spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Famous Kickstarter Turns Into Complete Disaster

Were you one of the 9000 people who gave money to the Kickstarter for CLANG, a swordfighting game whose campaign was fronted by sci-fi novelist Neal Stephenson? Then I'm sorry.

»kotaku.com/famous-kickst ··· 52054852

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

This would be nice if Lord Gaben, blessing of steak be upon him, says "woah this would be a good game" spends some Valve money, and pretty much venture capitalists it.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to TigerLord

to TigerLord
And this was only $500,000.

I hope the $20,000,000, so far, for Star Citizen garners results.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

1 recommendation

TigerLord

Unlike CLANG, SC had a playable prototype that was showcased at many game conferences so far. The initial trailers had a lot of game assets already finished and showcased, and the sci-fi sim model is not brand new and doesn't need to be invented from scratch as was the case with CLANG. It just needs to be brought back to satisfy the legions of nerds, and then innovated if possible.

I don't really fear for SC's release, I just fear it won't be as awesome as all the hype indicates it will be.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

The crew at Shroud of the Avatar are already turning some of the fans bitter. They have stated that in game "real estate" will be limited, then started selling said real estate online, at fairly high prices.
Of course they say it's to raise funding for the game.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Wired article on the subject:

»www.wired.com/gamelife/2 ··· starter/