dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
CG001
join:2013-09-26

CG001

Why should we let Distributel do this? Where is help?

My Internet connection will be terminated in 2 days, not counting weekend, yet Distrubtel is not sending pending disconnect ticket to Rogers so new isp can work on the order. Distributel did it intentionally to the leaving customers to make sure they will be out of Internet for days and weeks. What kind of 3rd or 4th world are we living in? Why should our hands be tied? Why are we so helpless? Why does the Government still let this kind of company in business? Why? Why? WHY? Is there anything we can do?
LostTheGame
join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

LostTheGame

said by CG001:

Distributel did it intentionally to the leaving customers to make sure they will be out of Internet for days and weeks.

Umm...no...
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger to CG001

to CG001
Hi CG001, not sure who you are switching to, but we offer a loaner modem for exactly this reason, to tide people over this transition.
GoRaptors
join:2011-07-22
London, ON

GoRaptors

Ya George I am in the same boat looks like, $64.30/month taxes/modem rental all in with Distributel for 25 down 2 up. I just got transferred back into the queue when I asked for a supervisor to speak with I can't justify the cost of that. It is to expensive for me. Ugh. I *just* got my internet back after no internet for 12 days! Argh!
CG001
join:2013-09-26

CG001 to GeorgeBurger

to GeorgeBurger
I'm, getting a loaner modem, but the new isp will not send it out until they see a pending disconnect ticket from Rogers

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 edit

elwoodblues to GoRaptors

Premium Member

to GoRaptors
That's why I left, too pricey. I had a very sweet deal less then 40/mont with tax for 28/1, the price for less, 25/2, was not in the cards for me.
rilles
join:2009-04-27
Waterloo, ON

rilles to CG001

to CG001
I had the same problem.
You have to make sure your new provider does not do a switch-over of service (rogers will reject). They have to do an "add additional service" ticket to get around the old distributel signal. I had to do this with Teksavvy after Rogers rejected the initial switch-over ticket.
The free distributel service is nice.. but as you say causes issues in leaving them.