Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper

join:2001-11-03
New Iberia, LA

WordPress theme design

I don't know if this is something you guys / gals can help with but I thought this would be my best shot.

Before I just roll the dice and "Google it" I wanted to check here first. Maybe come across some word of mouth advertising or know someone that knows someone type of deal.

I'm trying to get a Real Estate blog put together. I've been able to get most of the back end stuff running. The domain, web host, email is all set up. All that fun stuff. I just can't make it pretty. I tried my hand at web design years back and failed at it.

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, just a theme that works with WordPress. I just have no idea where to start looking other than here. Everyplace I've looked on line just seems way too happy to take my money.

If I have left something key information out or something isn't clean. Just let me know and I'll do what I can to clear it up.

If you got any advice or could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you.
--
Member of the US Air Force since May 7th, 2002 To March 29th, 2005

"You sneak up behind yourself and remove your pants before you realize what's going on." KOL

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
have you looked through these yet?
»www.designrazzi.com/2013/wordpre ··· -themes/

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper

join:2001-11-03
New Iberia, LA
I haven't seen those. I'll check them out.

Thank you.

Mospaw
My socks don't match.
Hawaiian Jellyfish
join:2001-01-08
Mile-High
kudos:1
Also, in terms of WordPress itself, make sure you spend a little time organizing the data on the site, how it will be laid out, what information you need, etc. That will help you do decide on which theme to use, since each theme is likely to have slightly different features.

And once you have selected a theme to use, you can look into plugins that you might need and maybe spend a bit more time planning the data.