sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to loosedobbs

Mod

to loosedobbs

Re: Teksavvy of yesteryear (rant)

Loosedobs, I think you need to understand the differences between reasons and excuses. A reason is valid and unavoidable. An excuse is an attempt to deflect taking responsibility.

For example ... "I'm sorry I am late, I missed the bus" is an excuse because of the very obvious ... "why didn't you go a little earlier to the bus stop?" A reason on the other hand is credible and out of your hands ... "I'm sorry I am late, I was on that bus that crashed into the train".

Most of the reasons given in my post are out of TekSavvy's hands, and therefore not excuses, although they would become like an excuse if they were doing nothing to remedy them.

First, they are getting and training more staff. It takes time to train staff to the quality you need for this job. Interestingly, not many people, even those with good technical skills, actually make good CSRs. CSR burnout is surprisingly high amongst those who survive the initial turnover problems of working in call centres.

Second, the issues with the vendors are factual. It took time to assemble a suitable complaint to the CRTC, but there remains NOTHING that they can do in the short term. The vendors do not appear to be responding to requests to improve the situation and coercion is not an option ... you can threaten them all you want, they'll just cut you off and face the wrath of the CRTC. (After all Eastlink has not opted to provide TPIA at all)

Nobody's blaming the users. No company in a service industry likes to be in this position and they know that the last people to blame are the users.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by sbrook:

Loosedobs, I think you need to understand the differences between reasons and excuses. A reason is valid and unavoidable. An excuse is an attempt to deflect taking responsibility.

For example ... "I'm sorry I am late, I missed the bus" is an excuse because of the very obvious ... "why didn't you go a little earlier to the bus stop?" A reason on the other hand is credible and out of your hands ... "I'm sorry I am late, I was on that bus that crashed into the train".

Most of the reasons given in my post are out of TekSavvy's hands, and therefore not excuses, although they would become like an excuse if they were doing nothing to remedy them.

First, they are getting and training more staff. It takes time to train staff to the quality you need for this job. Interestingly, not many people, even those with good technical skills, actually make good CSRs. CSR burnout is surprisingly high amongst those who survive the initial turnover problems of working in call centres.

Second, the issues with the vendors are factual. It took time to assemble a suitable complaint to the CRTC, but there remains NOTHING that they can do in the short term. The vendors do not appear to be responding to requests to improve the situation and coercion is not an option ... you can threaten them all you want, they'll just cut you off and face the wrath of the CRTC. (After all Eastlink has not opted to provide TPIA at all)

Nobody's blaming the users. No company in a service industry likes to be in this position and they know that the last people to blame are the users.

You have right to defend TS but I am not buying it.
When I wanted to switch to TSI I faced phone system problem.
People blamed me so much but TS posted on this forum yes it was the system problem. That was almost 2-1/2 years before. Then also heard about new hiring about 150-250 people. Problem with Rogers

It is still same after all this time.
I also heard excuses from "Techies"/users that all this is because the idiot users have joined and are tying up the phone system and CSR time. I mean really? They decide who should join TSI?

What is most disturbing is any criticism is treated as Troll or Rogers employee comments and modes deleted it.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

You watch. As soon as these outages are fixed. Instantly the phone lines will be wide open.

fluffybunny
@teksavvy.com

fluffybunny to loosedobbs

Anon

to loosedobbs
because your "criticism" is pointless. i can point out that you are too short. why dont you reprogram your DNA and grow taller ? because you cant.
people have repeatedly told you TSI is hiring staff. your criticism is they dont have enough. ok. fine. they have hired 250. now what ? If rogers cuts off 10,000 customers what can those staff do ?
you have been told repeatedly TSI has no SLA with rogers. yet you insist on legal action. There is no court which will address this issue. only the CRTC. and TSI has approached the CRTC. what else can they do to "prove" it ?
your good sir are a troll. someone who repeats the same pointless argument even when confronted with facts.