spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LLMW

@rogers.com

Why so many Teksavvy issues?

I have been a Rogers cable customer since 2006 and have had two outages of my internet . Additionally, I have felt slow downs at times when the nodes are congested. I want to switch to Teksavvy for my cable internet to save some money and have more bandwidth.

My question is, why are there so many outages and complaints?. Will I get the same level of service when I switch to Teksavvy or will I have a nightmare so many report here?

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

the installs are managed by rogers and the tickets... so blame rogers.....
teksavvy runs on the infrastructure of bell/rogers/cogeco/shaw/telus/videotron.... that's the same with all the iisp's .... besides we paided with our tax dollars for this infrastructure... guess what it isn't being upgraded as fast... and we rank 36th in the world for download speeds... the big guys are using the current setup and milking our wallets dry....

it's a ripoff... why stick with a contract phone and replace it every 6 months why... plus you got limited data, text and voice... also you got to pay for extra's like call display... save money go to tpia and remember it's the big telecom provider's fault not the small one's who are trying to help you save money.

Treegravy
Premium
join:2011-04-21
canada
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to LLMW

There's been a confluence of different things which conspired to create this whirlwind. The migration to aggregate, school rush, new hires, some admitted communication errors, upgraders from D2 to D3, managing xDSL and cable, and not to mention possible shenanigans or outright incompetence by the incumbents.

Some, probably most, of these challenges are on the way to being mitigated away and if you order through the web portal without needing to call - which is what we did - then in all likelihood things will go smoothly. Having been an old Rogers customer since the @Home days we're all too familiar with the vagaries of cable internet access. That some temporary outages will occur no matter who your provider is is to be expected. TekSavvy does do a credible and creditable job of dealing with issues as this forum by and large is a testament to.

So, gird your loins and take the plunge. All you have to lose are your shackles to a massively vertically integrated company that holds the ARPU holy above all else!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to LLMW

Here is some info on the whole situation from our CEO, Marc...

»blogs.teksavvy.com/?p=2533

wdk23

join:2013-08-15
reply to LLMW

I see a lot of people who are unhappy, and sure enough I have also had issues over the last while too. However the other guys would never provide free mobile sticks to waiting customers. They also don't provide anything like the service we get on this forum. I no longer need to call in for most issues, the direct forum works very well.

DivineRobot

join:2011-01-29
reply to LLMW

I don't see the same outage complaints for CIK, Acanac and other small independent ISPs that use Rogers line. It seems that all these complaints are only for Teksavvy. Teksavvy is the biggest 3rd party independent ISP and they are gaining market share so maybe Rogers sees them as a threat. I've heard people in Ottaw with outages for as long as a month. That is completely unacceptable. Teksavvy must have some kind of SLA with Rogers. If the tickets constantly breach SLA, they need to start suing. I don't buy this "there's nothing we can do on our end except wait" excuse.

stormy13

join:2003-10-28
Etobicoke, ON

That's just it, there is no SLA. You can thank Rogers and the CRTC for that one.

If this is any indication,

»[Cable] CRTC - CNOC Part 1 Cable Carrier Services & Update

things look like they could get a lot better. Just have to wait on the CRTC to hear it.

--
MS MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010-2013

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to DivineRobot

said by DivineRobot:

I don't see the same outage complaints for CIK, Acanac and other small independent ISPs that use Rogers line. It seems that all these complaints are only for Teksavvy.

Then you're not really looking.

oceros

join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON
reply to DivineRobot

said by DivineRobot:

I don't see the same outage complaints for CIK, Acanac and other small independent ISPs that use Rogers line. It seems that all these complaints are only for Teksavvy. Teksavvy is the biggest 3rd party independent ISP and they are gaining market share so maybe Rogers sees them as a threat. I've heard people in Ottaw with outages for as long as a month. That is completely unacceptable. Teksavvy must have some kind of SLA with Rogers. If the tickets constantly breach SLA, they need to start suing. I don't buy this "there's nothing we can do on our end except wait" excuse.

There is no SLA.

DHCP issues are also likely directly related to teksavvy being the biggest TPIA and the growth.

Given some of the details in that CRTC - CNOC post, I have a feeling TPIA doesn't get great updates / reports on IP depletion. This leads to ... IP depletion, and nasty DHCP related outages that drag on. That's an outstanding way for an incumbent to screw with an ISP by omission.

hans

join:2013-09-27
reply to LLMW

They don't even care about good customers who are never late with the payment i am a living proof!

At the beginning i was really liking their services but with the kind of answer i receive from their support today i think i have no more options than to switch ISP and i am currently looking at electronic box since they have excellent support at least that what i saw in reviews.

KPaul

join:2007-02-08

1 edit

Does rogers reward you for always playing? Telus? Car insurance?

It's one thing to have a genuine beef, but from your post it seems like it's just complain and hope for free stuff.

Delta

join:2010-08-15
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

can individuals complain directly to the CRTC againts the incumbent that is causing the delay? (in this case rogers) perhaps a flood of individual complaints on the CRTC will encourage them to force more accountability and speed from the incumbents???

MikeyPC

join:2013-07-17
Ottawa, ON
reply to KPaul

They do! They up your bill after 6 months! What a reward!

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:12
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to DivineRobot

"Teksavvy must have some kind of SLA with Rogers. If the tickets constantly breach SLA, they need to start suing. I don't buy this "there's nothing we can do on our end except wait" excuse."

The SLA if you call it that ... more like the "procedures" were defined by Rogers on a request from the CRTC, and the CRTC bought into them in good faith thinking that this would be the worst case not the normal practice. That the incumbents would be more co-operative with the TPIAs than they have been. Note that the TPIAs had NO input into this process.

As for suing ... if TekSavvy took Rogers to court there are two outcomes ... Rogers would find a technical reason to discontinue all TPIA services (remember that many cable operators, most notcieably Eastlink which is now a LARGE operator, do not provide any TPIA services at all! BUT The court would say this is the purview of the CRTC and refer the dispute to them. Depending on the resolution of the CRTC process, THEN a court may be willing to act on damages or may simply rely on the CRTC, which is a quasi-judicial body btw, to assign restitution.

In other words "there's nothing we can do on our end except wait" is far from an excuse ... it's a matter of fact.