uniqs
share rss forum feed

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
reply to WiFiguru

Re: Just like T-Mobile

T-Mobile actually does have an unlimited data plan for both prepaid and postpaid though. On lesser plans that aren't really unlimited they tell you upfront that you get a certain amount of data at up to 4G speeds then it is throttled down.

On a side note, I recently switched from Verizon postpaid to T-Mobile prepaid. On Verizon I was still using a feature phone (Samsung Reality) and the grandfathered 450 minute $40 plan, along with $10 for 500 texts and $10 for 75MB of data (forced data). After taxes I was paying just over $66 per month. I hardly ever used voice minutes and I rarely touched the data. Switching to a new "Share Everything" plan would cost even more. I wanted to upgrade to a smartphone and at best their lowest prepaid plan for that would cost the same, but I'd still be paying for something I rarely use... in that case "unlimited" voice. Plus Verizon's data prices are horrendous. They don't give you enough plan choice, certainly less than they have before. So I switched to T-Mobile prepaid and brought my own unlocked smartphone that I purchased separately. I went with their $30 plan with 100 minutes talk, unlimited text, and 5GB of up to 4G data (throttled after limit). Paying less than half of what I did with Verizon and getting more of what I want to use. I should have made the switch a long time ago as I was just pissing away money.
--
Photos By Greg Strong

delusion ftl

@comcast.net
There are at least 10 million+ (if not 30 million) customers just like you on ATT and VZW that would have an adequate or better expierence for less money on T-mobile or Sprint.

Most refuse to even try the competition.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to DeathK
I got the same plan its awesome!, google voice or vonage helps also if you need more than 100 mins

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to delusion ftl
Agreed, I'm loving tmo, switched in December last year, haven't looked back, now got a few friends to drop AT&T to lol, mainly to save money and get more of what we all use the most, DATA

adequate

@comcast.net
reply to delusion ftl
said by [delusion ftl :

]There are at least 10 million+ (if not 30 million) customers just like you on ATT and VZW that would have an adequate or better expierence for less money on T-mobile or Sprint.

Most refuse to even try the competition.

I had Sprint. It was not better, or even adequate.