Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zspeed

join:2013-08-30
reply to resa1983

Re: [DSL] At loss for a countermeasure: TekSavvy/Bell issue with

said by resa1983:

Technically, I do believe they're allowed to kick GAS customers on non-FTTN profiles (ie 7mbps or less) off the remote to the CO for their own Fibe customers.
However, kicking a GAS customer with a FTTN profile off the remote to the CO for one of their own customers is a big no no.

What about FTTN customers with TPIAs (50/10, 25/10), could they be kicked onto lower profiles? I know someone who had to switch to cable a few months ago due to some maintenance work that took place at the CO and made his profile suddenly go down to 7000/1000, his provider (not TekSavvy) nor Bell was able to resolve the issue at that time.

Well, the CRTC still has a long way to go to take Canada onto the world stage, at least the UBB horror was put down by sheer outrage and no politician wanting to have anything to do with that hot potato.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
said by Zspeed:

at least the UBB horror was put down by sheer outrage and no politician wanting to have anything to do with that hot potato.

Actually "UBB" is still around, only its morphed into CBB (Capacity Based Billing), which does affect the assine rates for the higher tier plans, which sadly is the only reason I'm not on 150/10 unlimited paying twice as much as the unlimited plan is NOT a compromise I want to make. (This is no doubt by design.)

At least for DSL plans prices dropped a bit, not so much for Cable subs.
--

!- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -!
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = @TwiztedZero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

BellCorrupt

@colocrossing.com
reply to Zspeed
You should make a complaint to the CRTC, since you have enough evidence to prove wrongdoing by Bell trying to misinform and willfully not carry out *your* order. Also, make a request for transcripts and documents TekSavvy has received from Bell for your DSL package. Simply submitting a complaint helps, even if they do nothing about it for you, just the numbers of complaints would make them rethink the situation and try to make the whole process a lot more rigorously defined for the incumbents, thus less leeway for intentful fuck-ups.

BellCorrupt

@colocrossing.com
*I meant for OP.