Search similar:

uniqs

BigBearsFan
join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan to corgi11

to corgi11

Re: [X2] X2 Really is Live

The same thing is going on here in downstate Il. The times show as Eastern but the box still records shows that are scheduled (so far).I have enjoyed trying it out , we have 2 boxes and still have one on X1.Did notice the Headlines on the dashboard.It was easy to setup.Does your box at the bottom of the screen block the message when you use the d button to delete?
Also really like the artwork for the recorded programs .

cldlhd
@comcast.net

cldlhd to ShawnD

Anon

to ShawnD

Re: [X1] X2 Really is Live

Hold the exit button until "live" pops on the screen then hit 9292,I'm back in x1 til the bugs are fixed , every time i leave apps the screen stays stuck in the corner and the guide doesn't indicate if a show is new or a repeat, instead of the pop ups on the x1 guide,which blocks other channel listings, each show on the guide should just have a little "new " or "repeat" next to each listing.
cldlhd

cldlhd to ShawnD

Anon

to ShawnD
Hold the exit button until "live" pops on the screen then hit 9292,I'm back in x1 til the bugs are fixed , every time i leave apps the screen stays stuck in the corner and the guide doesn't indicate if a show is new or a repeat, instead of the pop ups on the x1 guide,which blocks other channel listings, each show on the guide should just have a little "new " or "repeat" next to each listing.
theisonews
join:2013-09-19
Miami, FL

2 recommendations

theisonews to cldlhd

to cldlhd
to get the picture back in working order, go to full screen guide and press the Blue B button. u will notice the window move to full screen to the corner and back if u press it again. then exit the guide and it will be fixed.

falcor
@comcast.net

falcor

Anon

I switched back to X1...which seems to be faster since I have last used it over a week or two by now

After using "X2" for a while than going back to X1 it was kind of a warm welcome...X2 just seems to dark and bleak and it was nice change going back to the bright colorful guide of X1

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

1 edit

dolphins to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt

Switched to the X2 interface a few days ago. I noticed a few glitches right off that have already been mentioned. However, about an hour ago, the guide screen started scrolling on its own and would not respond to the remote commands. Before I was able to get up and hit the power button it stopped and I regained the remote controls.

EDIT: Living room DVR just froze up on me again so I had to power off. When I turned it back on, it reverted back to X1 interface, I lost access to my saved programs and it will not accept the commands for the X2 interface anymore.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

New XRE Build is Disabling X2

So, in my home right now -

DVR is still on XRE Server Build 4816 - and I can still get X2 - won't update to 4827 even with a restart

1 HD box updated automatically to XRE Server Build 4827 (which others mentioned recently seeing) and I no longer can access X2.

Other HD box still on 4816 - won't update to 4827 even w/ a restart - still on X2.

So, it seems this new XRE Server build is disabling the ability to swap to X2 - but it's apparently getting assigned to STB's on a staggered basis. This is strange, b/c previously in the past a Server build update would go out to all STB's at the same time.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

It's a shame that this latest Build 4827 software currently being distributed may be removing the access to this X2 UI preview capability, just as it's getting a bit of press today:

DSLR News: »Comcast Users Can Get a Sneak Peek at New X2 Set Top Right Now [10] comments

Comcast’s Inadvertent ‘X2’ Preview
Leaked Remote Control Code Sequence Gives X1 Users a Brief, Early Taste Of Upgraded Cloud-Based Platform

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - October 2, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· w/145834

EDIT: Also an article on this on the Light Reading site now: »www.lightreading.com/doc ··· ng_gnews

Could Comcast just have changed the access code/method for the X2 UI preview?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Uh-oh. I'm famous!

Telco-
More than likely that's probably the case. I'm sure they don't want us in there playing around and taking pictures this early.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

So far only my “Living Room” DVR has been updated. I can no longer access the X2 interface.

Release: XRE.32P4
Server: 1.32.04 (4827)

My other two DVRs Have not been affected yet.

