spc
uniqs
j2sw
join:2006-05-02
Williamsport, IN

j2sw to wshultz

to wshultz

Re: I need ideas about expanding my WISP

Get into Cameras, VOIP, and other complimentary services as well. You will find you can sell cameras to clients who arent even your WISP customers.

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT

Except in Texas. You have to be a licensed private investigator or have a four year degree in criminology.

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore to j2sw

Premium Member

to j2sw
How do you monetize the Camera Angle ? Do you Just do a straight sell and install ?
Monthly fees would be a nice plus if there was a margin there ?

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by Semaphore:

How do you monetize the Camera Angle ?

Now you talkin' crazy cellular ideas!

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore

Premium Member

said by WHT:

Now you talkin' crazy cellular ideas!

I'm not against makin money... and Telcos do seem to be pretty good at that.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to Semaphore

Premium Member

to Semaphore
said by Semaphore:

How do you monetize the Camera Angle?

Web-enabled construction cameras...especially IR ones watching the tool sheds. Big money (and losses) in tool theft these days.
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

54067323 (banned)

said by John Galt6:

Web-enabled construction cameras...especially IR ones watching the tool sheds. Big money (and losses) in tool theft these days.

Damm good idea, a WISP would be a good match considering most projects have no wire line communications available, add some solar and a local sounder or two way voice and lease the units with a drop-off/setup fee.

A local DVR with motion detection zones could be utilized to preclude the need to run video over IP all the time lowering the overall traffic until something trips the DVR bringing the system into real time remote monitoring and being able to see what is actually happening can change the type of dispatch from an alarm report to a burglary in progress, upping the priority of the dispatch.