gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] X2 Really is Live

Also they improved the guide in X2 so you can now go a few days into the future and then if you change the channel in the guide it remains on that date and time instead of always going back to the current day and time

And it also feels much more smoother the X1 when moving around the interface

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Some other finds:

-Full guide view now only shows 5 channels at a time w/ info at the bottom instead of a full screen with pop up bubbles (which I know some people hated)
-Updated the DVR - the guide simply FLIES when changing tabs, etc.
-Gate - you are right - simply do the code again and it immediately goes back to the current X1 style (glad the family approves!!)
-Tried to use Pandora app on DVR - worked fine, but again froze up when trying to go back to Live TV

It's refreshing to see that App integration is really the only thing I'm finding wrong so far. The dark colors of the guide are really slick.

wolf
@comcast.net

wolf to gate1975mlm

Anon

to gate1975mlm
I also tried this, first on my satellite box - no issues. Then on my main DVR box. Also no issues at first, then suddenly the picture changed to just a window-boxed display where the main program only takes up about 1/2 of the screen. I wasn't able to get rid of it & expand the picture back to full size no matter what I did. So reverted back to the X1 for now on that box. Just checked the satellite box again & that's still running OK with the X2 version. I guess I'll play with the DVR settings again later.