TSI Support
ISP Employee
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Outages

ISP Employee

[Outages] Outage Report Cable/DSL 09/29 11:50AM

Hello Everyone

Cable customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

Reported on 09/25/2013
• St. Laurent POI, Ottawa - RF Signal issue (**resolved 09/29**)
• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - RF Signal & Routing issue
• Newkirk POI, Thornhill/Richmond Hill - RF & DHCP issue (**resolved 09/29**)
• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - Provisioning issue (**resolved 09/29**)
• Scarlett POI, Etobicoke - RF Signal issue

Reported on 09/26/2013
• Anderson POI, Markham - DHCP issue
• McNicoll POI, Scarborough - DHCP issue
• Wolfdale POI, Mississauga - RF Signal issue

Reported on 09/27/2013
• Anderson POI, Markham - RF Signal issue
• St. Laurent POI, Ottawa - DHCP issue
• Maple ON - RF Signal issue

Reported on 09/28/2013
• 333 Bloor POI, Toronto - RF Signal issue
• 333 Bloor POI, Toronto - DHCP issue
• Comstock POI, East York - RF Signal issue
• Comstock POI, East York - DHCP issue

**Updates**
** Resolved 09/29/2013 **

• St. Laurent POI, Ottawa - RF Signal issue
• Newkirk POI, Thornhill/Richmond Hill - RF & DHCP issue
• Newkirk POI, Richmond Hill - Provisioning issue

DSL customers in the following areas may be experiencing service interruptions:

• Brampton
• Stoney Creek
• Ajax

We apologize for any inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues ASAP.

Thank you
TSI Alan

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

Was there a DNS server glitch too?

I got a call from a customer, after some debugging we tried switching him over to Google servers, and he got back online. I tried switching away from Google servers to the dynamically assigned ones, and my connection failed. 10 more minutes go by and I'm fine with the TekSavvy servers again.
Whellow
join:2013-09-28
Markham, ON

Whellow to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Still without Cable Internet at L6C. It's been 5 days now. Victoria Square, near the big cathedral.

Patience is reallllly wearing thin guys, especially as I see others coming back online. 1 or 2 days is one thing. This is coming close to a week.

Been on hold for almost an hour so far, so happy to put my day on hold for this.

NikRH
@24.114.68.x

NikRH

Anon

L4C, and I don't know why the post says that DHCP issues are solved in Richmond Hill. Immediate sync but still unable to get an IP address.
mhiew
join:2013-09-27

mhiew to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
L4E here which I am assuming falls under the newkirk and thornhill areas. Still unable to get an IP.

Tried rebooting and factory reseting my modem.
Jet123
L4b

Jet123 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
L4b here, Richmond hill area still no Internet, close to a week now.
kimks3
join:2012-12-01
Richmond Hill, ON

kimks3 to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
L4E is most certainly not fixed
drdobs
Richmond Hill, ON

drdobs to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
L4S, Richmond hill down since Friday.

torguy
@207.164.79.x

torguy

Anon

Out since Saturday AM in downtown Toronto. This is killing me because I have a ton of work to do!
torguy

torguy

Anon

M4X and the issue is DHCP
gotak
join:2011-05-17
L6G 0C5

gotak to torguy

to torguy
I hear you. On the phone now with robbers.

Odd they are mirroring tek plans...
gotak

gotak to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Farewell TekSavvy. We will see you again maybe on better terms.

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to gotak

to gotak
said by gotak:

What's odd about them taking TSi Customers ? That's exactly what they want ....
ecwchan3
join:2001-12-11
Scarborough, ON

ecwchan3 to gotak

to gotak
mirroring both price and bandwidth?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Crowbar10

Premium Member

to Crowbar10
said by Crowbar10:

said by gotak:

What's odd about them taking TSi Customers ? That's exactly what they want ....

While taking our users offline for days...

tekSavvyUser
@teksavvy.com

tekSavvyUser

Anon

Marc, damn it, you are too conservative! I say it in kind way. I suggested while back, promote xDSL (by offering discount to moving over to xDSL). I hate to see you are losing customers. We need you around!
torguy
join:2013-09-29
Toronto, ON

torguy to gotak

to gotak
The last thing I want to do is reward Rogers for their bs, but I can't go on much longer running a business from my phone....
gotak
L6G 0C5

gotak

Dude its a business transaction. It doesn't have to be fair. I need to be able to do work from home for my job. And even if rogers is evil, it still only matters that I can get my connect back for sure tomorrow.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to tekSavvyUser

Premium Member

to tekSavvyUser
said by [tekSavvyUser :

]Marc, damn it, you are too conservative! I say it in kind way. I suggested while back, promote xDSL (by offering discount to moving over to xDSL). I hate to see you are losing customers. We need you around!

