how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO

[MO] Columbia, MO signal issues?

This night around 7:00 I noticed signal issues on both of our boxes (our line?). Scrambled video fragmenting, and audio distortion. I'm not sure all the channels just that it is majorly annoying on the two channels I tried to watch--AMC (Breaking bad) and ESPN (Cardinals Game). This is occurring on both HD and low def channels, and on both of our boxes. It will clear up for 5 mins, then stutter for 5 mins straight.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:115

I am not aware of any issues in the area. Are you still experience the same issues form last night?

implode

Columbia, MO

Negative, the signal issue cleared up the following day...but every previous time I've had this issue I've had to have people come out and swap the line. Can recall this happening a good half dozen times since we have had cable, maybe more. Usually its a sign of the line getting old/worn or the box failing. Since we had our line replaced this summer, hoping its not the box (in our yard).

Crossing my fingers for no issues Sunday...can't miss the big one on AMC!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Good to hear. Keep an eye on it and let me know iif there is any change.

implode

Columbia, MO

Chad, we are having the signal issues again as of right now...and chance you could glance as my signal levels?

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to implode

I don't show any area issues that would cause this. I sent a couple of reset signals to your cable box. Could you check again in about 15 minutes?

implode

Columbia, MO

Sorry, first time I got to get back to this topic...from 5:00 to 7:00 I experienced the issues that day, then they cleared up. So I watched breaking bad without issue. Though I did miss most of Cardinals postgame because of stuttering nature on Sun.