spc
Search similar:

uniqs
user451
join:2011-01-07
Brampton, ON

user451

[Cable] Speedboost working?

Have been away for a couple of weeks and notice that DL speed was rather sluggish last night topping around 8mps. Testing today it was sluggish again until I reset the modem. Connecting wirelessly or directly to the modem its peaking on every speed test at 24.5mbps like speedboost was no longer working.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour

Thanks

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee

Same here. I noticed it since I switched to 25/2 plan. Maybe SPEEDTEST has found a way to show the speed without boost - who knows! In any case, I'm getting what I pay for, so I can't complain.

Given the experience of other posters here, I might say I feel fortunate to actually get what I pay for.

sbug
@teksavvy.com

sbug to user451

Anon

to user451
I've noticed the same thing. I'm on 35/3 and Speedtest completely flatlines at 34.3 Mb/s. Not a single blip at all. I'm on the Bloor POI and my area has always been pretty stable and congestion free. As well my upstream channel bonding has changed from 4x16 to 3x64 now.
user451
Brampton, ON

user451 to WhaleOilBee

to WhaleOilBee
Interesting, after switching to 25/2 it was showing a nice speed boosts in the 50 mbps range even in Aug. The reason I checked last night was starting a Netflix show was sluggish.
user451

user451 to sbug

to sbug
My upstream channel bonding went to 3x64 quite a while back, but the changes did not affect the DL or UL speed at the time

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul to user451

to user451
Speedboost has gone the way of the Dodo (Raphus cucullatus)

Pir8pete
join:2003-09-05
Ottawa

Pir8pete to user451

to user451
said by user451:

Have been away for a couple of weeks and notice that DL speed was rather sluggish last night topping around 8mps. Testing today it was sluggish again until I reset the modem. Connecting wirelessly or directly to the modem its peaking on every speed test at 24.5mbps like speedboost was no longer working.

Thanks

yup, no more speed boost

Last Result:
Download Speed: 147309 kbps (18413.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 9810 kbps (1226.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 27 ms
Monday, September 23, 2013 8:10:41 PM

I use to hit in the 256 on the dl now it's right at 150

TakeOffEh
@teksavvy.com

TakeOffEh to user451

Anon

to user451
As recently as last week, I was still seeing speedboost on both upload and download. Now, I'm only seeing it on upload.
user451
Brampton, ON

user451 to KPaul

to KPaul
said by KPaul:

Speedboost has gone the way of the Dodo (Raphus cucullatus)

Is this an opinion or based on a Rogers release?

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to user451

to user451
said by user451:

The reason I checked last night was starting a Netflix show was sluggish.

I don't think SpeedBoost would have ever helped NetFlix much!

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I am still seeing speedboost ...much shorter duration mind.

Treegravy
Premium Member
join:2011-04-21
Canada

Treegravy to user451

Premium Member

to user451
Click for full size
Click for full size
Since starting the new marketing campaign designed to make you forget about speedboost -- the term has been wiped from the Rogers' website and replaced by "Independently tested to deliver %100 of our speeds".

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul to user451

to user451
its slowly being phased out from what I know

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Treegravy

Premium Member

to Treegravy
"Independently tested" by SamKnows.com
said by Samknows.com :

SamKnows now has measurement projects underway across four continents: North America, South America, Europe and Asia, collecting performance data which is used by regulators, consumers, industry and most importantly consumers, to provide a more accurate picture of actual broadband performance

Supposedly to lend legitimacy & creditablity to their marketing speak, I imagine.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to user451

Anon

to user451
said by user451:

Thanks

Now you are getting the proper speeds you pay for and not that fake speed that Speedboost gave you.
technik0
join:2008-01-09
Guelph, ON

technik0

Seems to have leveled out at 25/2 like it's supposed to. Saw over 40Mbit at times back in August but not recently.
aereolis
join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

aereolis to user451

to user451
Good riddance! It caused more problems than it was worth!
paul_ottawa
join:2012-11-10
Ottawa

paul_ottawa to user451

to user451
On 45/4 here and haven't seen speedboost in a couple of weeks at least.
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee to Treegravy

to Treegravy
Hm even though i get 140-145 / 9 instead of 150/10 )))))
user451
Brampton, ON

user451 to rogersmogers

to rogersmogers
said by Anon80:

said by user451:

Thanks

Now you are getting the proper speeds you pay for and not that fake speed that Speedboost gave you.

Speedboost was an added feature in addition to the "proper" speeds we are paying for
user451

user451 to aereolis

to aereolis
said by aereolis:

Good riddance! It caused more problems than it was worth!

Such as?