MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to juilinsandar

MVM

to juilinsandar

Re: [TV] Starz launches Outlander Series

I agree,....

Although, I didn't say there was anything wrong with bodice rippers. The term does imply that such a production would be geared to a very specific demographic though specifically women with an emphasis on romance.

Therefore, one expects to see a female lead with two or more romantic interests. Possibly even a largely male cast.

If this is the female lead:

»www.imdb.com/name/nm2928 ··· tt_cl_t1
»www.imdb.com/title/tt300 ··· _al_tt_1

Then she certainly has my interest if she participates in a lot of nude and adult scenes in this production but I suspect that she won't be the focal point of such scenes,....thus,....meh,...not really interested!

Again, I am not saying there is anything wrong with it, just that it likely wont be of any particular interest to me. I'll certainly pass it on to my sister in-law who is an avid reader of such things. Maybe even my Wife. Although if the Wife starts watching it I'll likely have to suffer through it,.....it might pay off though,.....

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

This is how I got sucked into True Blood--she discovered it several years ago and I got hooked. I don't mind the uninhibited HBO take on sexuality, and I really enjoy the dependable portrayal of vampires--violent, cultured, and self-serving (as opposed to Twilight's emo punks) that meshes well with many of the other vampire IP out there (Interviews, Blade, etc.). It sucks that the Blade franchise turned into such garbage--the second movie really had promise.

Anyways, OT. I'll see if she's interested in this one, as i certainly enjoy scifi more than she does, and it might be a good combination of our interests.