spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wondering
@sdplains.com

wondering

Anon

forwarding text messages

Similiar questions have been asked, but they differ slightly. I have a personal umlimited data verizon phone but the phone is getting old and starting to lag and have a mind of it's own. When I started a new job they handed me a brand new Iphone 5s. I know how to forward the calls from my old phone to my new phone. My question is, can I forward the text messages from my old phone to my new work provided phone? Any thoughts or info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
wondering

wondering

Anon

I guess I should have mentioned that both are verizon phones. Thanks

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to wondering

to wondering
Are you asking if you can move the old text messages you already received onto the new phone?

Or are you asking if you can have any text messages sent to to the old phone forwarded like you can with voice calls?

wondering
@sdplains.com

wondering

Anon

I'm asking if I can have any text messages sent to the old phone forwarded to the new phone, exactly like voice calls.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

Not that I am aware of... it is *technically* possible of course but I have never seen it offered by any US carrier as a service.

If the old phone was an iPhone you can sign in with the same username/password and the iMessage servers might send it to both devices... downside being you would loose any messages from non iMessage users.

If the old phone is a smart phone there might be an app for the old device. Check the app store for the old device and see if anyone has made one...just search for "forward sms"... the downside, if you are on a limited SMS plan, would be that each message would count as two (the phone would receive the message then send the message again to your new number).

This isn't a solution to your current problem, but would allow you to get messages on multiple devices. You could get a google voice number, and give that out as your sms number, and just have texts forwarded from the google voice number to all your phones... downside here is google voice sms is text only at this time, no MMS support.

Good luck!
mtncat
join:2003-12-05
Elizabethton, TN

1 recommendation

mtncat to wondering

to wondering
I remember reading about this app called Verizon Messages: »www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· ges.html

I've not tried it, but seems like it could be configured to do what you are trying to accomplish.

good luck