spc
Search similar:

uniqs

money69
@sbcglobal.net

money69

Anon

45mb upgrade areas and other speed availability

Im in Houston, Im currently on the 18mb package, I would like to get 24mb but it's not available at my location. So, my question is when the 45mb package comes here will 24mb become available as well? Will it require the new router? I have a router I have been using for well over a year but I own it and don't pay any rental fees and like it like that.

On a side note, I entered the address of a rental property I have here in Houston as well and 45mbps came up as available, so Im assuming it should be rolled out in Houston soon?

Anyone have any input?

TIA

my thoughts

Anon

The 45M internet is only available to those who qualify on VDSL circuits.
generally if you currently are on the 32M profile meaning 24M internet is available at your location .
You are less than 2200 feet from VRAD, with good SNM and an extra pair exists to your location.
The new bonded pair installs use the 589 RG and are LEASED only, NO purchase option available.

If your currently only eligible for 18M internet (about 50% of all accounts) there has been no discussion of upgrades at this point in time that I am aware of.

You may download uvrealtime to assist in determining your line distance and line quality.

Note, 2 types of installs are placed on 25M profile with 18M internet max.
1) those on a single pair install distance 2200-3000, as improvement with vectoring and how products delievered may be eligible for future pair bonding just not at current time.
2) those already on pair bonding inids with i38HG, normally distance 3000-6000 feet. As currently bonded limited to what their distance can support.
treytech
join:2013-09-04
Allen, TX

treytech

I'm still showing 24Mbit as the fastest speed in Allen, TX. I'm on the 32 meg profile with an estimated distance of 1400 feet from the vrad.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870

still showing 24Mbps as the fastest here in Arlington TX too but a few neighborhoods away is showing 45/6 as available I have a feeling it may be just an issue of my area having an F card being replaced with K card as we did have Uverse introduced in the area in 2008 and they might not have replaced the cards yet at the VRAD? found something more interesting some areas to the north of me in an densely populated area can only get 12Mbps and phone on Uverse and there are still some houses that can not even get Uverse in my area which is weird because you would think after several years of deployment At&t would fill them in. I still can't believe there is a patch of 12Mbps ADSL2+ in my area but I am guessing At&t didn't bother with deploying VDSL2 or thought there wasn't going to be enough homes on the VRAD to deploy VDSL2 but for the most part people with VDSL2 VRADs are on 24Mbps as the fastest tier except for a small amount of areas with 45Mbps that are capable of it. I only know of one family member that qualifies for 45Mbps and this is across the street from the family member that I had previously mentioned on here getting upgraded to 25/2 profile from 19/2 so I am thinking that there is a bridge tap on that line as my grandmother has a max download rate of 33Mbps after FEC but only 3Mbps up after FEC raw which is odd because I would think that it would only be about 27Mbps after FEC and 3Mbps up to be necessary for 25/2? My grandmother has a better downstream WAN after FEC than my uncle who has a 32/5 profile what the heck?

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

trparky

Premium Member

I'm still on an F-Card and I have the 45 Mbps service.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by trparky:

I'm still on an F-Card and I have the 45 Mbps service.

but an entire VRAD not offering 45Mbps may mean they need to swap out the cards though all I know is the wiring in my area is from the 1970s and I have room for a second pair in my area as my binding post has 20 slots but I think only 4 are used but that all depends on if the VRAD has open pairs.
jse75
Premium Member
join:2005-02-23
Austin, TX

jse75 to money69

Premium Member

to money69
Here in Austin, although the AT&T press release said the higher upgrade speeds are available for ordering as of yesterday, I still only see the 18M speed in my location. Sigh. I was so hopeful to get rid of Time Warner...
Merlin37
join:2012-06-08
Dallas, TX

Merlin37 to money69

to money69
A little misinformation in this thread. First, the percentage of U-verse customers that are eligible for 18M is more like 75%-80%. Also, the card in the VRAD has nothing to do with what shows up in the qualification systems with regards to speed tier availability. Finally, the launch of the new 45M tier and pair bonding does not provide additional reach for lower speed tiers....yet.
treytech
join:2013-09-04
Allen, TX

treytech to money69

to money69
An online chat session with AT&T proved to be quite fruitless. At this point, I think the only people that would know about any sort of time table would be the local techs, but I don't have any way of contacting them. I should have know AT&T would put more bullshit in the way of getting any sort of decent speeds out of them.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by treytech:

An online chat session with AT&T proved to be quite fruitless. At this point, I think the only people that would know about any sort of time table would be the local techs, but I don't have any way of contacting them. I should have know AT&T would put more bullshit in the way of getting any sort of decent speeds out of them.

