captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369

Re: [Anime] Fall 2013: Currently Watching

You don't NEED to watch the original first, as this version is essentially a relaunch, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. You would see the differences in the character designs at least. From what I read, the people that did the OAVs a year ago or so are doing this one, and that the character designs for both are closer to what they are in the manga. I haven't read the manga, so I can't say if that's the case or not.

As for I couldn't become a hero, I actually haven't watched the 2nd episode yet, and your spoilers don't make me want to.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
I finished my marathon of the 1st season of IS. It was entertaining enough to get me to start watching season 2. The opening of the 1st episode of IS2 brought to mind a similar theme in Rahxephon, where ayato, the protagonist was talking with the soul of his mech, reika.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: The year is 2039, mankind's abuse of the planet (seriously, moral alert!) has resulted in the sea levels rising, and land becoming more scarce. Enter the mysterious enemy, named the Fog. They are a fleet of Earth-style Pacific War type battleships / cruisers with badass laser cannons and weapons. This has led to the destruction of shipping routes, long distance communications, and basically isolationism to all the world's countries. Enter our unknowing hero, Gunzou Chihiya. He is attending a naval academy, and while on a field trip to a restricted area, they discover the I 401, a captured alien submarine. When he puts his hand on the hull, the ship comes to life. The next day a mysterious girl appears at school, and tells Genzou that she is the AI of the ship, and that she is to obey his orders. So a Fog vessel fighting against the Fog, but not exactly with the humans either. The idea these ships are commanded by AI in the form of girls isn't a BAD concept, but after the 2nd episode, I'm worried this will turn into some weird harem show. Still worth checking out for the animation alone, as I thought it was pretty cool.

Samurai Flamenco: If you grew up in the 80s, you probably watched The Greatest American Hero, a show about a guy that gets a power superhero suit, and fumbles his way around with his FBI sidekick. Well, that's the first thing I thought while watching this. No, there are no alien costumes, and no true superpowers, but the basis is there. Masayoshi Hazama yearns to be a hero, except really, he sucks at it, and the crimes he fights consist of jaywalkers and smokers in non-smoking areas, but he gets his ass beat by said drunk jaywalker. The premise sounds foolish, but it's delivery is humorous. Enter his cop sidekick Hidenori Goto, who runs into our naked hero in an alley. Due to circumstances, the two actually become friends, even if it's reluctant friendship on Hidenori's part. So far, I've enjoyed it, and it's worth checking out.

Galilei Donna: The opening sequence shows some mecha similar to those in Total Eclipse, destroying a methane-hydrate facility, why? You don't know yet. Anyway, three sisters, Hazuki, Kazuki, and Hozuki all find themselves the victims of attempted kidnappings. They each escape in their own way, and make their way home, only to again be assaulted, along with Mom and Dad as well. Hozuki is a genius, and when the family is attacked the 2nd time, she saves the day in her flying contraption, that just happens to look like a giant flying metal goldfish! Turns out the family are the descendants of Galileo. The bad guys are after Galileo's Inheritance, whatever that happens to be. Through the first two episodes, I wasn't overly amazed by the show, and could probably stop watching it completely and not miss anything, but I think I will continue with it for now, just to see where it goes with the "We got a problem" at the end of episode 2.

A quick word back to Yozakura Quartet, I have some issue in the way this remake is being done, as it's being done in a way that forces the entire cast on you assuming everyone knows who they all are. For newcomers to the series, this can be very distracting, and lead to a disconnect. It almost seems like they want it to be a continuation of the previous series, rather than a reboot, but that's not it, since AO's brother is there.

Overall, this season has brought quite a few shows to my watch list, and they mostly fall on Thursdays. lol It's also brought a couple of forgetaboutits, but that's fine, considering how many are already on the watch list. If not for stinkers, I'd never have time to watch them all. Still a few more to check out as well.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

I watched the 2 episoes of Blue Steel on CR. As you said, really well done graphics and animation, but the storyline was too serious for my taste.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

Outbreak Company: Yes, much like Ixion Saga, I'm enjoying this one so far. No, you can't take it seriously, but it's one of those "It could be worse than to wake up with a cute maid standing there offering to help you....." stories. Though lesson learned kiddies, don't sip tea with people you just met, as they may drug your ass and take you to another dimension, not always with the maids.

