spc
uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

1 edit

mikedz4

[DIRECTV] getting directv question about satellite location

I am getting directv installed tomorrow. I can see every satellite except 110 and 119 from the corner of my porch. In order to get 110 and 119 the dish would have to be placed 50 feet away to shoot over the apartment complex.
I already turned in my deposit as required in my lease but they can't be mounted on the roof only so that they don't have to be mowed around.
Also there can't be any holes in the building how would they get around this?
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc

you may only need 99-101-103 depends on your Locals channels are located if you need 119 (Nothing on 110) also depends on what level of service you have as well.

The local installer will work it out

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

will they charge extra since my apartment requires a ground pole mount?
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

they might usually it is 50 buckls
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to mikedz4

to mikedz4
Let us know how it goes!

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

excellent. the guy was really nice. He ran the cable underground 2 feet down. Then he ran it through the window with a flat cable then he ran it along the wall behind the couch past the windows to the tv. Then he split it off and ran one to the genie box (older style huge box) then ran the other through the hallway( along the baseboard) into the bedroom for the genie mini.
So far I love directv just worried that the landlord will complain about the satellite being 25 feet away from the building instead of close to the building. But that is the closest we could get a signal. It is still next to the sidewalk.
Had to pay $50 for pole mount and $10 for flat cable.
Only thing is he only gave us one channel lineup.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Private or pub;ic sidewalk? Public could be a vandalism (or just whack it out of alignment) issue.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

it's about 2" away from the sidewalk.