»screenrant.com/agents-of ··· 3-panel/

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Oh Disney ordered ABC to pickup a TV series (despite ratings that would have cancelled anything else from it's Marvel Comic book division.

Hmmmmm

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008

Premium Member

But it's a pretty good show with the potential to be great, so I'm not surprised it got picked up for a full season.
Plus, it's a Whedon show, and he made them big big money with The Avengers on the big screen.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

The show has been ok for me. However I just can't seem to like the two tech people. And the lead agent is just so-so for me. But I will keep watching.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned) to Rook008

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

But it's a pretty good show with the potential to be great, so I'm not surprised it got picked up for a full season.
Plus, it's a Whedon show, and he made them big big money with The Avengers on the big screen.

No, it's a franchise with incredible potential, tied to a show with none.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I am losing interest in this show, I watched the first two episodes and it just isn't clicking for me. Are episodes 3 and 4 better?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by Omega:

I am losing interest in this show, I watched the first two episodes and it just isn't clicking for me. Are episodes 3 and 4 better?

Not really, I'm still watching, but barely.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
said by Omega:

worse

Nightwing
This is it boys,this is war
Premium Member
join:2002-04-08
CT

2 recommendations

Nightwing to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Click for full size
Click for full size
I don't lose interest because of this.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
As enjoyable as the eye candy is, I don't watch TV for it. I watch TV for enjoyable storyline. If I want eye candy, that is what the internet is for.

Based on the expert opinions of elwoodblues See Profile and Alcohol See Profile I will cease watching this show.
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned) to Omega

to Omega
said by Omega:

I did the same. I watched 1 & 2 then bailed on the series.

02778712 (banned) to Nightwing

to Nightwing
said by Nightwing:

I don't lose interest because of this.

I remember those days where looking at stuff like that was all the rage. Then I became an adult and could find 10 times better eye candy. Even better I could go out and pick some up!

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

I'm not ready to be as harsh, but it's on the bubble for me. Some interesting development's in the offing, such as underwear girl's back story.
02778712 (banned)
join:2013-07-08
MA

02778712 (banned)

said by SixOfNine:

I'm not ready to be as harsh, but it's on the bubble for me. Some interesting development's in the offing, such as underwear girl's back story.

This is where Quagmire jumps in and says, "Giggggity!"

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Not sure I understand why they showed a repeat last night when they have only aired 3-4 episodes so far.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by Voxxjin:

Not sure I understand why they showed a repeat last night when they have only aired 3-4 episodes so far.

Wasn't happy to see a rerun of the pilot. November is a sweeps month, so that might have had something to do with it.

By the way, this review tracks with how I feel about the show (I'm still hanging in there):

Because, to be honest, there hasn't been a lot about "SHIELD" so far to get excited about. Five episodes is a small sample size, and it's easy to say that most of Whedon's previous series took a season or more to truly get their bearings. But even through their early growing pains, there were obvious reasons to stick with them. The "Buffy" pilot, for instance, is a solid introduction to that world, and Whedon and Sarah Michelle Gellar instantly made the main character into someone worth watching, regardless of how clunky cheap some of her early adventures were.

"SHIELD" hasn't even offered that much. I don't hate it, but if it wasn't for residual affection for Marvel that goes back to childhood, and a sense of professional curiosity about whether this big corporate behemoth of a show can be made to work, I suspect it would have been consigned to the same place in my viewing priorities as the various USA and TNT shows I sometimes watch if I'm folding laundry or sorting my mail.

There's still lots of time for "SHIELD" to course-correct, especially since ABC isn't getting rid of it anytime soon...And since, as Agent Ward (Brett Dalton) noted in the pilot, someone just really wanted the spy agency's initials to spell "S.H.I.E.L.D.," let's see what we can get out of "A.W.R.Y."

A: Are there any compelling characters? This is the big one, and may ultimately be irreparable without ditching the bulk of the cast and starting over...

W: Where is the urgency? The Avengers stopped an alien invasion of New York. Captain America kept the Nazis from stockpiling super weapons that would have shifted the balance of World War II. In his latest film, Iron Man prevented a coup of the U.S. government.

Coulson's team, meanwhile, chases after alien artifacts, or tries to help a new super learn to use his powers, and it all comes with a vibe so casual it's surprising Coulson hasn't traded in his blue suit for a Hawaiian shirt and some flip-flops...

