share rss forum feed

mark40511

join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

- Windstream can't access pedestal

This isn't really a complaint , but I just want to share....... I'm not sure how common this is. It probably happens everyday.

Anyway - My 24 speed has been working flawlessly until around a week ago. I started getting occasional disconnects which would not always require a reboot. I decided to log into the interface of the comtrend and looked at the #'s and noticed that line (1) was 1/2 the rate of line (0), which made sense since I was only getting around 15 mbps......It was still very usable but something was wrong somewhere.

Tech came out and said he knew what was wrong...but he couldn't do anything today because 5 houses down from me in the neighbors "Locked and fenced in" back yard to which he needs access to - to get to the pedestal. Apparently those neighbors had recently gotten windstream and something was " making intermittent contact" he said. Not sure but he said he knew exactly what the problem was. He left a note on their door to call him and leave the fence unlocked. I even went down later than evening and knocked on their door but no answer.

I'm not @ home now today - but he called and said he has YET to hear from them....

Oh well.

mark40511

Lexington, KY

Today - same thing.

locked back gate........still can't get to pedestal...will try again tomorrow.....

Crazy.

nOv1c3

join:2006-11-08
Whitney, TX
kudos:1
reply to mark40511

A Bolt cutter should do the trick lol

mark40511

Lexington, KY

ha!! Well, I left a note on their door as well politely asking to leave to gate open for the phone company after no one answered the knock. I don't know these people so it felt kind of awkward......

mark40511

Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

Ok.......he fixed it today - so obviously he was able to get in.....But he said he had to put one new line in, which is lying on top of the yard ......I guess someone comes along later to bury it.....Makes me wonder if whoever does the burying of lines will even be able to get in to do so......

BigChicken

join:2010-06-27
Lincoln, NE

Good luck having them come back to bury them. Lines layed on the ground for over a year in my neighborhood. No fences or dogs to stop the techs either.

mark40511

Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

Click for full size
Click for full size
The tech left me his # and said to call him or text him if it wasn't buried by Tuesday....

I do notice something since his visit........the Attenuation for upstream on line (0) was in the 12's.........Now it's in the 2's..........Before, both lines had upstream Attenuation in the 12's

mark40511

Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

@ 9 pm (ish) Sunday ...everything seems ok

iowaboy
Premium
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

Looking good, Wish everyone could get something close to that. Congrats on getting someone to fix the problem.

mark40511

Lexington, KY

@ Iowaboy - I know. I wish everyone could get what they are paying for!!

nOv1c3

join:2006-11-08
Whitney, TX
kudos:1
reply to mark40511

Congrats Mark , The connections looks good ,

Every once in a while i guess windstream can fix things

iowaboy
Premium
Fairfield, IA

I would say a field tech took it under his wing to fix what needed fixed.

mark40511

Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

I still can't figure out WHY on any wireless device connected to my network.......either smart phone, laptop, etc, all gives me a speedtest around 3 to 8 mb......My lLAN connections are always GREAT......Surfing with the wireless devices don't feel as slow as the speedtests are registering, so I don't know if I trust the speed tests........but something is wrong somewhere with a setting in my router, modem.....I'm on channel 11 now. I've tried 6.....

I realize wireless is never as stable as LAN and speed will decrease.........but back when I had a 12 mb connection, with the SAME exact wi-fi router I have now, I got around 12 on all wireless devices.......and the router stayed on channel 11 like it is now.

iowaboy
Premium
Fairfield, IA

well they refused to even run a temp line to see if the modem reboots would go away. Figures.

mark40511

Lexington, KY
Reviews:
·Windstream
·Windstream

1 edit

What's the typical time frame for the phone company to come bury a line that's lying on top of your yard, running through someone else's yard to the pedestal in another yard? And - if/when they do come to bury it, what do they do if they can't bury the entire line due to locked fence or something?