spc
Search similar:

uniqs

channel 13
@comcast.net

2 edits

channel 13

Anon

[Comcast Equip] 4 next day promises in 3 weeks, no cable box.

My condo upgraded to to HD, I called in and requested 2 HDMI boxes (and bought a couple of large flat screens). I received 1 HD HDMI unit. I've called 3 more times inquiring about the second unit, each time they've discovered that the had not been sent, but they don't know why. Each time they promise to have a box at my home the following day. I wait for a couple days each time, no box. On one of the occasion they sent me an empty carton to send back my old analog unit (which I did the next morning), but no replacement unit.
BUT... they have been charging me for a second unit since my first call, 3 weeks ago. Charging for a unit and service that have not been provided. (OK, it's only $1.99 per month for the first year, but it's the prinicple.)
My next step.... Monday: calls to upper management offices (VPs Butz, Watson, Strahan, Jenckes...)

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

Re: 4 next day promises in 3 weeks, no cable box.

For me I would just drop by and pick up one. It easier and faster.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by Caddyroger:

For me I would just drop by and pick up one. It easier and faster.

Yes, forget about the inept and disrespectful-to-the-customer treatment and just go do their job (that they're being paid for) for them. /sarcasm

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

said by fuziwuzi:

Yes, forget about the inept and disrespectful-to-the-customer treatment and just go do their job (that they're being paid for) for them. /sarcasm

That may be more true than you think.

Maybe Comcast has stumbled upon a new money-saving business tactic, i.e., make the phone-based customer service so bad that the customer gives up and goes to the local office. That will cut down the need for those expensive call centers. And it is a nice positive feedback loop. The more call center funding Comcast cuts, the fewer customers use the call centers, so that means even more call center funding cuts

The same goes for shipping departments. Really, just do not have a shipping department, even though you say you have one. Eventually the customer gets frustrated at not receiving what was supposedly sent, and goes to the local office to pick it up.

What a concept - the financial benefits of poor customer service. After all, as I've been bluntly informed here previously, Comcast is in business not to make customers happy, but only to generate profits for its shareholders.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

I do not count shipping boxes out as customer service. I wish that they did have shipping then may be I would not have to pay $5.00 more a month because some is to lazy to go pick up.

channel 13
@comcast.net

channel 13 to channel 13

Anon

to channel 13

Re: [Cable Box] 4 next day promises in 3 weeks, no cable box.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2013.

I was contacted Monday morning, 9-30-13, by a representative who acknowledged that that there is a problem. Since 9-04-13 I'm being billed for a second outlet and the shipping of 4(!) units that were never actually sent. Apparently each of the 4 orders were entered, but the units were not shipped for unknown reasons. Rather than make a 5th attempt to send a unit to me again (since that doesn't work,) he stated that he would check into having one dropped off by an installer, as Jenny from Tom Karinshak's office had suggested in her phone message on 9-29-13. He stated that he would call me back. He did not call back Monday. Or Tuesday.

I've been waiting for almost a month for a unit that was initially supposed to have arrived on 9-05-13.

As far as the shipping charges, I was told when I ordered the first time that overnight shipping would be free (a special they were running). On the following three occasions I was told the unit would be shipped and arrive in 2-3 days. I explained the original deal to each of the call takers, each one checked and confirmed that the unit could indeed be overnighted at no charge. Yet, they were not sent, and I have been charged for shipping of 4 units. I doubt that I am the only customer with this problem, there is a flaw in the system that must be located.

My request: assign a specific person to follow up, and report back. Comcast has plenty of installers in this area. Have one drop the package off at my condominium building. The guard at the front desk will sign for it, enter it into the log, and insure that I receive it. I do not require an installer to hook it up, I do not have to be home when it's delivered.

Next adjust my bill accordingly, and maybe throw in some free movies (my general cable bill is payed by the condo association).

Can this be done on October 2, or is Comcast planning to wait a couple of more days to make it a full month...
channel 13

1 edit

channel 13 to channel 13

Anon

to channel 13
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:03:20 -0400

My Initial Inquiry: Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:20:16 -0400 :My condo upgraded to to HD, I called in and requested 2 HDMI boxes (and bought a couple of large flat screens). I received 1 HD HDMI unit. I've called 3 more times inquiring about the second unit, each time they've discovered that the had not been sent, but they don't know why. Each time they promise to have a box at my home the following day. I wait for a couple days each time, no box. On one of the occasion they sent me an empty carton to send back my old analog unit (which I did the next morning), but no replacement unit.
BUT... they have been charging me for a second unit since my first call, 3 weeks ago. Charging for a unit and service that have not been provided. (OK, it's only $1.99 per month for the first year, but it's the principle.)