Just watched episode 3, and now you have to take it serious. It is still carrying on some of the humor but with the roll out of the terrorist group, and the story interactions on the class system of the society, I dont know if they will be able to keep the same level of humor. To some degree I am thinking I am watching the series Maoyu and fairyland economy and politics.

I am not saying I don't like where its going, I do, but it is a switch from the first few 2 episode.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

Premium Member

to hitachi369
I finished watching the 1st season of My Teenage RomCom SNAFU on Crunchy. I read that an OVA is supposed to be coming but it's not available yet on Crunchy or Nyah for that matter. I hope that a second season is forthcoming.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Almost halfway season bump.

Still watching pretty much everything I've highlighted so far. Pleasantly surprised with several so far.

Nagi no Asukara: This is probably my favorite so far this season. The story is awesome, emotional, and touching, all rolled up in a stunningly animated series that has to be watched. Period. Go, now, watch it if you haven't yet.

Kill la Kill: This one continues to entertain, it's wacky, all over the place animation make this one stand out. It's certainly erratic, and can then be off-putting to some, but for me, is one of the tops for this season.

My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy: This one is great, for the ridiculously themed premise, to how zany the options are, just make this one fun to watch. You don't need to take it the least bit serious, but it's just good.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: I'm enjoying this, and still holding out hope it's not going to go there and become a harem with battleships. I really don't want that, but I still feel it's going to eventually come to that.

Now, the worrisome ones. I've not given up on them, but they really need a kick in the ass to make an impact.

Golden Time: I WANT to love this series. I mean, it's done by the same guy that did Toradora!!! which is one of my favorite series, but it's just not doing it. It was at first, but Kaga Koko is just such a douche that you just can't fall for her. I can buy Banri's stupid character, but he's just sooooo far stupid, I don't hold out hope for him. Like why hasn't he asked Linda WTF? He knows she knows him, so why not just come out and ask? Stupid! So at the end of it all, the story just doesn't make you care enough. I truly hope this improves, because it started out so strong.

Infinite Stratos 2: Ugh, this series has such potential, but it is lost in a mass of giddy lovestruck chicks all pining for an idiot too clueless to see what's going on. Out of 5 episodes, we've had 1 1/2 of kickass story, which makes me mad as hell, because when they do action, it's truly great, and makes you want more, then it just devolves into more lame harem nonsense and you get mad all over again. Yes, I'll keep watching, and hoping for more action and less nonsense.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by captokita:

Still watching pretty much everything I've highlighted so far. Pleasantly surprised with several so far.

Nagi no Asukara: This is probably my favorite so far this season. The story is awesome, emotional, and touching, all rolled up in a stunningly animated series that has to be watched. Period. Go, now, watch it if you haven't yet.

Kill la Kill: This one continues to entertain, it's wacky, all over the place animation make this one stand out. It's certainly erratic, and can then be off-putting to some, but for me, is one of the tops for this season.

My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy: This one is great, for the ridiculously themed premise, to how zany the options are, just make this one fun to watch. You don't need to take it the least bit serious, but it's just good.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: I'm enjoying this, and still holding out hope it's not going to go there and become a harem with battleships. I really don't want that, but I still feel it's going to eventually come to that.

Now, the worrisome ones. I've not given up on them, but they really need a kick in the ass to make an impact.

Golden Time: I WANT to love this series. I mean, it's done by the same guy that did Toradora!!! which is one of my favorite series, but it's just not doing it. It was at first, but Kaga Koko is just such a douche that you just can't fall for her. I can buy Banri's stupid character, but he's just sooooo far stupid, I don't hold out hope for him. Like why hasn't he asked Linda WTF? He knows she knows him, so why not just come out and ask? Stupid! So at the end of it all, the story just doesn't make you care enough. I truly hope this improves, because it started out so strong.

