All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Gerard1234
join:2012-04-03

Gerard1234 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [X1] X2 Really is Live

I had the same problem with the app not going back to full screen picture but now everything works apps go back to the full screen picture. I am still trying to figure out what I did but now it does not act up at all. So far can not get the apps to work on the other boxes.
Gerard1234

Gerard1234

Now all the boxes the apps work fine on the x2. Just went back to them after doing nothing and they all work. Now can not go back to the old x1 even after rebooting.
Gerard1234

Gerard1234

Just rebooted again and still remains on x2 and boots much faster now too.
Gerard1234

Gerard1234

Ok after looking at the code. To get the apps to work go to the main guide and press the blue button on the remote and when you see a small picture at the bottom of the screen the screen size will automatically change when using the apps and the guides this does not seem to be an error but an there is no indication on the screen for what the blue button is assigned. But I know for sure it allows the screen size to automatically change when using guide or apps.
Gerard1234

Gerard1234

Blue button is marked as letter B
Gerard1234

Gerard1234

Also if you are in the apps page pressing the blue button when you see the small screen it is also in auto screen size.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

So the blue button gives us the option to have back the little video preview in the guide

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Gerard-
EXCELLENT find! And yes - this now corrects the Apps bug! I can now go in and out of Apps without the picture freezing.

Gate-
Yep. I was curious that they would've taken away the preview screen when looking at the grid. Didn't seem right.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

The video preview does hide some of the program info on the bottom right side. But you can easily just click the blue button quickly to hide the preview window so you can read the whole program info. I just hope comcast keeps the option to turn the video preview on and off with the blue button going forward as it's a nice option to have.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Rough Night Last Night

Not sure if it was the X2, or others still using X1 style saw it, but it was a rough night last night watching TV.

Lots of bugs and issues watching recorded shows. I'd try to FF and it would end the program. I can tell the "cloud" still is getting bogged down during prime time hours. They really need to address that.