spc
uniqs
vengance01
join:2009-03-06
Encino, CA

1 edit

vengance01 to morbo

to morbo

Re: faster Uverse speeds (Project VIP) coming soon?

Anyone seeing faster speeds on there 24/3 connection. Before I was barely able to pull in 23 to 23.5. Now I am seeing a consistent 25.5 down and 2.90 up. I am in SoCal

Ignore my low Noise Margin. I use Power line adapters due to the crappy wiresless and it dips my Noise Margin from 13.2 to 12.8-12.5

doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

said by vengance01:

Anyone seeing faster speeds on there 24/3 connection

Hmm, I'm getting 25.38 down and 2.87 up. I've never managed to get over 23 down and 2.5 up before.
vengance01
join:2009-03-06
Encino, CA

vengance01

I wonder if this is ATT's free boost for Turbo users. Glad its not only me I will gladly take the free small bump.
doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

Dunno. However, I just checked my other 24/3 line and it's pulling down at 24.98. I've never seen either of my lines getting over ~23 down and ~2.5 up before. The upload is what I really care about so I'm thrilled to see both lines getting closer to 3 up now.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

3 edits

motorola870 to vengance01

to vengance01
hmm what I find interesting is your Calc Raw Line Rate is higher than the max rate? Okay here is what my uncle had for a snapshot today I am curious is the max rate supposed to be lower than the Calc Raw Line Rate? so if per say my uncle was provisioned for 50Mbps could he get it on single pair with that? I see a Calc Raw Line Rate of 50Mbps on that line and a Max of 47Mbps so does that mean that that my uncle could get close to 60Mbps downstream after FEC overhead if all bits were used? As you can see the line capacity is only at 56% I wonder if At&t could do a 45/6 test on his line and it pass?
doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by motorola870:

hmm what I find interesting is your Calc Raw Line Rate is higher than the max rate?

On one of my lines, the "Calc Raw Line Rate" is higher and on the other it isn't.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

hmm maybe they are going to push a 40/5 profile for single pairs maybe this is the rumored 30 down upgrade?
doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

Hmm, take a look at my two screenshots. The raw line rate is identical for both lines. That's a bit odd.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870 to doubleohwhat

to doubleohwhat
Click for full size
said by doubleohwhat:

said by motorola870:

hmm what I find interesting is your Calc Raw Line Rate is higher than the max rate?

On one of my lines, the "Calc Raw Line Rate" is higher and on the other it isn't.

okay looks like you have a new firmware verison for the 3801HGV than this snapshot I took a few weeks ago on my grandmothers line which had the dreaded 19/2 profile that I got at&t to bump to 25/2

hmm I wonder if they could get my grandmothers line to 32/5 with conditioning? I think there is a bridge tap somewhere?
doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

said by motorola870:

okay looks like you have a new firmware verison for the 3801HGV

I would imagine it has auto-updated by now. Mine pulled down the new firmware well over a month ago.
said by motorola870:

hmm I wonder if they could get my grandmothers line to 32/5 with conditioning?

Never hurts to look into it. I wouldn't expect miracles if the lines in the area are ancient though. Everything here is brand spanking new(VRAD, pedestal, all lines, etc) and the tech still had to spend a couple of hours trying to get a clean pair for my second line.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870

tried already all they would commit to was the upping from 19/2 to 25/2 and her line was replaced earlier this year and they gave her the 3801HGV when they did that as her line was trash as every time it would storm it would go and it would tile a lot as well. I think something is wrong somewhere if she is getting 33Mbps down and 2 MBps up after FEC not to mention only 1700ft from VRAD on a single pair so I think there is noise on the line or a bridge tap is messing with the line but also I noticed two upstreams in use 0 and 1 what the heck is that about? she has a sliver on the page with the green and gold bit loading graph to the left of the 1st downstream in use for upstream I am wondering if Uverse in her area is not capable of 32/5Mbps? I have only seen upstream 0 used in this instance and not any other one so far. Edit: okay why would my grand mother have upstream 0 and upstream 1 if she is not on an INID install? unless At&t is trying to push Uverse farther out where she is at and maybe the VRAD is configured wrong? I know she has VDSL2 over a single so that isn't an issue but why use upstream 0 when you have 1 in use?
said by doubleohwhat:

said by motorola870:

okay looks like you have a new firmware verison for the 3801HGV

I would imagine it has auto-updated by now. Mine pulled down the new firmware well over a month ago.
said by motorola870:

hmm I wonder if they could get my grandmothers line to 32/5 with conditioning?

Never hurts to look into it. I wouldn't expect miracles if the lines in the area are ancient though. Everything here is brand spanking new(VRAD, pedestal, all lines, etc) and the tech still had to spend a couple of hours trying to get a clean pair for my second line.

doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

If you haven't already, I'd post in the Direct forum and see what David and crew can do for you as far as getting the line looked at by a knowledgeable tech.

I've never really had an issue getting a tech out to take a look at a line. However, I'm also paying the business price for two 24/3 lines. So that may factor into their willingness to roll a truck. Dunno.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

I really don't want a truck roll because my grandmother will gripe she is in her late 70s pushing 80. I am curious as to why it is like that though she has better service now I am just going to have to sit it out and wait for 17a to roll out unless Uverse requires a swapout of all gateways for newer ones and does pair bonding on all lines.

I got her to at least 4 streams though her TV profile was all messed up:
0SD/3HD WAN
0SD/3HD Ingress
0SD/3HD Egress

all on the 19/2 tier which must be new and now she has 1SD/3HD ingress and more breathing room for internet and TV to coexist.
said by doubleohwhat:

If you haven't already, I'd post in the Direct forum and see what David and crew can do for you as far as getting the line looked at by a knowledgeable tech.

I've never really had an issue getting a tech out to take a look at a line. However, I'm also paying the business price for two 24/3 lines. So that may factor into their willingness to roll a truck. Dunno.

doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

Sounds about like my aunt. She technically should be able to get on the 32/5 profile but she's getting up there in age and what she has now (25/2) works well enough for her needs. She's rarely on the internet while watching TV anyway. So I just decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

yeah my grandmother doesn't have an HDTV but being on the wrong profile is not good because I think she has the 10Mbps internet tier and still even though see only has SD before she could only stream 3 SD channels as the profile was only showing 3 streams and here is the thing most people don't know this but every Uverse subscriber has HD access just not full HD access there is some info channel that At&t has that is authorized for all accounts even if you don't have HD I think it is the Buzz channel or ATTention channel?
said by doubleohwhat:

Sounds about like my aunt. She technically should be able to get on the 32/5 profile but she's getting up there in age and what she has now (25/2) works well enough for her needs. She's rarely on the internet while watching TV anyway. So I just decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

doubleohwhat
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

I'm clueless when it comes to U-verse TV. I'm a satellite guy. Satellite is far from perfect but it works just fine after a tornado knocks down lines.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to motorola870

to motorola870
Moto870, I doubt that line would ever be able to support 32/5, unless there are some major issues that were missed. It is well short of the minimum necessary.