how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mystikal6700

join:2013-09-30
Millsboro, DE

Customer since '94 paying crazy price for Internet

So I have been a Mediacom customer since 1994, currently I am paying $50/month for 3Mbps Download / 256kbps Upload, which is outrageous. New customers are paying less than 20 dollars for that same internet amount (plus more upload).

I have tried calling, but they said that they won't help me at all despite being such a long time customer of Mediacom. They told me that in order to even get a little more I'd have to pay 60 dollars. They won't give any sort of deals at all.

Sadly, Mediacom is the only available internet provider in the area I live, it would be nice if they treated long time customers like their new ones.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
You must NOT have TV right with them?
Reason I ask is I do and I got a great deal on Ultra 50Mb (You could just see about 2-22 only) instead of what I have
Your only option is to contact MediacomChad and see what he can do

Mystikal6700

join:2013-09-30
Millsboro, DE
No TV, we have Dish since we got more bang for our buck with them. Wasn't happy with Mediacom's TV.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL
reply to Mystikal6700
that makes no since. I got retention's to offer me a deal on ultra 50 after my last promo ran out.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:121
reply to Mystikal6700
Mystikal6700, feel free to send me an IM with your account or phone number and I will look into it from here.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to Mystikal6700
We? make sure you have one name on the account. Cancel your service if they won't give you a deal. Have your roommate/spouse sign up as a new customer. Repeat every 2 years.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Mystikal6700
If your out of the promo just call em, ask for the retention dept, get signed up for a new two year promo, and life moves on.

I do this every two years, last time i got 30mb for the same price that i was paying for the lower tier.

Waiting for my next retention phone call maybe they can bump me to 50mb on a new deal... LOL

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:121
reply to Mystikal6700
I'm glad I was able to get this issue resolved for you. Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.