join:2002-07-17
united state

TheGeeze to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: telephone pole steps proper name

said by Subaru:

said by TheGeeze:

Apparently they are simply called brackets. They are no longer permitted on new poles in the US.

Why is that? Explains why I don't see them anymore.

In the United States, such steps have been determined a public hazard and are no longer allowed on new poles.

beerbum
Premium Member
join:2000-05-06
behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum

Premium Member

said by TheGeeze:

In the United States, such steps have been determined a public hazard and are no longer allowed on new poles.

Might I suggest if you are going to quote Wikipedia verbatim, that you also include the [citation needed] reference.

Please, while I no longer have a dog in this hunt, I am curious and would like to know more about this. Do you have insight into this being the case..information that for whatever reason, other than a one line blurb on a Wikipedia page, cannot be found on the Internet..?

TheGeeze
Premium Member
united state

TheGeeze

Premium Member

said by beerbum:

said by TheGeeze:

Might I suggest if you are going to quote Wikipedia verbatim, that you also include the [citation needed] reference.

Please, while I no longer have a dog in this hunt, I am curious and would like to know more about this. Do you have insight into this being the case..information that for whatever reason, other than a one line blurb on a Wikipedia page, cannot be found on the Internet..?

Well, I never did have a dog in this hunt. I was just doing what the OP could have done himself, but didn't. Since this is not a dissertation, I didn't think citations were required.
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald to TheGeeze

to TheGeeze
Not so. OSHA specifies the diameter and width, but does not ban. 1910.268(h)(2)

TheGeeze
Premium Member
united state

TheGeeze

Premium Member

Ok. Google stands corrected.