Comcast Response:Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:20:16 -0400
To: (email removed) @hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Comments for (personal information removed)

Dear Mr. (removed)

Thank you for contacting the Office of Tom (removed), my name is Jenny. I will be more than happy to help you. I certainly apologize for the difficulty you’ve experienced with not receiving the second HD box. I’ve had a similar situation myself, so I can definitely understand your frustration.

We reached out to you by phone but were unable to speak with you directly.

In order to further assist you I will need to verify some additional information. We ask this for the protection and security of your account. Could you please respond back to this email with the following information or send some available times for us to call you?

Full Address where service is provided AND
Account Number

Once this information is received, we will be able to review your account details and work towards resolving your issue as quickly as possible.

I know that your experience has prompted you to strongly consider a decision of whether or not to switch to another provider. You are a valued customer here at Comcast and we would definitely like to retain your business. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to reach a resolution for you.

Thank you,

Jenny
Office of Tom (removed)

My Reply:
Hi Jenny,
Thanks for contacting me. Sorry I missed your call (it was a beach day), I will be home for the rest of the day. I will be home tomorrow (Monday), I'm having some work done in my condo that I must be present for.
I appreciate your help, I've been getting nowhere by calling Comcast. Everyone I've spoken to has been friendly and tried to be helpful, but there's an obvious communication problem somewhere in the system. Odd for a communications company.
(Included personal info: Name, account number, address, phone.

My Next Response:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2013.

I was contacted Monday morning, 9-30-13, by a representative who acknowledged that that there is a problem. Since 9-04-13 I'm being billed for a second outlet and the shipping of 4(!) units that were never actually sent. Apparently each of the 4 orders were entered, but the units were not shipped for unknown reasons. Rather than make a 5th attempt to send a unit to me again (since that doesn't work,) he stated that he would check into having one dropped off by an installer, as Jenny from Tom (removed) office had suggested in her phone message on 9-29-13. He stated that he would call me back. He did not call back Monday. Or Tuesday.

I've been waiting for almost a month for a unit that was initially supposed to have arrived on 9-05-13.

As far as the shipping charges, I was told when I ordered the first time that overnight shipping would be free (a special they were running). On the following three occasions I was told the unit would be shipped and arrive in 2-3 days. I explained the original deal to each of the call takers, each one checked and confirmed that the unit could indeed be overnighted at no charge. Yet, they were not sent, and I have been charged for shipping of 4 units. I doubt that I am the only customer with this problem, there is a flaw in the system that must be located.

My request: assign a specific person to follow up, and report back. Comcast has plenty of installers in this area. Have one drop the package off at my condominium building. The guard at the front desk will sign for it, enter it into the log, and insure that I receive it. I do not require an installer to hook it up, I do not have to be home when it's delivered.

Next adjust my bill accordingly, and maybe throw in some free movies (my general cable bill is payed by the condo association).

Can this be done on October 2, or is Comcast planning to wait a couple of more days to make it a full month...

Comcast Reply:

Comcast rep. from Miramar office called around 9:45 am Wednesday, stated the orders appear and were charged, but incorrectly entered by staff each of the 4 times, resulting in failure to ship. He asked if I could pick up a box at a Comcast office. Or they could send me one.

As I seriously question whether they have the ability to ship, I explained again the concept of having an installer drop off the unit at my address. If I am unavailable, the installer can leave it with the desk attendant, who signs for and logs in all deliveries at this building. I asked this be accomplished today, as the order was initiated Sept 4. He eventually acquiesced.

He called back within 10 minutes to tell me they could not drop off. I would have to make an appointment for an installer and be at home when the installer arrives.

Approx 1 hour later, while I was conducting business on the internet, my internet service went out, and my home paged was hijacked to a Comcast activation page, stating I had to enter info and reactivate the modem and set top box I already have (no mention of any other) and that my service would be out for up to 30 minutes!

Comcast interrupted my service why? Interrupted my business?

The page directed me to submit any question on their page. Response: "Page not working."

I called the rep back, his message said I could leave a message or he could be reached at an 800 number. The 800 number was joke, I've called his other number several times with no response, not even the pre-recorded message.

No resolution.

