All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bigglesworth
join:2011-02-22
Santa Barbara, CA

Bigglesworth

How can I call if this tower is 4G or just 3G?

»www.antennasearch.com/si ··· number=1

Im looking into going with a plan that uses Sprint as its data provider. Im trying to gather as much info as I can before taking the jump (or is I should) from Verizon. Thanks.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

You can goto

»coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

Then enter the address for the tower and then click the DATA tab, then select between LTE and 3G.

I popped the tower address in and it appears to me that it only has 3G (EVDO), neither LTE nor WiMax show up on that map.

It *could* still have it, lately the maps don't seem to be showing every place that is already live... so the only way to be really sure is to get a hold of a 4G sprint device and take it to the area and see... but if sprints maps are updated it is 3G (evdo) only.
Bigglesworth
Santa Barbara, CA

Bigglesworth

Thanks,

However coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp is useless and outdated. I cant rely on it to be accurate at all. I know people get sprint coverage up here, but it shows nothing on that map, or others that Ive tried.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by Bigglesworth:

I cant rely on it to be accurate at all. I know people get sprint coverage up here, but it shows nothing on that map, or others that Ive tried.

It shows 3G(EVDO) coverage... do you mean you know people who get 4G-LTE coverage?

If you are showing no coverage (3G or 4G) I suspect you might have javascript disabled or similar... enable for that page and you should see the 3G coverage.

It is true that the 4G-LTE can be lit up in an area before it is on the map, I think they turn them up before the scheduled time so the maps don't present it correctly.

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

1 recommendation

BKayrac to Bigglesworth

Premium Member

to Bigglesworth
Do some research here,

»s4gru.com/

Donators to the website also get special access to an area that shows completed towers and other things.

You could also try using this,

»sensorly.com/
Bigglesworth
Santa Barbara, CA

Bigglesworth to dib22

to dib22

It shows coverage, but not in places I know get coverage. That goes for 3G, 4G WiMax and LTE. The map range from a very rough estimate to flat-out wrong. So I cant rely on that map. Thats why Im doing it manually by a tower search.
Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth to BKayrac

to BKayrac
Ill check out s4gru, thanks.

Sadly sensorly.com is also unreliable. A simple 3G search for my area (and yes the right carrier) turned up nothing. Its not like its a new area, Ive been using 3G in my area (and 100s of others im sure) for over two years. How can I rely on that level of accuracy?

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac

Premium Member

said by Bigglesworth:

Ill check out s4gru, thanks.

Sadly sensorly.com is also unreliable. A simple 3G search for my area (and yes the right carrier) turned up nothing. Its not like its a new area, Ive been using 3G in my area (and 100s of others im sure) for over two years. How can I rely on that level of accuracy?

Well sensorly relies completely on user data.

So if no one uses it in your area, there won't be anything mapped.

I think s4gru will be what you are looking for. As long as you don't mind sending some money their way for a donation.