Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

3 edits

Avira: New CEO Travis Witteveen

said by Neil J. Rubenking | PCMAG.com :

Prior to becoming CEO on July 1st, Mr. Witteven "ran all the sales, marketing, finance, and HR" for Avira, so he's no stranger to the management track.

Witteveen frankly admitted that Avira's scores in tests by independent labs such as AV-Comparatives and AV-Test have been sagging. "We're heading back to the top," he proclaimed. "We've had cloud-based protection for a while, but only during scans. Our first priority is to incorporate cloud technology into our real-time protection."

"We are still a privately held company; we don't have to worry about EBITDA and such pressures. The product is who we are and what we deliver to the world."

Avira's 2014 product line will release around the end of September.

Did not see this mentioned earlier when initially published. I'll be interested in checking out their new 2014 product line.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3

quote:
"We are still a privately held company; we don't have to worry about EBITDA and such pressures.
I have never worked for a company, regardless of who owned it, that "didn't have to worry about" earnings. Creditors, suppliers, employees need to be paid.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
reply to Dustyn

(Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization - EBITDA)

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3

I think we all know what it means. My point at least was that it didn't matter whether your talking about EBITDA or Net earnings. Any owner, private or otherwise, usually cares.