It's not really Bull.. It's just like the 24/3 tier is only avail to some locations based on qualification factors... It all has to do with the physical plant to you and all the various technicalities involved with that... 45/6 is avail now as a option to those who can get it but as 24/3 isn't avail to everyone ... same with 45/6. (I am in the same situation -- I can walk to the VRAD in less than 2 minutes but 45/6 is not an option - I am maxed at 24/3 -- 400 ft from VRAD).

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Matt7:

said by treytech:

It's not really Bull.. It's just like the 24/3 tier is only avail to some locations based on qualification factors... It all has to do with the physical plant to you and all the various technicalities involved with that... 45/6 is avail now as a option to those who can get it but as 24/3 isn't avail to everyone ... same with 45/6. (I am in the same situation -- I can walk to the VRAD in less than 2 minutes but 45/6 is not an option - I am maxed at 24/3 -- 400 ft from VRAD).

I am pretty sure the sw region is not done changing the status of 45Mbps otherwise it would be available in more areas than it is already. I am seeing entire VRADs not able to get it and these are areas with cabling from the 1970s which I would think would be able to handle 45Mbps over two pairs as 24Mbps is already available.

banditz71
Premium Member
join:2001-04-03
Aubrey, TX

banditz71 to money69

Premium Member

to money69
The 45M (Power) option became available here in Aubrey TX (about 10 mi. NE of Denton) yesterday (29th)......I have an Oct. 12th install scheduled (earliest available was the 10th).....I'm currently on the 24/3 plan.

...................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................

xslashx
@sbcglobal.net

xslashx

Anon

I live in Cleveland, oh and just upgraded to the 45mb service. Im on a iNID and 3200' from the vrad. So far, works frickin awesome.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

They're doing it on the iNIDs without swapping for a 589? Surprising.
Merlin37
Dallas, TX

Merlin37

That is not correct. The iNID is no longer deployed in any pair bonding installations. All 45M orders require the NVG-589.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

That's what I thought.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to money69

Premium Member

to money69
Still showing only up to 18mbps at my parents place in west Houston (77077)

Ganthet
join:2009-08-05
Kansas City, MO

Ganthet to money69

to money69
24Mb still the highest option I have in Kansas City.

xslashx
@sbcglobal.net

xslashx to Merlin37

Anon

to Merlin37
even with an exsisting iNID?
Merlin37
Dallas, TX

Merlin37

No, not even with an existing iNID.
tauwyt9
join:2013-09-25
Arlington, TX

tauwyt9

Still not showing in Arlington, TX either (76017)

Jayhawk
@sbcglobal.net

Jayhawk to Ganthet

Anon

to Ganthet
Just ordered 45/6 tier today here in Leawood, KS (Kansas City suburb)

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to tauwyt9

to tauwyt9
said by tauwyt9:

Still not showing in Arlington, TX either (76017)

parts of Arlington are showing 45/6 as available parts of 76014 are showing availability but not my address in that zip code. Also some addresses in the 76140 zip code are showing it as available.

Ganthet
join:2009-08-05
Kansas City, MO

Ganthet to Jayhawk

to Jayhawk
Thanks Jayhawk. I just checked today and the 45 tier now shows available. However, when I click to change plan I get an error. I have a feeling many others in our area are ordering the new service. Glad to know its out there.
ryu4000
join:2006-11-18
Picayune, MS

ryu4000 to money69

to money69
I got it at my place but i went back to cable was having to many random disconnect and they couldnt figure out why so i just left glad i didnt cut my cable since it back to working normal.

TestBoy
Premium Member
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC

TestBoy to xslashx

Premium Member

to xslashx
said by xslashx :

even with an exsisting iNID?

I had an iNID... they swapped it for an NVG589.
They just dont mess with the iNID anymore from what I understand.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

hmm finding more addresses able to order power tier so it is really only a matter of time before it goes wide in areas with 24Mbps in the SW region now I have confirmed that is available in areas with almost 60 year old wiring in my city in some of the oldest neighborhoods in my area so I think that is a good sign a lot of my area should be able to get 45Mbps soon

ajanning
@38.111.150.x

ajanning to banditz71

Anon

to banditz71
Hi, i live in far far north dallas...basically south plano!...not far from you. But, they say I can't get power tier....for now. I'm 1200 feet from the VRAD, how far are you?
thanks.

banditz71
Premium Member
join:2001-04-03
Aubrey, TX

banditz71

Premium Member

ajanning - Can't remember "exactly".....but somewhere in that same neighborhood.....if I come up with an exact number, I'll let you know.
janning1
join:2004-02-22
Dallas, TX

janning1

Yes I'd be curious to know. Odd you can get it way out there, and I live right in the middle of the city, and can not.