jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers
join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS

jimbopalmer to Ravi

to Ravi

Re: TL-WA7510N point to point configuration help

»www.tp-link.com/Resource ··· uide.pdf
At your 'main' office you want an AP, so configure as on Page 14 of the PDF, page 8 of the manual.

At your 'remote' office you want client mode, so configure as on page 15 of the PDF, page 9 of the manual.

To configure software, on Page 34 of the PDF both units are in Standard AP mode.

The 'main' unit is configured as an Access Point as on page 25 of the PDF

The 'remote' unit is configured as a Client as on page 29 of the PDF, I prefer to identify the AP by SSID rather than MAC address so if hardware changes, the configuration need not change.

If it was me I would configure with no security until I was sure I had it perfect, then add WPA2 PSK security. I would use WDS.

(My TP-Links do not have "Bridge mode with AP", it is possible this mode would also be a good choice)

If you listed the IP address range you want both buildings to have and the router IP address, I could give more detail, but I can't make that up.

Ravi
@101.221.241.x

Ravi

Anon

Sir thanks for helping me. What's the difference between ap and bridge mode with ap? And which ap should I have to config as bridge mode with ap?

ravi
@airtelbroadband.in

ravi to jimbopalmer

Anon

to jimbopalmer
the ip range which i use in my office are
gateway:192.168.0.1
ip address:192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254

and after setting up the devide in wireless anterna alignment should the db be more or less?
which is good?

i get 100% signal but thr db varies from 30 to 50
from place to place. which db is good? higher or lower?