Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to Post Op

Premium Member

to Post Op

Re: Increasing RAM Really helps.

For me, if it doesn't come from OWC, it doesn't exist.

I've done many upgrades from them over the years and have never, ever had a failure or incompatibility. Ever. Great company - if they say it'll work, it'll work.

Sebehk
USN Retired, 1993-2013, yvan eht nioj
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Pueblo, CO

1 edit

Sebehk

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

For me, if it doesn't come from OWC, it doesn't exist.

I've previously purchased RAM upgrades from RAMJET, but I've always returned to OWC for all of my Mac Pro 1,1 upgrades. This is how I've managed to keep my Mac Pro "alive" since August 2006. My Mac Pro was made obsolete when MacOS X 10.8 was released. When Xcode 5 was released last week, the final nail was driven into the coffin.
--->Robert
8-)
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

Kearnstd to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy
I just ended up with DDR3 laptop memory from the Tigerdirect/CompUSA. They had the same exact memory in a box that said "For Mac" an extra $20.

On a side note I doubt I will use that store again, Not because the memory is bad(zero issues), But because holy hell the staff hover like vultures. Browsing is nearly impossible.

I will however end up at OWC for my optical kit when I get an SSD. Speaking of, are the OWC SSDs any good or is that something still best ordered from Newegg? as in how do the OWC drives compare to Intel, Samsung, etc.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by Kearnstd:

I just ended up with DDR3 laptop memory from the Tigerdirect/CompUSA. They had the same exact memory in a box that said "For Mac" an extra $20.

On a side note I doubt I will use that store again, Not because the memory is bad(zero issues), But because holy hell the staff hover like vultures. Browsing is nearly impossible.

I will however end up at OWC for my optical kit when I get an SSD. Speaking of, are the OWC SSDs any good or is that something still best ordered from Newegg? as in how do the OWC drives compare to Intel, Samsung, etc.

I have OWC SSD's in both 'his' and 'hers' iMacs .... They scream. Reviews are usually quite positive everywhere I've seen them.

kerriskandie
join:2001-10-09
Coram, NY

kerriskandie

I have a Seagate hybrid, and Samsung SSD,....

The Hybrid is quick.......one drive died, Seagate replaced it, foc, with an upgraded Hybrid....no problems, the Samsung SSD....only 128GB, flies.......but, the Hybrid isn't leagues behind it!!

I use Crucial for RAM.....never had a problem.......