spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

[OT] Door Magnet Locks IP Controlled

Does anyone know of a 12 volt open/close momentary switch that could be used to control a magnetic lock on a door but is IP controlled?

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

I think ubnt has one coming but it will probably be in a shipping container for the next 18 months.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
said by wirelessdog:

Does anyone know of a 12 volt open/close momentary switch that could be used to control a magnetic lock on a door but is IP controlled?

Curiously I made a prototype PoE powered "NetLock" way back in 2005/2006 when I was worried about theft of intellectual property at my old company.

Even more curiously, just and a few months later I became aware of "Loch Isle", an Ottawa area startup which was designing a networked lock that used wireless instead of PoE. Their web site used to say something like "we are the future of locks" etc.

Anyway, you can use off-the-shelf Bluetooth or Zigbee M2M modules to directly control some OEM magnetic locks. Many of them are low power and could run for a year from 2 AA cells or a small single cell Li-ion battery.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
Specific application...?
54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

54067323 (banned) to wirelessdog

to wirelessdog
Here's a couple.

»www.controlbyweb.com/web ··· ay-quad/

»www.robotshop.com/devant ··· aign=jos
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

lutful to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
1. Arduino + UR1 controller
»www.sdcsecurity.com/ur1- ··· dule.htm
for wide variety of locks: »www.sdcsecurity.com/products.htm

2. browser or smartphone control of electric keypad type locks:
»morningindustry.com/milo ··· ies.html

*** Weiser has launched a smartphone enabled residential lock system. Best Buy is taking pre-orders.

IntraLink
MVM
join:2002-08-14
Uath Valley

IntraLink to wirelessdog

MVM

to wirelessdog
Actually I think you could do this pretty easily with UBNT mFi controller and a DC Volt triggered lock.

The mFi software is pretty cool, been using it for over a year now with door sensors, temperature, current, motion etc.