ComcastVic
Comcast Vic
Premium Member
join:2013-01-16
Philadelphia, PA

ComcastVic

Premium Member

Good afternoon,
My apologies for the ongoing poor experience with us here, please private message me with your best contact number. Our executive office have been trying to reach you but no contact have been established. I will await your reply, thanks -Vic
channel 13
join:2013-10-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL

channel 13

PM'ed Comcast Vic the evening he posted (above). Acct number, and complaint number, etc.
No response.
No cable box.
One month.
They must be quite busy, I'm sure I'm not the only person complaining about being charged repeatedly for a box that was never sent.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

3 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

Bet he answers monday, Probably off friday. Not everyone works 24-7 and most people here will verify comcast vic is the best. You need to give him a chance tho and understand even he has days off once in a while. He posted thursday afternoon and today is saturday. Pretty sure he doesnt work weekends and does deserve a day off once in a while. I would suggest you post in the direct forum tho. In the direct forum you can feel free to post and only you and he will see it. Mainly a phone number for him to reach you. Comcast installers will have equipment. They dont carry self install kits which is what you are asking for. They also dont drop equipment off to a doorman. Unlike the mail, where the mail is responsible for it. The tech is responsible for it. If you want a tech to be responsible for it you need to be there so the tech can have YOU sign for it. No tech in his correct mind is going to drop it with a door man knowing they are responsible to pay for it if it doesnt get to you.

falcor
@comcast.net

falcor

Anon

I second it give him a chance...The people at 1800 comcast are usually pretty terrible but I have found the people at the executive office in Philly are pretty awesome at getting stuff done don't stop until they do.
channel 13
Fort Lauderdale, FL

channel 13 to channel 13

to channel 13
Numbers:

36: days since I ordered
4: times I was told it would be overnighted, free shipping
4: times I was charged for shipping for:
4: units that were not shipped
1: month I've been charged for the unit I don't have (service)
75: days 'til Christmas

Which will come first, a delivery from Comcast or Christmas?

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

did you hear from the executive office?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to channel 13

Premium Member

to channel 13
Watch out concerning that unit you don't have but are being charged for. The last thing you need is to be charged for "unreturned equipment" -- that you don't have.

Even 'tho Comcast Vic posted here, have you tried posting on the Comcast Direct forum??

For your question: my vote is on Christmas arriving first.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to channel 13

Premium Member

to channel 13
I agree, Comcast has horrible customer support. I am seriously thinking of going back to Fios, the only think keeping me is Comcast has more HD channels and better picture quality; but I dread having to call them when I have a problem.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to channel 13

to channel 13
it was posted on the home page that Comcast is running out of x1 boxes. Saying ONLY NEW TRIPLE PLAY customers can get the x1 now

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by mikedz4:

it was posted on the home page that Comcast is running out of x1 boxes. Saying ONLY NEW TRIPLE PLAY customers can get the x1 now

Yes, there's also an article on the MCN site now about this:

Comcast Says X1 Box Distribution Limitations Are Temporary, Isolated
MSO Says It’s Looking To Boost Supply As It Continues to Manage Inventory In High-Demand Markets

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - October 11, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· d/146032
channel 13
Fort Lauderdale, FL

channel 13

Thanks for the responses.
My order wasn't for an X1. I don't require a DVR, just the standard box. I don't require a "kit," just the box (I have HDMI cables). My problem isn't due to a shortage, it's due to a problem in their system and incompetence. One order entered incorrectly, I would understand. Four errors by different people at Comcast: I believe it's a problem in their system.
My entire condo building (those of us who had not yet switched to HD) was upgraded to HD (cable plan through the condo assn.). Instead of sending someone to deliver the required boxes to a building with 150 customers (most with 2-4 TVs), we had to individually call and order. We were told they'd be overnighted at no charge. Once they arrived (I received one of two that I ordered) we were to individually call in to have the HD "turned on." Many in the building bought new HD big screens, and didn't realize for a day or two after their call that they weren't receiving the HD channels. They had to call in again to straighten that out.

Anyone who suggests I just go to one of the Comcast stores is missing the point. I'm obviously not the only person experiencing this problem. The deficiency in their system had to be brought to their attention, and they must correct it or there will be other more angry customers who do not receive their orders, and go through the same circle jerk. So far, I've still not received the box. They tell me they know there's a problem? They haven't fixed it.

As I mentioned, this is a condo contract, paid for through our monthly maintenance fee. If it weren't, I certainly wouldn't be Comcast customer any longer. And I obviously will advise anyone against subscribing to Comcast.

I'd complain to the FCC, and the FTC, but the government is "closed."

Someone tell me, which service has decent programming? For all the money being pumped in, it amazes me cable and Netflix still show the crappiest old B movies repeatedly.

