darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Vampire Diaries / The Originals on Oct 3

I have no idea why I keep watching this angst-filled teen drama but I do. Maybe The Originals will veer away from that a bit?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I know the first few episodes of S1 were SOOO bad,then I got hooked.

It's kinda moved away from the Teen Angst thing, but it's also getting really stupid,everyone is an oddball, vampire, (vampire killer), Witch, werewolve, all we need is a ghost and we'll have Being Human.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
The Originals IS supposed to veer into more adult themed territory.
said by TVD Wikia :

Joseph Morgan (Klaus) teases that fans can expect the spinoff to be "a little more adult, a little more kind of gothic because these are old time vampires here."

TwiztedZero

TwiztedZero to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
There will be ghosts ... at least in The Vampire Diaries - remember, Bonnie, and a few others. .

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Oh yeah, I forgot

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I watch VD because they have a nice variety of hot actors/actresses for one. Also, the writing is good enough to where I actually care about the characters and their trials & tribulations.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

I have no idea why I keep watching this angst-filled teen drama but I do. Maybe The Originals will veer away from that a bit?

LOL! Because it's interesting, and not much good SciFi is out there.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

Premium Member

to darcilicious
The new season of VD is off to a good start.

With the original vampires now gone from the town, they'll have more time to focus on the main cast.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Holy crap! I didn't even know that the new seasons had started already! I thought they started next week.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

It's started on usenet. I think they got it from Canada, but I'm not sure. The originals started too but it looked like the same spin-off episode that aired on the CW last season.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
The 1st episode of the new season of VD was even worse than I could have imagined.........I think I'm done with that crappy show.

The Originals was good in that it was more about the history of the family and whats to come and the involvement of the new characters.
ZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

OMG,I made the mistake of trying to watch another episode of VD..........good God how bad can this shit get..............teen angst on steroids...............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

1 recommendation

Premium Member

to darcilicious
If Klaus is the sire of Marcel, why then doesn't he use that sire bond to force him to give up Elijah?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ya was wondering the same thing...........any sired vamp has to listen to Klaus.

Not a bad show so far,but I'd like to see more confrontations with the witches,seeing as how they've got some sort of spell that overpowers the vamps.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Is it just me, or is The Originals currently more interesting than Vampire Diaries? It seems like a good bit of suspense and intrigue has moved over to the spin-off along with Klaus, Rebekkah and Elijah.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

I want Klaus to comeback just to spike the annoying Elena and her blonde buddy............how much whining can these 2 do?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to juilinsandar

Premium Member

to juilinsandar
I haven't seen any VD episodes this season yet, but I was about to comment on The Originals.

I've watched all 4 episodes in a row, and it's very very good. No spending countless ours doing character builds, right into the story.

It's interesting to see the 4 leads, 2 Aussies, a brit and a Canadian.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

Speaking of which, Phoebe Tonkin, who plays Haylie the pregnant werewolf, has a really good Australian movie that came out a few year ago called "Tomorrow When The War Began". It's similar to Red Dawn except for being set in Australia. They're supposed to be doing a sequel to it as well.

»youtu.be/f_KhErNyiq8

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I watched a couple of episodes of VD and what? Nothing has changed? You transfer the locale from Mystic Falls to UBC (the "college" they're going to).

Nothing else seems to have changed.. Bonnei seems to be getting more screen time now that she's dead, then she did before

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

1 recommendation

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Another great episode of the originals.

It's like they moved all the good writers over to the VD spinoff and left VD high and dry.

Daniel Gillies, who plays Elijah, is doing an awesome job.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Wow , look who showed up on VD, Janina Gavankar , I love that woman, she does manage to get a lot of work, even if it's for a short period.

She's playing Qetsiyah, last seasons obsession.