Search similar:

uniqs
metz
join:2013-09-25
ha04rh

metz

[Other] {ASUS} RT-AC66U Port Forwarding

Hi All,

I have a Windows 2012 Server running behind my RT-AC66U router and I am having a number of port forwarding issues.

On the RT-AC66U I have assigned a static IP to the server and then gone to the WAN->Port Forward section to forward ports 80, 443 and a few others like 45429 to the server IP.

Ports 80 and 443 show as open but 45429 and the other custom ports are showing as closed when running a check from the server.

Everything was working well on my Draytek 2820n router but I fancied an upgrade.

I have read that AiCloud uses 443 so I changed that port to 4433 on the router to see if that helped... no luck.

Any idea's on what I can do to fix the issue, will a 3rd party firmware help with better port forwarding rules?

Thanks
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

said by metz:

Ports 80 and 443 show as open but 45429 and the other custom ports are showing as closed when running a check from the server.

Exactly how are you checking whether those ports are open?

Surefire way to check from your Windows 2012 server is the "netstat" command. If you're trying to check from the
internet proper, either borrow a friend's internet connection and telnet to your public IP address on the specified
port... or user an online port scanner like Shields Up to confirm.

My 0000010bits.

Regards
metz
ha04rh

metz

I tried SheildsUp and did an All service port scan, results below:

Both Firewalls = Port 80 Open, rest Stealth
No Firewalls = Port 53, 80, 515 Open, rest closed
Just Router Firewall = Port 80 Open, rest Stealth
Just Server Firewall = Port 53, 80, 515 Open, rest closed
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to metz

MVM

to metz
So port 80's showing open, which at least to me tells me that's configured correctly.

Did you try the netstat command yet?

Regards
metz
ha04rh

metz

I've finally got my Windows Access Anywhere site working over DDNS.

I did a number of changes over the last 2 days, to the point of flashing 3rd party firmware on to the router.

I went back to the stock firmware and I think that disabling HW Accelerator under LAN->Switch Control may have helped. UPnP is also enabled on the router and the firewall is off for now.

Port 45429 still shows as closed but I can see traffic being directed to that port under the Connection log of the router. The application also shows that the port is ok.
18286719 (banned)
join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

18286719 (banned)

log in to your router, go to system log, and go to the port forwarding tab, you can lookup every port forwarding rule the router has setup via manual port forwarding or upnp, the router has problems with upnp overriding port forwarding for me