hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4

[Anime] Fall 2013: Currently Watching

Click for full size
The leaves are falling from the trees, much like the summer series are falling off the air. Here is a link for what is airing this fall, what do we have on the books?

This season I am planning on watching:
Coppelion
pupa
Diamond no Ace
Valvrave the Liberator Part 2

Maybe:
Kill la Kill

Little less than a maybe:
Yowamushi
Log Horizon

Since every season I seem to miss some awesome series anyone have any suggestions or anything on my list that is going to be no good?
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

Gandalf4503

join:2002-06-27
Cohoes, NY

1 recommendation

I'll watch Valvrave... none of the others really interest me. Log Horizon sounds like a wannabe .hack or sword art online.

It's looking like a pretty bleak anime season this year.

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:12
+1

This season is :yawn:

/M

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
BOLO list:

Valvrave 2 is tops on my list, but I'm worried it's gonna suck. The end of last season didn't leave me with a great feeling. Yes, better than others, but hope it gets back to a better action, mecha story mode.

Infinite Stratos 2: Yup! Me likey! The first IS wasn't GREAT, but I like the armor suits, and the harem elements aren't anything too annoying. So if it's done like the first season, and isn't done more overdone fanservice for the sake of fanservice, we'll be ok!

Golden Time: Had me with Toradora creator. Hoping for a good one here!

Yozakura Quartet: Loved the original, really enjoyed the redone OAVs, and have hopes for this one as well.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
Golden Time: Take Aisaka Taiga, mature her a bit, mix in some Minorin, and viola! We have Kaga Koko! (YES!) Tada Banri has just moved to Tokyo to attend law school. Due to getting lost and other misfortune, he arrives late and misses the opening ceremonies. Not knowing how to find the building he needs to go to next, he (creepily) follows two girls that appear to know the way, only to lose them. This is where he meets Mitsuo, who is also lost. The two hit it off. Suddenly, a taxi pulls up, and a lady in white emerges from the car holding a bouquet of roses, and commences to smack the loving shit out of Mitsuo with them. Turns out she is Kaga Koko, his "ex" who can't quite take the hint. I'm loving this so far. Maybe the fact it's done by the creator of Toradora! is giving it more weight, I dunno, but I'm looking forward to more.

Infinite Stratos Season 2: I haven't rewatched the first season or the fan-servicey OAVs in some time, and maybe I will to refresh myself again, but still, I do like this series. I think this episode is a lead in to one of the OAVs, as it skips over parts near the end, and is mostly just a re-establishing of the harem Ichika has with all the girls. The basis is that the IS suits can only be piloted by females, and Ichika is the first male to be able to do so, hence the only male in a female academy. The story opens with an impending doom dream, where Ichika is killed by a monster in the IS, he awakens to find one of the gals in his bed. She invites him to a festival, and he proceeds to invite every other gal to go as well, since he's dense, and can't figure out they all have feelings for him. And so it goes. You will either like it, or probably hate it.

Kill la Kill: Meet the new Yoko cosplay to see, Ryuko Matoi. She has arrived at Honnouji Academy, your typical badass school where fights are lethal, and the ladder is full of goons wearing "Goku Suits". Battle suits of sorts that range in power from 1 to 3. She's here for revenge, and soon finds herself on the losing end of battle. She escapes and returns home discouraged. It's there she finds a sailor outfit, which if you think of the Venom suit in Spider-Man, you can get an idea of what this costume is.... or rather, isn't in terms of coverage. Donned with her new apparel, she returns to the school and makes short work of the goon before. The art style is all over the place here, and gives you feelings of FLCL, as well as Gurren Lagann. I really have to rewatch this one, as it goes by in such a flurry, you can miss stuff.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
I watched these 3 as well last night. Good write up on them, far better than I could have hoped to do. My original goal was to only watch 2 but I got 1/2 way though Infinite Stratos and I realized it wasn't for me. On Infinite Stratos you are correct with the fan service is on high alert and obviously a harem series.

I then watch Kill La Kill, it was an entertaining series, though I recall myself thinking that it was missing something. I was not a fan of Gurren Lagann or FLCL so this might be my tension. I will prolly watch this one to the end regardless of entertainment.

