uniqs
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to obckilroy

Premium Member

to obckilroy

Re: [Cable Box] 4 next day promises in 3 weeks, no cable box.

You misunderstood him. Its the condo association that deosnt allow after hour tech visits. Not comcast . They only allow comcast techs to do visits during normal business hours. Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday 8-5, maybe 8-12 on saturdays

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to channel 13

Premium Member

to channel 13
I feel for you! I went thru the same BS with Comcast not that long ago. In my case I was told the boxes (2) WERE delivered. But they weren't, and they had no knowledge of when they were delivered, and who signed for them (? wtf ?) And sure enough on the next bill I was being charged for 2 boxes I didn't have. After numerous calls to the 800 number and Corporate, I was told to just go and get the boxes at my (so called) local office. My so called local office is about 57 miles one way from my house, and only open when I'm at work.
I pay them for their service, and they want me to drive 120 miles to get boxes in order to see what I am paying for?? I don't think so!
I did get it resolved after roughly 50 some days, by constantly pestering Corporate on a daily, and sometimes more than one time in a day on the phone and demanded they deliver these boxes and credit my acct.

I hope you get it worked out soon. I know how I felt when I went thru this crap...and I am sure you are feeling the same.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Sign for them, They drop them at the freakin door when mailed out.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

if someone lives in a sketchy neighborhood couldn't the neighbor take said boxes and use them theirselves?
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

They can take them, but they cant use them as they are off. But mail not delivered is the mails problem
channel 13
join:2013-10-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL

channel 13 to channel 13

to channel 13
There appears to be some progress, I received an email on the 22nd from "TeamExec" stating that they have again adjusted my bill, and they're sending a box that should arrive in 7-10 business days. A far cry from the free overnight shipping I was offered repeatedly since Sept 4, but at least there's a glimmer of hope: my account now shows two similar boxes with different serial numbers. The difference this time is that an actual box is now on record, I'm hoping that means it was shipped. There must be some type of problem in their software that fouls up the priority shipping.

To address Rody_44's comments:
1. I've never had a payment problem. I've been on auto pay with Comcast for years (internet, phone, On Demand, and extra channels that I paid for).

2."Pretty much as much his fault as comcasts." Really.. Perhaps you skimmed and didn't fully read my posts, or perhaps I wasn't clear in my posts (most were made near bedtime on Saturday nights, when I am actually home and missing that bedroom TV). I'm writing this on Saturday afternoon.

I ordered two HD boxes, the rep said he'd overnight them, free. Wow! Great service, I thought, thanks! One arrived the next day. I called in, they had record of the order, but didn't know why the second wasn't shipped. No problem, they'll ship the other. A few days go by, the second box isn't listed on my account page, but; shipping charge, self install kit, and second outlet are all billed.

I called in, each time (4 in total) it was the same thing. I doubt that four reps made the same mistake, maybe it was a software glitch. All reps were friendly and helpful. Each said they couldn't figure out what had happened, but they'd ship one overnight (free) and take the erroneous charges off of my bill, problem rectified. Not exactly: I ended up with each item billed four times, no box sent.
It was at this point I asked "TeamExec" that a box be dropped off. The same desk attendant who signs for all delivered packages (i.e. an overnighted package) would sign for the delivery, I'd receive it when I returned. No "risk."

They wouldn't do it, fine, send me a box, adjust my bill...
Until this week there was no progress.

Comcast Vic must have helped out, He left me a phone message and a message through the forum this week, I received them when I returned last night. I left a message and will call him Monday to thank him, and I thanked him through an IM.

3. When this building switched to Comcast several years ago, a liason put on a presentation, and was available for any problems. I don't recall anyone having problems. Smooth. This time some people have been charged for the HD upgrade and new channels. They then have to call in and explain that those charges were paid by the condo. From what I hear, not everyone is having this problem.

4.Rody_44 says: "Than you have this guy that insists it being mailed to him. Even tho 4 attempts at that has already failed. Instead he would rather complain how comcast wont send a tech out to install everyone in his building even tho he states he cant be there for the said install."

Ahh Rody, we come to the problem that you point out but fail to grasp. Yes, four attempts at mailing the boxes failed. So, there is a problem. A problem in Comcast's system that needs to be corrected or others will suffer the same frustrations and erroneous billing.

The building could have been converted in a couple of days if Comcast had made arrangements. The Condo manager and employees have access to all units, and enter monthly with the exterminator, periodically with the fire alarm system techs, and separately the Fire Marshalls during alarm tests, also during Comcast installation years ago. Many apts here are second homes for snowbirds, nobody's home. In my case, it doesn't matter, I don't require installation, I have HDMI cables, all I need is the box.

And now, for your amusement, look at these two portions of September's bill and see if you understand my frustration:

Self Install Kit - Adjustment
($9.95)09/10
Self Install Kit - Adjustment
($9.95)09/28
Video Sik Priority - Adjustment
($109.80)09/28
Video Self Install Kit - Adjustment
($15.00)09/28
Self Install Kit
$0.0009/10
Self Install Kit
$29.8509/10
Install Fee Video
$0.0009/13
Install Fee
$39.9509/13
Installation
$15.0009/13
Service Discount
($15.00)09/13
Video Self Install Kit
$30.0009/13
Service Discount
($30.00)09/13
Self Install Kit
$19.9009/13
Service Discount
($19.90)09/13
Video Sik Priority
$29.9509/18
Service Discount
($29.95)09/18
Video Sik Priority
$59.9009/23
Video Self Install Kit
$15.0009/29
Total Other Charges & Credits$0.00

EFT PAYMENT ($15.87)
SELF INSTALL KIT - ADJUSTMENT ($9.95)
INSTALL FEE - ADJUSTMENT ($39.95)
SELF INSTALL KIT - ADJUSTMENT ($9.95)
VIDEO SIK PRIORITY - ADJUSTMENT ($29.95)
VIDEO SIK PRIORITY - ADJUSTMENT ($29.95)
HD ADDITIONAL OUTLET SVC - ADJUSTMENT ($5.46)
LOCAL COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE TAX ($0.29)
STATE COMMUNICATIONS SERVICE TAX ($0.50)
STATE SALES TAX ($7.19)
(all of the above charges and adjustments for something I don't have)

Thanks for the posts and IMs, I appreciate it.
And a big thanks to Comcast Vic!

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to channel 13

to channel 13
let us know the outcome and if you receive the boxes
channel 13
join:2013-10-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL

channel 13 to channel 13

to channel 13
It has arrived! One day short of eight weeks. Comcast.....