Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

oblivious

join:2012-12-27
New York, NY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

Good modem to use with Centurylink in 2013?

I previously had 20Mbps Centurylink service for many years at this location, and it was pretty reliable.

I just signed up for Centurylink service. I have a Netgear dm111pspv2, and it's constantly resyncing. It's very frustrating. I have a lot of reason to believe that the problem is with the router, so I looked up the Amazon.com product reviews for this router, and they're apparently pretty terrible. Most of the reviews give it one star.

I'm looking for what would be a good modem for Centurylink. A lot of modems are expensive, like $60-70, and that seems like too much.

Thanks.

davidtheweb

join:2011-01-29
Salt Lake City, UT

CenturyLink seems to to like to send customers the ActionTec C1000A, and I have heard decent things about it on the forum here.

Stunty

join:2013-09-16
Littleton, CO
reply to oblivious

In the long term you want to have a Broadcom chipset for your DSL router since this is what CenturyLink is working on (adjusting DSLAM performance). This way it will prevent most of the physical layer issues.
Also keep in mind you might be eligible for VDSL2 is your less than a 1 mile away from your CO.
DSL bonding is also growing up so check for a Broadcom 63168 /63268 chipset.

brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to oblivious

See if you can find a Technicolor C2000T, it does pair bonding when you move up to the service, has decent WiFi range, and the processor does not heat up nearly as bad as the Actiontec modem's do.

My Actiontec modems i'd have to reboot a few times a week due to them being hot, but this one has been going for two weeks straight and not one single freeze, overheat, or retrain. This thing is proving to be pretty solid.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to oblivious

Hello,

Our team can help resolve your modem issue. Please send your account information & pertinent details to talktous@centurylink.com.

Thank you very much,

Tom
Social Media Manager
Customer Advocacy
TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com