Infinite Stratos 2: Ugh, this series has such potential, but it is lost in a mass of giddy lovestruck chicks all pining for an idiot too clueless to see what's going on. Out of 5 episodes, we've had 1 1/2 of kickass story, which makes me mad as hell, because when they do action, it's truly great, and makes you want more, then it just devolves into more lame harem nonsense and you get mad all over again. Yes, I'll keep watching, and hoping for more action and less nonsense.

Amusing that out of the shows you've listed here, I'm watching almost all of them (I'm not watching "My Mental Choices" ATM)

Nagi no Asukara is a wonderfully animated show, it looks like a living, breathing painting, especially the underwater scenes, but the melodrama is so thick at times that you need a chainsaw to cut it. It's a nice change of pace series for me but yipes, emotional roller coaster ahoy.

Kill La Kill Oh dear god is this series fun, retro art style, loud banging music, character costumes that are simple yet stand out and dialogue that makes me giggle.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel This series feels like it was designed by two distinctly different teams. Dark oppressive themes that are suddenly discarded for random cheesecake shots Hello Haruna in your underwear its fun but I've gotta say I'm enjoying the manga for this one much more.

Golden Time See, with this series I have to respectfully disagree, Kaga Koko is a "princess" who expects everyone and everything to bend to her whims exactly. Tada Banri is someone who shows some spine to her, yet is still nice to her and I think that interests her, don't forget Tada's circumstances (accident and resulting amnesia, though that whole "ghost of Tada Banri thing is weird) make things especially difficult for him. Linda? Oh god I so want to punt her in the face, esp. after episode five...

Infinite Stratos 2 The trick to this series to remember that they've essential turned the harem dial "up to eleven" (and broke off the knob) In fact whenever they actually put anything into this that resembles a *plot* you're left wondering what the heck that five minutes of non-harem stuff was...

One series that I'm still hanging on to:

I Couldn't Become a Hero, so I Reluctantly Got A Job this is an ironic title because it times it feels like a job watching this because the series lacks direction (and this is after five episodes) It just seems determined to bash you over the head with every harem trope there is. That's on top of boring you with business minutiae that only an economics geek would care about.

NefCanuck

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369

Premium Member

said by NefCanuck:

said by captokita:

Amusing that out of the shows you've listed here, I'm watching almost all of them (I'm not watching "My Mental Choices" ATM)

Nagi no Asukara is a wonderfully animated show, it looks like a living, breathing painting, especially the underwater scenes, but the melodrama is so thick at times that you need a chainsaw to cut it. It's a nice change of pace series for me but yipes, emotional roller coaster ahoy.

Kill La Kill Oh dear god is this series fun, retro art style, loud banging music, character costumes that are simple yet stand out and dialogue that makes me giggle.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel This series feels like it was designed by two distinctly different teams. Dark oppressive themes that are suddenly discarded for random cheesecake shots Hello Haruna in your underwear its fun but I've gotta say I'm enjoying the manga for this one much more.

Golden Time See, with this series I have to respectfully disagree, Kaga Koko is a "princess" who expects everyone and everything to bend to her whims exactly. Tada Banri is someone who shows some spine to her, yet is still nice to her and I think that interests her, don't forget Tada's circumstances (accident and resulting amnesia, though that whole "ghost of Tada Banri thing is weird) make things especially difficult for him. Linda? Oh god I so want to punt her in the face, esp. after episode five...

Infinite Stratos 2 The trick to this series to remember that they've essential turned the harem dial "up to eleven" (and broke off the knob) In fact whenever they actually put anything into this that resembles a *plot* you're left wondering what the heck that five minutes of non-harem stuff was...

One series that I'm still hanging on to:

I Couldn't Become a Hero, so I Reluctantly Got A Job this is an ironic title because it times it feels like a job watching this because the series lacks direction (and this is after five episodes) It just seems determined to bash you over the head with every harem trope there is. That's on top of boring you with business minutiae that only an economics geek would care about.

NefCanuck

Hit.