Since I bailed out midway on IS2 I watched Golden Time based on captokita See Profile watch list and other general chatter on the series. I rather liked this series though it is following a lot of the normal tropes of the genre, it is also being different in a lot of regards.

I have also started watching Michiko To Hatchin which is a completed series, if anyone hasn't watched it I am really liking it so far. I am about 50% complete on the series.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to hitachi369
I just started watching "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU". I've only watched 2 episodes on Anime Network VOD so far and really enjoyed it overall.

I love the opening song especially the vocals by Nagi Yanagi.

I also like the look of the characters.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Gandalf4503

Cohoes, NY
said by juilinsandar:

I just started watching "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU". I've only watched 2 episodes on Anime Network VOD so far and really enjoyed it overall.

I love the opening song especially the vocals by Nagi Yanagi.

I also like the look of the characters.

That's one series I hope they add more to. I click with the main character quite a bit. He doesn't hesitate to just tell someone like it is. I think the summer camp portion of the anime was my favorite.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to hitachi369
Golden Time looks like something I'll enjoy, probably end up watching that on the iPad tonight while waiting for the Win 8 install to finish on my PC (episode will probably be just long enough too )

NefCanuck

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Gandalf4503
There's a My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU OVA coming according to Crunchyroll.

»www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2···reviewed

It may already be available in a torrent somewhere.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
Two more:

Nagi no Asukara: First, this one is visually beautiful, as is expected as a P.A. Works project, so right off you know you're going to like what you SEE. The rest? The story focuses on a group of friends, heading off to their first day at a new middle school, as the one in their district was closed. Hikari is your typical gruff, attitude boy, who looks after his childhood friend Manaka. She's also your typical clumsy, shy, crybaby character. You also notice something odd when Hikari is making breakfast.... there are FISH swimming around! Yup, the group are "sea people" - a whole culture that live in the ocean, in towns that you would swear are normal, aside from the schools of fish swimming around. Well, due to some fishy (bad, BAD pun) occurrences, Manaka meets Tsumugu a boy from the surface, that also happens to be in their class. Yes, it's a forming triangle people. Still, I'm really enjoying this, and it could be one of those gems you only appreciate after seeing it.

Beyond the Boundary / Kyoukai no Kanata: Akihito could be your typical student, he sees a girl standing on the ledge, and, thinking she's going to kill herself, goes against his better judgement and runs to talk her out of it. Hie good deed is met with a blade formed of blood run through him by the girl. Yup, remember kids, no good deed goes unpunished. Fortunately, Akihito ISN'T a normal student, but half-demon, which no matter how many times Kuriyama Mirai tries, and she does, cannot kill him. Hurts like hell though. Mirai is a Spirit Warrior, of a clan all but decimated, and naturally, she's not confident in her abilities. Hence the draw. Akihito's classmate/clubmate Mitsuki tells him to keep his distance from her, but you know that won't happen. The first episode is decent, if a bit slow in parts. I'm not sure if I'll follow through to the end, but we shall see.

Gandalf4503

Cohoes, NY
reply to hitachi369
I ventured to watch the first episodes of some of the new anime today and these are the ones I'm going to be watching (in no particular order):

Beyond the Bounary
Golden Time
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting!
Log Horizon
Kill la Kill
Strike the Blood
I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job.

Lots of fan service in the last one, and it's pretty much an ecchi copy of The Devil is a Part-Timer, but it's decent in the humor department. I'll give it a few episodes to see how I like it.

Log Horizon at least doesn't seem like it's going to be another SAO, so I'll give that a few episodes as well to see how it progresses. Seems pretty average so far.

I watched all of the other Hajime no Ippo anime and read the manga for a while, so this was a given for me. There's a great cast of characters and the fights are pretty awesome, so I'm looking forward to seeing how far they get with this.

Kill la Kill was pretty crazy. You can really feel the Guren Lagen portion at work. It seems like it's going to be crazily over the top, and yet it was still fun.

Beyond the Boundary has some great animation, and despite my not really liking the female lead, it has potential. I'm betting this is going to have the most gorgeously animated fight scenes of the season, so I'll watch it at least for those.

Strike the Blood seems to be your average supernatural anime. The main character is a vampire who can't remember his past, and is followed around by a super powerful middle school girl. I don't think the plot will be great, but I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.

