uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Just Played Dead Island Riptide...Uninstalled Soon After

What an absolute horrible pile of dogshit.

I'm just here to warn anyone wondering about trying it because of the Steam "Free Weekend".

Save yourself the time, bandwidth, and hard drive space.

It's amazing that games are still produced and fully released this day and age that are this un-optimized.

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet
That blows. I hate it when I load up a game only to find that it sucks. Downloading games sure beat the old days of buying a ton of Bargain Bin games, hoping to find a jewel.
--
Games - NorF;Cal -

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
reply to Ghastlyone
I'm glad this was a humblebundle purchase for me, looks like I won't be installing it.

EQ
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Ghastlyone
I tried to give it a fair shot. The game was running really bad, So I figured when I finally got past the first level and to the island area, maybe it would run better.

So about half way through the 1st level on the ship, the game crashes to desktop.

That's when I said, screw this and uninstalled.

I figured this one might have been at least a little better than the first game. Nope. It's worse. For a game that falls graphically between mediocre and good and then runs like shit too, is pretty laughable.

Controls are just as sloppy as the first game.

All the zombies I encountered made the exact same sound. Non stop. If that's indicative of what the rest of game has to offer, no thanks.

I was hoping the "deteriorating" weapon gimmick was scrapped in this second title. Nope. Still there.

Besides the terrible voice acting, the audio is fucked on top of it. You'll get loud voices during one sentence, then the next sentence by another NPC is barely audible.

I can't believe this game released with a $50 price tag.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
Haha. I figured. I got the original on one of the steam sales but never played it. That bad, huh?
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by bionicRod:

Haha. I figured. I got the original on one of the steam sales but never played it. That bad, huh?

I did too. I would love to have my $4.99 back.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Ghastlyone
Thanks for the heads up.

Blake 7

@virginmedia.com
Personally I quite like the game, yes it does have a few issues but never had a crash & it runs really well on a decent system.

I find it a great stress & anger reliever, the graphics are decent & I found it a lot more enjoyable than the snoozefest that was far cry 3.

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to Ghastlyone
The thing with this game is that people get it thinking it's a FPS Action game, but it isn't. it's a Melee RPG and get frustrated at the game. That's like saying that Minecraft has crappy graphics.

Dead Island and Riptide are good games and there's nothing wrong with them if you treat them as melee RPG adventures.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by Stewy:

The thing with this game is that people get it thinking it's a FPS Action game, but it isn't. it's a Melee RPG and get frustrated at the game. That's like saying that Minecraft has crappy graphics.

Dead Island and Riptide are good games and there's nothing wrong with them if you treat them as melee RPG adventures.

Dude...it really doesn't matter if the game is strictly a shooter, melee combat, role playing, or whatever you want to call it.

It's a shitty, overpriced, unoptimized mess.

said by Blake 7 :

I find it a great stress & anger reliever, the graphics are decent & I found it a lot more enjoyable than the snoozefest that was far cry 3.

You sir are delusional. Comparing this piece of crap to Far Cry 3?

LOL

Blake 7

@virginmedia.com
Well you are entitled to your opinion & I to mine.

The game runs fine on my system & on friends systems & yes I did find far cry 3 utterly boring, no characters you cared about, graphics weren't that great even set to maximum & the crafting just bored me senseless & just felt bolted on. Combat also sucked.

At least with dead island & riptide you can have a laugh with a few mates online.

And yes I might be delusional but that is due to my paranoid schizophrenia