Yowapeda - This show is starting to slide for me, I like the character growth the initial episodes. They are hitting the tech side of cycling rather hard and it's not a particular interest for me. It will be nice when he gets a real bike and dumps the mommy bike. But I like the story. I am a sucker for coming of age stories.

Golden Time - I like the series, the ghost thing is kind of creepy and caught me off guard. Otherwise it seems like a standard SOL/Love triangle series. I like it.

Samurai Flamenco - This could be an awesome show but it feels like there is something missing. Like we are skipping something really important but I can't put my finger on it. Either way it's an everyday man superhero movie. It is fun and funny. It's the first one I watch on my loaded Thursdays.

Outbreak Company - I like this series, they are convey some tough topics, class based society, ect. But it is still a really funny and fun series. I am learning a lot about the ecchi art form without it being ecchi, which is nice.

Ehh.

Galilei Donna - It seems this show is trying to be something it's not, but I don't know what it's trying to be or what it actually is.

Kill la Kill - Very explody, I watch it because it seems like the hot thing, but I can't say that I like it. I don't hate it, it's just there.

Log Horizon - I don't know what this series is trying to be, I can tell it's only on air because of the success of SAO, but I find I don't care about any of the characters. They are in an environment where they are immortal, what is the risk? What are they fighting for?

Nagi no Asukara - I just started this on the recommendation of captokita See Profile so far it is alright, tonight I should be able to watch a few more episodes as I am only on episode 1. That should give me a better standing on the series.

Miss.

Diabolik Lovers - Horrible series, there are no redeeming qualities.

Miss Monochrome - This is a short series. It can be humorous and less than 5 minutes an episode there is little lost. I can say I care for any of the characters, which is a problem.

Ace of the Diamond - Sports series where the main character hasn't done his specialty since the start of the series. I understand they are trying to build up to it, but they are losing me.

Meganebu - No reoccurring story arch besides glasses and x-ray glasses. I am still watching it and it's not horrible.

Coppelion - Post apocalyptic world, or city of Tokyo. I am 3 episodes behind. I don't know if I'll catch up. There is no back story on the main characters, and I don't care about them.

I couldn't become a hero... - The ecchi and no story. The humor is sliding as well. At least there hasn't been any new tentacle rape.

Still outstanding.

Valrave the liberator - watched 5 minutes of the new season, man...

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

That emotion is exactly why I like the series so much, and a reason I watch so much anime over American series. The fact they can convey soooo much emotion through something animated, is simply astounding. You feel for the characters, and the trials they're all dealing with.
quote:
I fully understand her character, but it doesn't make you want to have anyone fall for her, that's bad. Banri hasn't shown a spine to her, he blindly follows her around like a dog, because he likes her. As I said, I WANT to love this series, because I have high hopes for it, but it's just missing something right now.
said by hitachi369:

Golden Time - I like the series, the ghost thing is kind of creepy and caught me off guard. Otherwise it seems like a standard SOL/Love triangle series. I like it.

Well, it's not somuch a "ghost" as it is his true persona - the part that he lost to the amnesia. Disembodied persona? =) Curious where they intend to go with it though.
quote:
Valrave the liberator - watched 5 minutes of the new season, man...
LOL! Yeah, that's about my take on it as well, and I'm current with it!
captokita

captokita to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Oh, another thing I picked up, thanks to Neon Alley:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: I downloaded the first episode of this when it first came out but never watched it. I ASSUMED it was just some cutesy, bubbly, magical girl series, and I couldn't be more wrong. First, let me say, the dub is HORRENDOUS! It was because of this horrendous dub now showing Fridays @ 9:30PM on Neon Alley, that I decided to track it down and get the subtitled version to watch. This past week was episode #3 where Mami gets her head removed by a witch and I was like "Whoah! This series isn't bubbley, cutesy, magical girl stuff! So I watched the next two episodes subbed, and thought "Aaaahhhhh, muuuuuch better! No whiny, blow your brains out annoyingly whiny voices!!!!" Why do dubbing companies insist on making young girls sooooo whiny? If the VAs can't make a decent child voice, hire a child actor to do it! Sheesh!

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

"But that's what Americans want!"