Release: XRE.31P10
Server: 1.31.10 (4816)

Most likely because of the miscommunication at Comcast, they don't know about the other two X1 DVRs. According to my last billing statement I only have two DVRs and only 1 of them is on the X1 platform. Finally, the incompetence at Comcast is working in my favor.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

"Made With Love"

Something I noticed on my HD box with the new 4827 server build - when you hit the About tab - there's now a little picture in the upper right that says "Made With Love in Philadelphia" - using the LOVE statue as the font.

I started cracking up - nice local touch!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

Re: "Made With Love"

I guess what they say is true, "Love is blind" and stupid too.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt

Had the X2 here in denver for about 10 mins and my box reset it self with the new build and rebooting now ! i guess i lost it ! It was cool but it did get stuck on a gray screen till i hit 9292 ! oh well !
MTBikerChris

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Click for full size
New Update ?
Click for full size
New Saved screen !
well I guess i still have it !! Took a few screen shots !

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
My parents have an older DVR, a non-Tivo unit. What do they need to do to get X2? They are a current Triple play customer.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

first they need X1 but i bet this code will be gone soon , Lets hop they roll this out soon !
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody to dolphins

to dolphins

Re: New XRE Build is Disabling X2

What STB Software do you have. Sounds like it may be the Server Software changing some things.

Here we have:
Release: XRE.31P10
Server: 1.31.10 (4816)

And PX001AN_1.3s6_PRODsd for STB
bgoodbody

bgoodbody to MTBikerChris

to MTBikerChris

That is what we have here the STP stuff was delivered recently
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

what does STP stuff mean
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody

The stuff for STB is the software for the Set Top Box, what I put what the software name.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

ok

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
Erie, CO

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Any one know how to get it off my bedroom box , This is not the main box ! i tried Exit and 9292 and no luck !
jammer8
join:2013-10-03
Elkton, MD

1 recommendation

jammer8 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Has anyone attempted to go into the Diagnostic Mode of the box? I figure there could be some useful information in there.
Using the Diag Mode I see there are 5 tuners but only 4 locked onto a frequency.
I can see the CM status as well as the boot file and also the apps and versions their using. I haven't updated mine to the X2 format maybe i can post some screen shots of my box as opposed to someone using the X2 code.

I did not post how to get into the diagnostic mode as i don't want to break any forum rules and don't want comcast to get upset with me in case people end up messing up their boxes causing truck rolls.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Jammer-
Welcome to the X1 family! LOL.

No worries - the diagnostics menu is known on this forum. There is a lot of cool information in there.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

2 edits

1 recommendation

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

Found Bugs and Features Missing in X2 Guide continued!

15. Deleted recordings sometimes keep coming back in the deleted folder.

16. For series recorded shows I would like an option to display oldest ones "first" left to right instead of having the newest recorded show "first" left to right.

17. When watcing TV sometimes you can get stuck in one of the X2 menus like the "guide" for example because the "Exit" button will not return your show to full screen.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
NASDAQ posted an article about the x2
Which the title is
Comcast Pursuing X2 Service - Analyst Blog
The URL is »www.nasdaq.com/article/c ··· cm282862

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Ack - the grammar in that article is atrocious.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

what article are you referring to
jammer8
join:2013-10-03
Elkton, MD

jammer8 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Good deal, wasn't sure and didn't want to bring any negative attention to myself.

To me the X2 interface seems a bit sluggish compared to X1 on the same box. They really need to add an option to advance a day at a time using the guide. Also they do have the content in the guide listed in color codes. I think green is for sports and purple may be for movies but this is gone in the X2 interface.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

X2 is Dead

Well,
Overnight my DVR and other HD box finally updated to Build 4827, and the X2 "backdoor" is officially gone in my home.

For now it's okay - the other half was really getting frustrated with the current bugs (that Gate outlined). It's obvious they still need a few more months to get X2 where it needs to be more than a beta.

It was fun while it lasted. If they truly are looking at the Olympics for the "big test", I'd say 4 more months of development should get them where they need to be.