uniqs

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

[Help] Android Exchange sync not working

Having an issue with a employee who is not receiving emails at home when connected via our exchange server. He has three other accounts (Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo) which all work properly.

I believed the issue was networking since it works just fine when he is at work using 4G and WiFi but not at home. I am connected to the same exchange server via Android 4.3 while he has Android 4.0 (I might be mistaken). However he has sent me a screenshot showing him connected via 4G at home and WiFi with the perpetual syncing showing. At the very same time I have attempted to send an email to my gmail account via my work email on my phone with no problems.

So my troubleshooting is back to the phone. I do have T-mobile while he has Verizon which is the only different factor besides OS and phone type.

DNS issue perhaps? Bug in his version of Android? What other factors should I be looking into to troubleshoot this issue? I have already eliminated the exchange server as the culprit (150+ users with no problems except him and our users are quick to let us know stuff isn't working).

-michieru

djtim21
It's all good
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Lake Villa, IL

djtim21

Premium Member

In the past, Verizon required an add-on for data called "Corporate E-mail". This is only for Exchange, not POP3 or iMAP accounts. This may be why e-mail is not delivering. It will allow you to add the e-mail account, do the original sync, but mail will not flow.

I am not sure if Verizon changed that, and if I remember correctly, it was $10 or $15 bucks extra a month.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

Does not explain why he does not have email issues at his work without WiFi being on. However I will run that test to be sure 100%. Does the corporate email scam fee also include WiFi or do they leave that alone?

djtim21
It's all good
Premium Member
join:2003-12-22
Lake Villa, IL

djtim21

Premium Member

I wouldn't call it a scam per se. Is the charge high for a personal phone? Yes. The company I work for negotiated the price in the data package with Verizon. Generally when I see this issue, I automatically think that the incorrect data package has been applied to that device.

I can't answer the WiFi question for you.

It would also be helpful to list the type of device & Exchange version. Is it rooted or a custom ROM installed? There are issues with ICS and Exchange encryption from custom ROMS, similar to what you are describing as well.

QuakeFrag
Premium Member
join:2003-06-13
NH

QuakeFrag to michieru

Premium Member

to michieru
I had issues with WiFi at home, can't remember what fixed it.

My LAN was 10.x.x.x, which happened to be the same thing as Verizon's private network. Even though I was on WiFi this caused issues with multiple android apps. I'd check that out.

I also had to enable push (automatic) updates. Polling didn't seem to work well for whatever reason.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to djtim21

Premium Member

to djtim21
said by djtim21:

I wouldn't call it a scam per se.

I've never heard of this, sounds like they block it unless you pay. Scam, you're already paying for data.