Or at least that's their normal excuse...

/M
mackey

mackey to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

Gundam Build Fighters

You neglected to mention that it's also a parody of pretty much the entire Gundam franchise.

Begin Plavsky particle dispersal!

/M

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

said by hitachi369:

Well, it's not somuch a "ghost" as it is his true persona - the part that he lost to the amnesia. Disembodied persona? =) Curious where they intend to go with it though.

But is it really his true persona or just another representation of a possible form that is Banri. As that is Banri's whole crux as far as why he does not wanting talk to Linda or any of his old friends. That he may remember who he was and losing who he is now.

I would have liked it better if there was no astral Banri, but maybe it will play out better in the end.
hitachi369

hitachi369

Premium Member

Well this week we got more back story on Banri and Linda. There were also confessions like crazy. Well now it appears that Banri and the red head are now an item and Linda is now all emotional as she feels the whole thing is her fault. This added some spice that the series needed.

I also watched Samurai Flamenco which had a good week. I like the direction they are going.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by hitachi369:

Well this week we got more back story on Banri and Linda. There were also confessions like crazy. Well now it appears that Banri and the red head are now an item and Linda is now all emotional as she feels the whole thing is her fault. This added some spice that the series needed.

Gotta say Linda is definitely not winning any points with me with her actions here. I mean seriously claiming that she didn't approach Banri after the accident because she was scared it was "her fault". You want scared? Try waking up after an accident and not even knowing who you are...

As to the other big development, I want to say this isn't an early trolling, but I dunno Koko literally throwing herself at Banri like that after friendzoning him so hard that she may as well have tattooed "FRIEND" on his head? Hrm....

NefCanuck

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Samurai Flamenco - Really slow start to the series. I wasn't sure I'd continue after the 1st 2 episodes, but by episode 3, I was hooked.

I love the character design, even though they haven't featured enough female characters for my taste. Also, the ending song is really good.
juilinsandar

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Valvrave The Liberator - I started watching from episode 1 last night. I'm watching it on Hulu+, and even with an annoying pacifist, and gutless in some respects, main character, it's really entertaining despite all the danged commercial breaks.

I like the character design and CG. If only it had the amount of skin that "Freezing" would show then it'd be almost perfect.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by juilinsandar:

Valvrave The Liberator - I started watching from episode 1 last night. I'm watching it on Hulu+, and even with an annoying pacifist, and gutless in some respects, main character, it's really entertaining despite all the danged commercial breaks.

Then you get to season 2 and you say "Da fuk happened????"

And I hate hulu, with all the flippin ads they show, it's worse than regular TV!!!!

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

Premium Member

to hitachi369
After viewing episode 10 of Valvrave, it makes me think that all the pilots should've read the contract before clicking "yes". Haruto was lucky that Saki was the one there and not Thunder.
juilinsandar

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Oreshura - 1st 2 episodes have some really funny parts. I'm enjoying the comedy after catching up with Valvrave.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

said by NefCanuck:

That emotion is exactly why I like the series so much, and a reason I watch so much anime over American series. The fact they can convey soooo much emotion through something animated, is simply astounding. You feel for the characters, and the trials they're all dealing with.

I caught up with this series, well minus the one that airs today in a few hours.

I like it, it does have some forced drama, but they play it off well and it doesn't negatively impact the story. Thank you for the suggestion.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to mackey

Premium Member

to mackey
said by mackey:

said by captokita:

Gundam Build Fighters

You neglected to mention that it's also a parody of pretty much the entire Gundam franchise.

I wouldn't call it a parody, it's a blatant commercial for gunpla kits. They pull it off by saying that all the gundam series exist to fans, and thus they created the gunpla battles to make people buy more models. Take the Strike, add a booster, some weapons from another Gundam, and viola! You have Strike Custom! You can do it too! So go buy more models, and swap parts around to make your own custom!

I enjoy it, it's telling that I find more enjoyment from this than I EVER did from AGE.