Lastly, Golden Time. You can feel the Toradora here. I really like the main characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. The humor was great in the first episode, though I feel like the main character might be trying just a bit to hard to fall in love. When someone states that their goal in life is to fall in love it's a bit off putting. Otherwise, I feel like this should be a fun watch.

This season is off to a better start than I originally thought. I was really hesitant going in, since many of the descriptions made a lot of the anime sound like crap, but I'm glad I decided to take a chance and watch a few.

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to hitachi369
Watched Golden Time and so far I'm impressed, though other groups I've read seem to think this one may be a "by the numbers" type of anime by pointing out the similarities to other anime with similar setups.

Me? I'm willing to see where it goes because I could see things going seriously off the rails here in ways that people haven't thought of yet.

I will agree with the comment that the main character having a stated goal of "falling in love" seems a bit weird, since (presumably) the main character has spent all this time & effort to get into this school, shouldn't he be thinking about succeeding in school first?

But then I beat that cranky, cynical part of my mind into a coma and just wait to watch what happens next

NefCanuck

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
Thanks to this link from Crunchyroll, I watched the first episode of Gundam Build Fighters, and I have to say, I was rather impressed.

Sei Iori loves building gunpla kits, (Gundam models). His parents run a gundam model store, which is pretty much in the sticks when it comes to stores like this. However, he wants to take part in the Gunpla Battle Championship World Tournament, unfortunately, while he can build the models, he cannot fight with them properly. Imagine G-gundam with every mobile suit available. You meet at a table, pick your model, put it in the machine, and pilot the model like an actual mobile suit. Tell me I wouldn't be all over this if it actually existed! So basically this is any Gundam mecha-heads dream come true. Anyway, Sei gets his butt handed to him by rival Sazaki. Dejected, he runs into Reiji, kid from out of town that has never used this system but can handle it like a pro...... you know the type.

Still, it's fun so far, and compared to AGE, a nice change. I like how they show all the different Gundam models in some pure genius of advertising. You know you want one, so go buy one and build it! I'll take this opportunity to say I've got to start work on my 1:100 Unicorn I bought at AWA....

Also of note, for SEED/Destiny fans, they are also streaming the HD Remasters of the SEED and Destiny series, so I'm one happy Gundam fan! Check it all out at the link below, and be sure to follow GundamInfo on youtube for more. Some cool blatant gunpla advertising too, but I'll gladly take them.

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···1u1zFVNc

Gandalf4503

Cohoes, NY
said by captokita:

Thanks to this link from Crunchyroll, I watched the first episode of Gundam Build Fighters, and I have to say, I was rather impressed.

Sei Iori loves building gunpla kits, (Gundam models). His parents run a gundam model store, which is pretty much in the sticks when it comes to stores like this. However, he wants to take part in the Gunpla Battle Championship World Tournament, unfortunately, while he can build the models, he cannot fight with them properly. Imagine G-gundam with every mobile suit available. You meet at a table, pick your model, put it in the machine, and pilot the model like an actual mobile suit. Tell me I wouldn't be all over this if it actually existed! So basically this is any Gundam mecha-heads dream come true. Anyway, Sei gets his butt handed to him by rival Sazaki. Dejected, he runs into Reiji, kid from out of town that has never used this system but can handle it like a pro...... you know the type.

Still, it's fun so far, and compared to AGE, a nice change. I like how they show all the different Gundam models in some pure genius of advertising. You know you want one, so go buy one and build it! I'll take this opportunity to say I've got to start work on my 1:100 Unicorn I bought at AWA....

Also of note, for SEED/Destiny fans, they are also streaming the HD Remasters of the SEED and Destiny series, so I'm one happy Gundam fan! Check it all out at the link below, and be sure to follow GundamInfo on youtube for more. Some cool blatant gunpla advertising too, but I'll gladly take them.

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···1u1zFVNc

I also bought a Unicorn model kit when it was on sale on CR and it's currently collecting dust. I took it out of the box, freaked out at all of the parts, and put them all back into the box.

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
reply to Gandalf4503
Kill La Kill iss shaping up to be this weird fighting / ecchi anime mix, but after one ep I'm certainly willing to watch another next week.

NefCanuck

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to Gandalf4503
said by Gandalf4503:

I also bought a Unicorn model kit when it was on sale on CR and it's currently collecting dust. I took it out of the box, freaked out at all of the parts, and put them all back into the box.

