uniqs
johnpd
Premium Member
join:2003-11-20
Green Valley, AZ

johnpd

Premium Member

After updating to TB 24 cannot access Google Cal

I updated to TB 24.0 and it required Lightning 2.6. When I try to access my Google calendar, it keeps asking for my password. I enter it, but the dialog box keeps returning. What is going on? I have two other computers with v17 of TB and they are having no problem getting to the calendar. Can I return to the previous versions? If yes, where can I get them?

JohnD

amazingm
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
USA

amazingm

Premium Member

Your issue might be related to Google changing the Location URL to their calendar. Here's how to get it to work again with Thunderbird 24: »blog.mozilla.org/calenda ··· lendars/
johnpd
Premium Member
Green Valley, AZ

johnpd

Premium Member

Thanks for your reply. I use the XML location format to access the calendar. It starts with "https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/(e-mail address)/..." and does not have "dav" in it. This is the format specified for accessing my calendar when I go to my Google calendar in my browser. It seems that Lightning has been changed not to properly handle this. The blog indicates that anyone using Provider for Google Calendar will not be affected. I am confused on what to do here.

JohnD

amazingm
Premium Member
USA

amazingm

Premium Member

According to what I've read, updating Provider for Google Calendar to the latest version (0.25) fixes the multiple login prompt issue. What version do you have?
johnpd
Premium Member
Green Valley, AZ

johnpd

Premium Member

Thanks. Did that and now all is well. There was no indication that Provider needed to be updated.

JohnD

amazingm
Premium Member
USA

amazingm

Premium Member

You're welcome. I'm glad we were able to figure out what was causing the problem and it's now working as it should.