If they ever created an actual game like this where I could take actual models and control them like they were real, I would be all over it. Take the X Gundam's sat cannon, add in Strike Freedom's Dragoon system, toss in a OO-Raiser-like backpack, and a dual-cannon blaster like Wing Gundam, and you have one badass Gundam. =)
captokita

captokita to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Speaking of Gundam, a reminder that gundaminfo on youtube is also showing the remastered HD versions of SEED and DESTINY. The remastered Strike/Aegis fight is frickin AWESOME. Destiny however doesn't look much different, you can see bits that were added in SEED, but nothing stands out in Destiny, save some minor song changes, and a couple of re-animated parts, but not nearly as much as SEED had. SEED also cut out all the recap episodes. Destiny is airing now, and they just showed "Nightmare" They are also playing Gundam 00, both seasons. So if you are in need of a Gundam fix, there you go. I just rewatched season 2 of 00. Each episode has a couple of gunpla ads in them, but you can just skip them if you want, they're in the video. SEED's are at the end, 00's are midway through.
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by captokita:

Speaking of Gundam, a reminder that gundaminfo on youtube is also showing the remastered HD versions of SEED and DESTINY. The remastered Strike/Aegis fight is frickin AWESOME. Destiny however doesn't look much different, you can see bits that were added in SEED, but nothing stands out in Destiny, save some minor song changes, and a couple of re-animated parts, but not nearly as much as SEED had. SEED also cut out all the recap episodes. Destiny is airing now, and they just showed "Nightmare" They are also playing Gundam 00, both seasons. So if you are in need of a Gundam fix, there you go. I just rewatched season 2 of 00. Each episode has a couple of gunpla ads in them, but you can just skip them if you want, they're in the video. SEED's are at the end, 00's are midway through.

I honestly just want the last Unicorn gundam episode and more UC gundam in general. I would like the next gundam series to not be there just to sell model kits and feature a bunch of lame gundams, uninteresting characters and have a poor plot too. That would be nice.

Nothing really compares to UC gundam, IMO

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369

Premium Member

So what does everyone think about the most recent episode of Samurai Flamenco? That change of pace and realism. I know its a bad thing when I am hoping that this is a dream sequence.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

Haven't kept up with SF, it's on my "To catch up on" list. Speaking of that, here's one I didn't mention, but last week played catch up on, and am loving it.

Unbreakable Machine Doll: This one is being streamed by Funimation Mondays. Raishin Akabane is a student puppeteer from Japan, who transfers to Walpurgis Royal Academy of Machine Arts with his doll Yaya. Yaya is a lifelike doll, possessing fighting abilities thanks to magical circuits that aid her in her combat. The puppeteer issues commands through spells, kind of like the command spells in Fate:Zero. The goal is for Raishin to compete in the 100 student battle tournament to win the title of "Wiseman". Action, mixed with some interesting storytelling help this one out, and is overall a really good series, and worth checking out.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369

Premium Member

Well it wasn't a dream sequence. The transition wasn't as bad as I originally thought it would be however. I am still disappointed in the new direction, as I thought episodes up to 7.5 were brilliantly done. I may end up eating crow after is all said in done, only time will tell.

On a different track Golden Time is doing ok. I am bummed that Koga is getting left behind. If I had to guess I would say she saw Banri and Linda's interaction on the patio We have also gotten a bit of back story on Linda and Banri, we have also had another visit from the spectral Banri. He has also found that he can take control of the body as Banri sleeps. I see a lot of sleepless nights in his future. I also feel for Linda as she will have a boy friend that is only with her part of the day in soul but there all the time in body. I don't know how I feel about this.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
said by captokita:

So go buy more models, and swap parts around to make your own custom!

With the proliferation of cheap 3D printers they may be in trouble soon. Why buy expensive models to swap parts from when you can just File->Print your own truly custom parts?

/M

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

Premium Member

to hitachi369
I've started watching Tamako Market on the anime network VOD. I love the quality of the production. The look of the characters reminded me of the style of K-on. So I searched wikipedia and found out that it's produced by kyoto animation who is also responsible for Haruhi, Lucky Star and of course k-on. So it's got great pedigree.

Anyway it's cute, funny and entertaining.