Ever build one before? Intimidating at first, but since it's essentially snap-tite vs gluing, it's pretty quick and painless once you sit down and do it.

I prefer the 1/100 scale models for better detail, but ones like Abyss and AGE-2/black you can only get in the 144 scale. I've been building a 1/100 Force Impulse for over a year now, because I don't put time aside to do it, and now I have 3 more models to build, including the Unicorn, when that one is finished.

My computer desk is covered in Gundam models.

Gandalf4503

Cohoes, NY
said by captokita:

said by Gandalf4503:

Ever build one before? Intimidating at first, but since it's essentially snap-tite vs gluing, it's pretty quick and painless once you sit down and do it.

I prefer the 1/100 scale models for better detail, but ones like Abyss and AGE-2/black you can only get in the 144 scale. I've been building a 1/100 Force Impulse for over a year now, because I don't put time aside to do it, and now I have 3 more models to build, including the Unicorn, when that one is finished.

My computer desk is covered in Gundam models.

No, I chickened out. Besides, if I'm going to do one, I'd go all in and make sure everything was a perfect fit and that it was all painted the way it should be. I very nearly took the plunge. But, yeah, I don't have the patience for that.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to hitachi369
So to take a hitachi patented rambling run on sentence unasked for posts, good luck...

I have felt the need to make a hit and miss list. I am a bit taken back with this season as things are starting all willy nilly. I had a bit of a drought at the in the last few weeks and was a bit "add" happy to my crunchyroll queue.

Hit.

Yowapeda - This was an early add for me because I needed to pad out my watch list, but in reality so far has been a pleasant surprise. For me the story seems honest and I would say true, but I can already see the male lead will be some child prodigy. I want to know what the other co-lead(?) dude is up to as he has already rolled out a story of coming in second and vying for number one. His role seems out of place as he is not the lead male, so naturally he won't be able to get in first; I am thinking he will get taken out due to injury or something. It will be interesting either way to see how this otherwise by the book series will play out.

Golden Time - A SOL about scum sucking lawyers, well they all seem to be nice. I am a sucker it seems for SOL animes; I like how this one is about adults' verses the normal high school fair. As for the other peoples that have mentioned that he wants to fall in love too soon before his career, I'm like Meh. 1. His character is from out of town, I am thinking maybe there are not a lot of girls where he is from and he might just be a bit boned up. 2. It's a SOL so there has to be some romance, forced or otherwise. How else will the love triangle/rhombus form?

Log Horizon - This is nothing but a copy of SOA, but I am cool with that. SOA in my opinion is one of the most overrated series as of late, right up there with AOT. I am hoping that this will not fall into the same issues that SOA fell in for me. I like the online MMORPG soul sucking experience, I dont want to watch you get free and get captured again. In the end I feel that I can relate well to this genre, as it at its core is somewhat based in reality. (I would totally do a SOA or Log Horizon immersion game play) It is fun, it still could fall on its face, but I'll keep watching.

I couldn't become a hero... - This seems to be a rip on The Devil is a part timer, as previously mentioned. I am a sucker for these silly simple humor shows. The fan service is a bit intense, but the story so far is enough to make up for that. If the story starts to crumble, or if the fan service starts to pick up, it might get dropped.

Outbreak Company - I like this, it's a simple humor show, about some nerd who gets taken to another dimension. Dude is a NEET, takes a survey online and bam the minister of otaku affairs or something in a land of fairies and dragons. Its fun, you should watch an episode if humor and silliness is your game. Reminds me of Ixion Saga DT.

Miss.

Diabolik Lovers - Gah, I thought there would be a bit of story here but so far it seems like a reverse harem rape fest. I understand that the Japanese have a different take on forced relationships, but damn. So main lead (bitch-san as she is lovingly called) is a pin cushion for raging teen vampire men and their seductive demands. I only added this because at the start of the season rollout I was worried I wouldn't have enough, I should have dropped it but now I am too far in. 4/12 done.

Miss Monochrome - The humor in this series was hit and miss for me. They are mini episodes so I'll watch it to the end. It’s about a robot and her trials and tribulations.