I need cable for news and the financial channels. But, it would be nice to have some decent entertainment.
Pawn shops, "reality TV," midgets, Amish... F'n Vanilla Ice for F's sake!!! I actually saw a channel with several hours devoted to a series about bacon. Sure, bacon is wonderful. But who's watching four straight hours about bacon?

Here's an idea, why not program the History channels with: HISTORY?

It's late, I'm ramblin'. I'm bored and there's nothing on Comcast or Netflix worth watching 'til I fall asleep. Even the On Demand pay per view movies are pathetic. Instead, I'm wired and restless from searching through programming.
And when I do fall asleep, I'll be on the couch. Because I don't have the cable box for the bedroom TV...

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC to channel 13

Premium Member

to channel 13
First world problems
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit

dishrich to channel 13

to channel 13
said by channel 13:

I don't require a DVR...I'm bored and there's nothing on Comcast or Netflix worth watching 'til I fall asleep. Even the On Demand pay per view movies are pathetic.

That's why you GET a DVR...then there is always something on to YOUR liking, when YOU want it! On Demand is NOT a substitute for a DVR; if it (really) was, CC wouldn't have to offer DVR service to begin with...
channel 13
Fort Lauderdale, FL

channel 13 to mikedz4

to mikedz4
It's Saturday, October 19, and I still have not received the unit. A week or two ago I was told my bill had been corrected. I contacted billing again this week and found they were still charging me for shipping of two boxes that weren't shipped (shipping was to be free) and a second outlet that I don't have. The billing rep said she has now taken care of all that. But I've heard that a few times.
I can't comprehend the fact that I still have not received a box. If they can't send it, or deliver it, I'd like some to be upfront and explain why that is. I can't be here during business hours, and this condo does not allow for installers on premises after hours. I don't need another message from Kevin Lewis. They who and where I am, I am a customer in their system.
This week I'll be in New Orleans. I'll return next Friday night. Saturday I'll likely be writing something similar.
channel 13

channel 13 to channel 13

to channel 13
No reply?
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

Have you asked for an appointment and then had them put in the appointment notes about that

WoofieInPC
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

WoofieInPC to channel 13

Premium Member

to channel 13
All the trouble isn't worth it. Go to an office and pick up a box, and be done with it.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

2 recommendations

rody_44 to joejoejeo

Premium Member

to joejoejeo
He said he cant be there normal business hours and his condo doesnt allow after hour tech appointments. Pretty much as much his fault as comcasts. He wants a tech to just drop a box with a doorman. I already explained why a tech probably wont do that. The average person would have just got a free install and made a appointment to have a tech install it. Than you have this guy that insists it being mailed to him. Even tho 4 attempts at that has already failed. Instead he would rather complain how comcast wont send a tech out to install everyone in his building even tho he states he cant be there for the said install.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

If Comcast offers weekends than he could do that. Other than that he could have setup an appointment and have a friend be there

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

unfortunately I think weekends is considered after hours. I don't know of many options for him. Even IF they were to ship him a box they might require a signature unless he trusts his neighbors enough to sign for it for him he won't be there to sign for it.
joejoejeo
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

OK so just go on Saturday to Comcast and get boxes
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
If a tech delivers it, its not just a matter of having a neighbor sign for it. He wants to just have it dropped at the door man. Theres good reason why a tech wont generally just drop it at the door or at a doorman. Its one thing to have the mailman be responsible for it. Its a total other thing to pay a tech to drop it off and the tech be responsible for it. I also doubt we are getting the full story anyway. Probably 99 percent of us has boxes mailed to us from comcast at one time or another with no problems at all.

Ok lets review the first part of the equation. His cable bill was payed thru his association and they only had standard cable. Comcast upgraded the building and went hd with one box included. That part completed without to much of a hiccop.

Now onto the second part where he has to establish a account for additional boxes. The second part seems to be where the problem arises. Just a guess and a question for the OP. Do you by any chance owe comcast money from a account before you moved there? Can a asssociation really legally even stop a installer fom coming into your condo after hours and installing a box on your tv? Maybe the utility closet or something like that. But controlling who you have in your place not touching what they own. I doubt it very much. And even if they cant i doubt your condo wouldnt make special provisions to let someone in to do it for you. Than again you went from complaining they wouldnt send someone out for everyone to not allowing anyone in after hours and than sayyou are never there during hours anyway.
obckilroy
join:2011-11-16

obckilroy to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

unfortunately I think weekends is considered after hours.

Might depends on the area. My area has 2 hour time frames, 7 days a week.