R: Really? Nick Fury's here to complain about the repair bill? In part to goose both live viewing and ratings for "The Goldbergs," "SHIELD" has revived a mostly-forgotten tradition among TV dramas: the end-of-episode tag, where we get one more scene after the final commercial break. The show has mostly used those tags to tease future storylines, but the second episode concluded with a cameo by Samuel L. Jackson as Coulson's boss, SHIELD director Nick Fury, who was very unhappy that Coulson and his team had done so much damage to the expensive flying command center Fury had given them. What was designed as an attempt to excite the fans and create more of a connection between the show and the Marvel films instead turned Nick Fury into the world's most famous example of the Disapproving Black Police Captain archetype, with Coulson just shrugging off all of Fury's yelling and screaming about the expense. In a couple of minutes, whatever mystique the Marvel films had built around Fury vanished.

In general, "SHIELD" has struggled to draw lines between itself and the movies, not only because Robert Downey Jr. isn't going to be appearing in a tag anytime soon, but because the show was designed to appeal to a broad audience — some of whom may not have seen "Avengers" or the other films..

Y: You spent how much on this? Look, we know that they don't have the "Avengers" budget to play with. But this is a show produced for a broadcast network, backed by some huge entertainment conglomerates, and yet it often appears to have been assembled for less money than something on Syfy.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I'm also in the slowly losing interest camp I wish the plots were dealing more with post-Avenger's movie issues, not humans spontaneously manifesting supernatural abilities. The secret of what really happened to Coulson between the movie death and this alive but somehow different Coulson TV is getting lame, as we get no new hints each week about what it may be - just how everyone seems to know about it but him

OT
@ccra-adrc.gc.ca

OT

Anon

It looks like they are trying, even if the Extremis serum is from IM3.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

IMO it seems post Avenger's and pre-IM3
the serum is still being perfected where as in IM3 it was done and some people just weren't good at using it.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to 02778712

Premium Member

to 02778712
quote:
I did the same. I watched 1 & 2 then bailed on the series.
Ditto.........it was terrible acting.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
gonna stop watching after last episode.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

This week's episode was, well, alright. The focus on Simmons was nice, and the cast got to show some human emotions.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

1 recommendation

BigSensFan to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Tonight's episode was actually very well done (best so far)

loved the Coulson is questioning his Tahiti recovery and the twist to Skye's redacted file adds another layer of intrigue

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I watched the latest 3 episodes in a row, figuring, even a lousy show can gell if you watch a few.

Nope, characters are wooden, as someone said, no chemistry, no character development, the stories a paper thin..

Sorry cancel this turd now.
intok (banned)
join:2012-03-15

intok (banned)

Agreed, this show has been garbage since the first EP.

It's plainly obvious that they used the same writing and direction pool as every other show on ABC.

Is it any wonder people have started flocking to the stuff AMC has been doing over the same old crap that ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox put out? Sure those channels have the numbers, but only due to their broadcast licenses and the fact that they are included in all cable packages weather you want them or not.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Well, they're trying. I'm still sticking with it.

»www.nerdist.com/2014/01/ ··· i-e-l-d/

For the paywalled:

The world of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been expanding at an exponential rate since the beginning of the pilot. With introductions for Dr. Franklin Hall, Victoria Hand, Donnie Gill and appearances for both Maria Hill and Nick Fury himself, the series shows no signs of slowing down when it comes to expanding the world of the MCU. Last week, during the semi-annual TCA tour, it was announced Thor’s Jaimie Alexander would be appearing in the 15th episode of the first season as her character, Lady Siff. But it now appears she won’t be alone.

In news released today, it’s been confirmed Thor villain Lorelei will be appearing on the Lady Sif episode, and that the character will be played by Elene Satine. In addition to that, it was also confirmed J. August Richards’ Mike Peterson, last seen being blown up at the hands of the woman in the flower dress, will be returning as Marvel character Deathlok in the episode airing February 4th (Stan Lee has also been confirmed to have a cameo in this episode). The extent and longevity of Richard’s role in the show is currently unknown.

“This is a major Marvel character appearing on TV, on film for the first time,” said Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb at a set-visit TCA event today regarding the appearance of Deathlok. Executive Producer Jeff Bell went on to add “You are in the back half of the movie… We set it up, now we’re going to pull the trigger.”

There’s a lot to process here. Two confirmed comic book characters debuting on television, a major crossover, promise of pay-off to set-up plotlines, it’s all very exciting for both fans of the show and fans of the MCU (and Marvel) in general.
The news of Deathlok also seems to further increase speculation on how Coulson is alive. Could those LMD theories hold more water than we initially thought? Hopefully we’ll know sooner rather than later.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Don't know anything about Deathlok.
Planoboy
join:2013-07-14

Planoboy to SixOfNine

to SixOfNine
I think this is a great show. I think some people just want to hate this show...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by Planoboy:

I think this is a great show. I think some people just want to hate this show...

No I want to be entertained.. anyway, there is plenty of choice out there.