Kill la Kill - This might be a surprise for the posters here, but this show is falling short for me. It comes off as a bit JJ Abrams over the top explosionie, but where JJ can keep me watching I feel bored with this series. I'll probably pull though the whole thing since Gurren Lagann is mentioned as a clone for this show, another show I didn't like, and I don't want to left in the dark on what could be an anime staple.

Ace of the Diamond - I like baseball, and I wanted to like this, it seem to be a nice show filler, come from behind, root for the little guy story. As of the first episode I am disappointed in the story. I will give it a chance to pull around, but I don't know.

Meganebu - Gah, this fell flat for me. I understand the show is to be eye candy for girls, but so was Free!, but I really liked that show. It was mentioned often as a replacement for Free!. I might just drop this one unless something good happens soon, it appears to be episodic and not really having a story. Bad Sign.

Coppelion - Post apocalyptic world, or city of Tokyo. I really want to like this series. Radiation or zombies are personal favorites of mine. I have always been drawn to Chernobyl and now with Fukushima radioactive destruction. I am fine with monsters or even nothing, but give me at least a bit of a tease of what caused the issue beside a shadow of a shape.

Still outstanding.

Samurai Flamenco
Galilei Donna
Valrave the liberator
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

~Benjamin Franklin

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
I watched Log Horizon, but where I liked the premise of SAO, this just fails to make you care. What is this game? Why are they stuck? Why aren't they all freaking out at the thought? Sure, some people are upset about it, but it just seems so laid back, where SAO made it a point in the first episode of just how REAL it was. Yes, I'm a fan of SAO, I really liked it (at least the first half), but this one, well, it might improve, but I'm not sold on it.

Outbreak Company: Yes, much like Ixion Saga, I'm enjoying this one so far. No, you can't take it seriously, but it's one of those "It could be worse than to wake up with a cute maid standing there offering to help you....." stories. Though lesson learned kiddies, don't sip tea with people you just met, as they may drug your ass and take you to another dimension, not always with the maids.

I couldn't become a hero......: Ok, I like fanservice as much as the next guy, but this one is almost too much. Boobs that defy the laws of physics by the way they just bounce for the sake of bouncing, wouldn't that hurt? Story? Well, I guess you can say it sorta has one, guy trains to be a hero, only to have the demon king bested before he can become one, so now he's unemployed and working a normal job for a living. Though the new hire is SURPRISINGLY (not) the demon king's child. Wow, haven't seen that before. I already have IS 2 for my fanservice intake for the season, I doubt I'll keep up with it past another episode or two to give it a fair shake, it just doesn't look like it will develop into much more than just bounciness for the sake of bounciness. That shtick can only get you so far.

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to hitachi369
Watched "I couldn't become a hero..." last night, fanservice like crazy, boob gymnastics like crazy, looks like the show overall is going to be crazy.

I was struck by something else that no one else has mentioned so far though: mainly how blatant some of the in-show advertising was, esp. the constant references to the Lawson convenience store chain (since this isn't the original broadcast, I have no idea if that company is a sponsor or not)

Never had the chance to go in to one of their stores while I was in Japan though, in my area it was Sunkis or 7-11/7-i-Holdings

NefCanuck

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
My mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy: Ok, this one is a show that can either become really good, or be horribly bad. Personally, I found the first one to be funny as hell. Kanade Amakusa spends his days tormented by something called "Absolute choice" - think dating sim game here, where in his interactions with people word bubbles appear giving him a choice, with a booming voice saying "CHOOSE!" - for instance, he's talking to his classmate, and his choice is "grab her boobs", or "grab my boobs" Since no one around him sees these "choices" he has to make (or he gets unbearable headaches) he comes off as a pervert, or just very weird. Don't take it too seriously folks, it's all fun, until you're forced to choose a girl falling on you.

Wanna Be the Strongest in the World: Ok, I'm sure I didn't give this enough time, but I quit shortly after the opening credits. Apparently the story is about idols learning how to wrestle.....Aside from the ample assets of the lead idol, there is nothing here of substance, and even that isn't enough for me to care enough to even make it through one episode. Lots of boobs, lots of convenient fog during bathing scenes, etc. So if you just want mindless fanservice, then check it out, but I've got enough to watch that I won't miss NOT seeing this one. I'm sure the new season of Freezing will be better to watch for that than this is. Maybe.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
Strike the Blood: The story takes place on a man made island far away from mainland Japan, where demons, vampires, and such co-exist with normal humans. Kojou Akatsuki would be your typical teenager, taking his makeup exams over the summer break, except, he's not. He's the Fourth Progenitor. Akin to a vampire. He doesn't remember the whole story, and pretty much denies it, except when he gets aroused by the smell of a girl (or her wallet) and his thirst kicks in. Currently, he can satiate the urge by drinking his own blood. While on his way home from studying, he notices he's being followed. She's Yukina Himeragi, a priestess tasked with following him, and if needed, eliminating him. She has the power to do so too. 2 episodes in, and I'm enjoying it.