We have seen major improvements with their responses to our tickets. Things seemed to be getting fixed. Then, all the new changes that they are making... Caused more to be offline. We're told that things should get back to normal this week.

A month ago, out of the blue, DSL also suddenly became delayed, literally over night. So DSL hasn't been a clear go to solution. You can see some complaints on here as well.

None of these problems can be explained by our growth. They're making huge changes and they are leaving our users offline disproportionately.

It wouldn't surprise me to see poor financials reported, that's just pure speculation, but that's what it takes.. They need to give up some share of the market... Clearly the incumbents aren't enjoying our presence.

tekSavvyUser
@teksavvy.com

tekSavvyUser

Anon

Thank you Marc. Good luck. We are with you! We all get promotional calls from incumbents after screwing our service in the first place. They want you and other TPIA out of service so can they milk us (the consumers) later on, but for short time they are sweetening the deals to frustrated customers!
We WON'T FALL FOR THOSE TRAPS!
gotak
L6G 0C5

gotak

All the power to you but I get paid according to stats can in the top 10% of Canadians and for me the stability at the end of the day matters for my job, more than how right TekSavvy is. I am glad people are sticking with tek so Rogers and bell are kept at least partially honest. And if things gets more stable for tek and service time is days instead of weeks potentially.. I will be back.
juleso
join:2009-06-04

juleso to TSI Outages

to TSI Outages
Looks like I've been on a 1 hr DHCP lease for days now....think i'm on Dupont.

Is this related to all this ongoing outage situation?
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to tekSavvyUser

Premium Member

to tekSavvyUser

Re: [Outages] Outage Report Cable/DSL 09/29 11:50AM

Thanks. I'll need you guys.. Not sure how exactly yet but your voices are going to make all the difference. If nothing else it helps keep a bit of sanity through it all.
TSI Marc

1 edit

TSI Marc to juleso

Premium Member

to juleso
said by juleso:

Looks like I've been on a 1 hr DHCP lease for days now....think i'm on Dupont.

Is this related to all this ongoing outage situation?

1 hour lease usually means that they are making changes to that part of the network. They do that to force the equipment to reset every hour... It helps make sure users get back online quickly after changes. Except, of course, when they completely break it and leave it that way for days.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to gotak

Premium Member

to gotak
said by gotak:

All the power to you but I get paid according to stats can in the top 10% of Canadians and for me the stability at the end of the day matters for my job, more than how right TekSavvy is. I am glad people are sticking with tek so Rogers and bell are kept at least partially honest. And if things gets more stable for tek and service time is days instead of weeks potentially.. I will be back.

Once these changes are made, I would expect some stability for a while. I hear what you're saying though.. I'm happy to offer you DSL or a wind solution if you're in their coverage area... Know that I want nothing more than to sell you a great service. It's not a lack of caring or trying...

montabonta
@telus.com

montabonta

Anon

Marc how can we apply for a temporary wind solution? My connection has been down for 5 days and I'd rather not have to leave teksavvy because I've been very happy until now.
Webslinger
Premium Member
join:2004-05-01

Webslinger to TSI Outages

Premium Member

to TSI Outages
said by TSI Outages:

• McNicoll POI, Scarborough - DHCP issue

Can't be the entire McNicoll POI area. I haven't had an outage in the past two weeks.

Watch. I just jinxed myself.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to tekSavvyUser

Premium Member

to tekSavvyUser
As for being around.. There's no problem on that front.. The numbers affected are small overall.. It sucks for those affected but the worst of it for us is that our phones and support queues are overloaded.. And that ends up affecting everybody trying to call in or signing up. So that's really the biggest problem.. Just keeping up with the problems.. Those offline tend to be anxious about getting back online, understandably so, but they end up calling many times each day. Adding thousands of extra calls per day to any service desk will create major problems.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to montabonta

Premium Member

to montabonta
I'll get somebody to follow up with you.