All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lanny25
join:2011-03-13

lanny25

[Help Me] DIR-615 Acting Strange

I had a DIR615 lying around unused for about 2 years. The hardware version is E4. Yesterday when I started it up it acted strange. Although it would start up normally and I could see the green power LED, the wireless LED and the Internet LED. But I was unable to access the internet on LAN. Also the password I had set for the Wifi 2 years ago appears to be invalid now. Also the router web interface is not accessible, it is accessible for 1 or 2 seconds after I start the router after which it disappears. I am also unable to ping the router at 192.168.0.1. I tried resetting the router using the reset button, only to find out that it was somehow broken. Is there any other way to reset it except the Reset button and the Web Interface.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Try using a different browser and disable any PC security while managing the router?

What version of FW is loaded and what region are you located?
lanny25

lanny25

I have tried using Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Have tried on 2 different computers with the antivirus and firewalls disabled, but still does not work. F/W version is 5.10. I am located in India.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to lanny25

to lanny25
Could try reloading FW close using IE Or FF using this:
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =44909.0

Might try loading one prior version as well.

If this fails, could be that the router is just broke.
lanny25

lanny25

Alright. I solved that problem by resoldering the reset button and resetting the router normally. Now I have a bigger Question at hand.

I live in a place where Internet is provided through Wifi access points and a Web Login Page. I have 8 to 10 wireless devices at my home. Now I need to setup the router in such a way that it wirelessly connects to the my ISP's Access Point outside my apartment and Logs into my Account using the ISP's weblogin page. Then I want all my devices to connect to the router and access the internet without logging in.

Is such a setup possible? If yes, please help me achieve it.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to lanny25

to lanny25
You'd need a extender or repeater to do this...
Some Info...
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =50738.0

Stuff for main router problems:
»forums.dlink.com/index.p ··· =54498.0
lanny25

lanny25

Can't that be done on the current router using dd art or any other custom firmware?

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to lanny25

to lanny25
You'd need to check with WRT or those 3rd party sites to see if they have that ability...