.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Reviews:
·iiNet
sorry I can't be more help.
I think I have virtualbox setup here with windows 7 and IE10 64bit, I'll make sure login works ok with it, at least.

Regarding /cookies tesdt page:

you do have to click the link to "set a randomly named cookie" and then verify the next page says something like

"Your browser was sent a Set-Cookie line that should have created cookie r57369b with random value.
Success: we see cookie r57369b in this new page request!"

because that tests the cookie round trip.

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Reviews:
·iiNet
reply to dnvrdave
well for what it is worth, using VirtualBox and the Windows 7 64bit IE10 test image, I can login both session only, and permanently.

Unfortunately I don't have space right now for the IE9 virtual image but I have no idea why it would be broken since IE6, IE8, IE10, Chrome Safari and Firefox don't show any issues.