uniqs
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: telephone pole steps proper name

Most likely because someone with the IQ of a goat climbed up a pole to connect "free" cable TV and found out what happens when you get too close to a 13.8 kV neighborhood power line.

We have to protect idiots.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by HarryH3:

Most likely because someone with the IQ of a goat climbed up a pole to connect "free" cable TV

Your defaming the intelligence of goats ... Its just natural selection at work
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3

Premium Member

said by guppy_fish:

Its just natural selection at work

Yes, and the gov't is determined to prevent natural selection, which is screwing things up even more.

beerbum
Premium Member
join:2000-05-06
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum

Premium Member

when did this ban on putting pole steps on new poles go into effect?

wondering because it seems my local power company didn't get the memo.. I've seen new poles go up, some had the steps and some didn't..

besides, if someone goes up to tamper with cable or phone and gets electrocuted, something else is going on since under normal conditions, the power lines are at the very top of the pole, with phone and cable at about the middle, and in my 12 or so years working on telco & catv I have never seen pole steps that go beyond the height that telco lines are hung.

*shrug*

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by beerbum:

when did this ban on putting pole steps on new poles go into effect?

wondering because it seems my local power company didn't get the memo.. I've seen new poles go up, some had the steps and some didn't..

besides, if someone goes up to tamper with cable or phone and gets electrocuted, something else is going on since under normal conditions, the power lines are at the very top of the pole, with phone and cable at about the middle, and in my 12 or so years working on telco & catv I have never seen pole steps that go beyond the height that telco lines are hung.

*shrug*

yeah people forget that the power line wires are at the very top, I've seen people go nuts when it's very obvious that it's the phone co's wire that's sagging or that fell from the pole.
Expand your moderator at work