Buffalo, NY
kudos:1

Unlimited Data - Not For Long

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

1 recommendation

A cousin of mine swears that verizon has an unlimited home fusion option at $100 a month.. Anyone else hear of this? Its still expensive as hell, but i'm wondering where/how she heard of this.. She may even be full of biscuit water, but you never know...

Imo unlimited or at least Unlimited/useful should at least give 150 gigs and cost say at most $60... Wish in one hand, poop in another though

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
For what it's worth, I just called Verizon Wireless to follow up on your report, and I was told that is correct, that they now have unlimited home fusion for $100 a month. Doesn't do me any good since I need mobility up and down the Northeast (NY, Philly, DC and so on), but it could come in handy for someone perhaps.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
Where is this plan option on their website?

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
It does not appear on line. They assured me it exists, but it is only available in person at Verizon Wireless stores. I was told to go to a Verizon Wireless store that's operating in partnership with "Verizon Communications." So I guess that's what you need to find in your area in order to get full info.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
I will have to see what they have available - I have several family members in the country but are very very very close to several verizon LTE towers that provide them with about 40mb/s thru LTE but home fusion service was way too expensive with too little cap for me to recommend them get it. $100 for unlimited Verizon 4g is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

I am sure there is going to be a soft cap in there somewhere. Even FIOS apparently has a 10tb soft cap

solarscreen

join:2013-09-27
Woodbridge, VA
reply to criggs

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to criggs
perhaps a "VERIZON STORE", corporate free standing store, and not a "authorized agent"?

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to Max Signal
5G. Hmmm.

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium
join:2000-07-03
Rosamond, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Antelecom
reply to Max Signal
I was by a Verizon store so I asked about this rumored unlimited plan and was able to confirm it doesn't exist. Which makes sense since they have a 30GB $120 monthly plan. An unlimited $100 monthly plan would eat at their profits from the $120 plan and overage fees.

criggs

New York, NY
That's odd. Why was I told the opposite then when I called them?

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium
Rosamond, CA
Well just called customer service at 1(866)738-8609 and the representative confirmed the only plans currently available are the 10, 20, and 30GB options.

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium
Rosamond, CA

1 edit
reply to Max Signal
Duplicate post.

mtncat

join:2003-12-05
Elizabethton, TN
reply to Max Signal
I read that as if he were predicting that carriers like T-mobile and Sprint would not be able to sustain their offerings of unlimited data without their networks suffering to the point that they would stop offering the option.

Given that Sprint is currently offering "Unlimited for Life" plan, passively suggesting that you better get on board before it's gone, may indicate that he believes it will it will be short-lived, and is another marketing ploy.

Nothing obviously suggesting that grandfathered unlimited will be getting the axe.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
Verizon is making it harder and harder to keep those grandfathered unlimited plans . There is nothing to say they will not keep this aggressive purging of old plans up.

mtncat

join:2003-12-05
Elizabethton, TN

2 edits
Yep, nothing is certain.

Also, I could imagine an unlimited or high data cap option for Home Fusion being given as an exclusive offer to grandfathered unlimited subscribers in rural areas. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be pretty damned cool.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to kevnich24
I don't even think that exist. Something someone made up.......

said by kevnich24:

$100 for unlimited Verizon 4g is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

I am sure there is going to be a soft cap in there somewhere.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to criggs
give us a followup when you can successfully order this package!

said by criggs:

For what it's worth, I just called Verizon Wireless to follow up on your report, and I was told that is correct, that they now have unlimited home fusion for $100 a month.

criggs

New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
Oh, I have no interest in it, since it's not mobile, so I won't be following up (no reason why others can't, of course). I was just curious after decifal mentioned it in the second posting in this thread, which is why I called. I agree with Racer that, taking into account the $120/30 gig deal, it really doesn't make sense. Mtncat may be right above: It may be something available in stores to those with grandfathered unlimited VZW plans.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
reply to Max Signal
I pay $50 per month for 2.5GB with Cricket Wireless, but I'm considering switching to Vz Wireless, is there any plan similar to Cricket that I would pay with Vz?

criggs

New York, NY
The best Verizon Wireless deal out there of which I'm aware is from Millenicom, where you get 20 gigs a month.

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

give us a followup when you can successfully order this package!

said by criggs:

For what it's worth, I just called Verizon Wireless to follow up on your report, and I was told that is correct, that they now have unlimited home fusion for $100 a month.

Its shady indirect (read as authorized retailers, not verizon direct) putting it as a sub account for the indirects business. Once said indirect gets caught, its done