All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

David_Carl
@charter.com

David_Carl

Anon

[CATV] Multi-room DVR config removed, none will help.

I had (and enjoyed) multi-room DVR capability for close to 2 years now in my St. Charles MO home. Recently my wife and I decided to drop the premium channels... and we lost the remote DVR capability. No biggie, right? Just call Charter and get them to fix it.

Nope - seems that you can't get it back once you lose it. The call center manager in Minneapolis tells me it's not possible. But... I had it before, just before you changed it! No matter, it's gone and there's nobody to call and express my opinion on having capabilities taken away without my agreement (that's what she said when I asked). Not just that, but I asked who I could talk to that could help (above her level of management) and was told there wasn't anyone. Not in all of Charter.

Which, in reality, is my biggest problem. It's not her fault, it's the fault of the company that one of my services has been eliminated, but without someone to talk to (preferably Sean O'Donnell. Vice President and General Manager - anyone got his email address, please mail me!) to express my displeasure.

I think one of Charter's competitors has multi-room DVR capability...

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

There have been other discussions here about Charter dropping the multi-room DVR service. Apparently it was decided they could make more money with the the $20 DVR service fee, plus a [increasing] box fee per TV. [I understand it has gone from $5 to $6 each in the past year... in the new pricing.]

I guess they don't have enough competition to worry about this reversal. I'd be happy if they would just offer some DVRs with more storage, or the ability to attach more storage for current customers. I do understand though, what a disappointment this must be to you, to lose such a convenience.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr to David_Carl

Premium Member

to David_Carl
Tivo ...

dso25a50
@charter.com

dso25a50 to David_Carl

Anon

to David_Carl
replace the boxes with Tivo's and don't look back, new boxes have 4 or 6 tuners, lots of storage and when placed on a home network, wired or wireless you can stream content between the boxes