Valverave the Liberator: Season 2: Picking up where season 1 ended, the story advances some in time, and the group is trying to garner aid from the Earth federation. This is where I'm having issues with this series. I can accept the idea that this colony is a bunch of military trained intelligent people, but to make me believe that a group of teenagers can ran the day to day tasks of a colony is absurd, since some act like they can't even tie their shoes, let alone be a prime minister. So I don't like that aspect. I also have issue with the fact the Valveraves are now like EVA units, with a super low operating time frame, which wasn't so pronounced previously. Powerful as they may be, they seem almost useless when it comes to actually fighting. So I'm a bit torn on this one now, I love the mechs, and the models coming for this look badass, but the show itself isn't doing a lot for me.

Golden Time continues to be good, as do the rest of my watch list so far. I haven't chosen to drop anything I've watched. Looking for a torrent for Yozakura Quartet, as it hasn't shown on the site I get my links from. Still some others I've yet to watch as well.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
On Crunchyroll they recently posted an article on series with the most panty shots, Yozakura Quartet was at the top of the list. If you end up watching it let me know what you think.

I am really enjoying Golden Time, though the amnesia I had to roll my eyes at. I like the most recent cult story was fun, I so wish I could have just yelled at them when a group comes out of vans all in the same track suit. Umm.. cult.

Have you watched Samurai Flamenco? I am really liking that too.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

~Benjamin Franklin

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
Golden Time ep #3 was fun but yeah, when they all show up wearing the same thing, you gotta wonder "Either y'all believe in in togetherness way too much..." or yeah cult :P

I liked the way the anime handled this much better than the manga did...

NefCanuck

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
Not reading the manga I was wondering if they were going to get drugged with the orange drink they had with there food. I was like you never drink the kool-aid from a cultist.

NefCanuck

Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by hitachi369:

Not reading the manga I was wondering if they were going to get drugged with the orange drink they had with there food. I was like you never drink the kool-aid from a cultist.

Yeah, that whole thing screamed TRAP in glowing neon letters so large that even the densest anime character should be like "waitasec..."

NefCanuck

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to hitachi369
I just watched the 1st episode of the 1st season of IS on youtube. It's not on crunchyroll anymore. Anyways, it was pretty good. I'm going to watch the rest of season 1 so I can start with season 2.
--

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to hitachi369
said by hitachi369:

On Crunchyroll they recently posted an article on series with the most panty shots, Yozakura Quartet was at the top of the list. If you end up watching it let me know what you think.

No, it's not bad like that. The panty shots aren't "in your face" fanservicey at all.... anyway.

Yozakura Quartet: This is a remake of the series shown a few years ago. So far, I prefer the original to this one. This one isn't BAD, but the character designs to me aren't as good as the first one was. It also seems to suffer from a lack of funding, because it's not as crisp as you would want to see from a series. Sakurashin is a city co-inhabited by yokai, half-yokai, and humans. The city is protected by a ring of giant sakura trees. They also serve kinda like a beacon to call the yokai that wish to live there peacefully. Hime, the scarf wearing teen lead, is the mayor of the town, and also runs a group called Hiizumi Life Counseling, which is a mix of yokai, half yokai, etc. that perform tasks for the townspeople, as well as serving as a protectorate of the town. If you've seen the original, you will recognize the characters, and probably enjoy it. The first episode throws the cast at you in a frenzy, and can be hard to follow if you haven't seen the previous versions, but it's ok, it does a good job of setting the scene for the happenings to come.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
Would you suggest watching the original first?

You also mentioned earlier that you were thinking about dropping I couldn't become a hero...... With the last episode how do you feel? the blatant tentacle rape, clothes explosions, and other ecchi effects have put me over my limit .